UFC Crowds Disgust Me... - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Lightweight
 
TheJame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,615
                     
That's for sure, but I'd rather see them jiggle some titty before watching some asshole flex his arms, no?
TheJame is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJame
That's for sure, but I'd rather see them jiggle some titty before watching some asshole flex his arms, no?

When you're right you're right.
AtomDanger is offline  
post #23 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Lightweight
 
TheJame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,615
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomDanger
When you're right you're right.
I have to agree with you though, itís amazing how many people at those events arenít actual fans. Even the amount of celebrities piss me off, and you have to wonder how many of them actually pay for their tickets, and arenít just invited guests by the UFC. Las Vegas is THE worst place for this type of thing, and Iím glad the UFC is expanding and holding shows in other states. This gives your average UFC fan that canít afford a $1500 ticket the opportunity to enjoy the show in person.
TheJame is offline  
post #24 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJame
I have to agree with you though, itís amazing how many people at those events arenít actual fans. Even the amount of celebrities piss me off, and you have to wonder how many of them actually pay for their tickets, and arenít just invited guests by the UFC. Las Vegas is THE worst place for this type of thing, and Iím glad the UFC is expanding and holding shows in other states. This gives your average UFC fan that canít afford a $1500 ticket the opportunity to enjoy the show in person.

Yeah thats for sure. If you look at the payouts for the last few UFC events it says how much they made for the live gate and how many tickets they gave away.
I think they give something like 2 thousand tickets away.
I hope a lot of those go to fighters friends/family
AtomDanger is offline  
post #25 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Bantamweight
 
Steve-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 612
Blog Entries: 3
   
people that boo are the same people that yell at fighters when they walk out like they are tougher.

Id love to see a fighter pull somone out of the audience on the way to the ring because they were talking shit

Steve-d
www.steved-mma.com // My Training Blog!


Steve-d is offline  
post #26 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-d
people that boo are the same people that yell at fighters when they walk out like they are tougher.

Id love to see a fighter pull somone out of the audience on the way to the ring because they were talking shit


Yeah, thats a true athlete right there.
AtomDanger is offline  
post #27 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 205
 
MMA is based on mutual respect self dicipline and knowledge.U dont pay for a street fight but for a fight of 2 fighter with their skill that they learn in life in application. They boo cuz they paid for a product that didnt really exsist.Butt oh well what do u espect from the Mcdonald Nation except booing high quality technique that are not amazing visualy
Crocopride is offline  
post #28 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocopride
MMA is based on mutual respect self dicipline and knowledge.U dont pay for a street fight but for a fight of 2 fighter with their skill that they learn in life in application. They boo cuz they paid for a product that didnt really exsist.Butt oh well what do u espect from the Mcdonald Nation except booing high quality technique that are not amazing visualy

Thats right, sports fans have never wanted technique, ever.
In any sport.
So it amazes me people seem upset when mma becomes a big sport than the fans want the same thing fans of sports have always wanted, action.
AtomDanger is offline  
post #29 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 07:41 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 44
 
I think people boo'd Silvia because he is so boring and unwilling to take a chance in a fight. 5 rounds of jabbing is kinda lame. I wouldn't boo, but I understand why they do it.

At least when I watch at home I can get up and make something to eat while Silvia fights. People in the stands don't have that option.
redikulis is offline  
post #30 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 103
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomDanger
Ignorant? I have been training in Martial Arts since I was in the 4th grade, ten years old. I am 22 now.
That is 12 years of Martial Arts at only 22, I wouldn't say I am ignorant to the finer points.

To address the other matter, usually when there is a team who you don't like, you boo them. Its part of being a fan.
So, if I dont like the guy who is fighting someone I am a fan of, why should I cheer him?
Booing is part of sports any way you cut it.
You still have a ways to go to reach maturity there Atom. Have you got your 'Paisely' belt in boo sum guy yet?

I'm not talking about booing both fighters because of inactivity either. Booing a competitor because he does not come from the good old Yew ESS of Ayyyyye, or booing the guy who just schooled your idol is plain old poor sportsmanship, immaturity and shows a total lack of respect for the sport.
Squeetard is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome