Pay Outs UFC 65 - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 11-24-2006, 10:25 PM   #41 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 216
BHShaman has a little shameless behaviour in the pastBHShaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Fighters got paid less because they accepted less.
I'm not going to bother repeating everything that has been written by people on this board that actually RUN businesses, again. But do a search and read some of the responses by people that actually manage multi-million dollar agencies and read what they have to say.

In short:
Salaries are supply and demand.
People are getting paid what they are willing to accept.
Get over it.
BHShaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-24-2006, 10:28 PM   #42 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Therainnman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Laval, Quebec
Posts: 60
Therainnman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHShaman
Fighters got paid less because they accepted less.
I'm not going to bother repeating everything that has been written by people on this board that actually RUN businesses, again. But do a search and read some of the responses by people that actually manage multi-million dollar agencies and read what they have to say.

In short:
Salaries are supply and demand.
People are getting paid what they are willing to accept.
Get over it.

Bingo!!
__________________
Stephane Trahan
www.tracracing.com
Therainnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:16 PM   #43 (permalink)
Sensei
 
jamlena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New England (RI)
Posts: 2,359
jamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHShaman
Fighters got paid less because they accepted less.
I'm not going to bother repeating everything that has been written by people on this board that actually RUN businesses, again. But do a search and read some of the responses by people that actually manage multi-million dollar agencies and read what they have to say.

In short:
Salaries are supply and demand.
People are getting paid what they are willing to accept.
Get over it.
What school of business did you and the others you're talking about go to, sometimes we know we deserve more but have no say in the matter, what could Monson do in this situation? Refuse to fight and turn away probably his only chance at the title, you are crazy. We sometimes have to do what it takes to climb the ladder but it does'nt make it right for the UFC to take advantage of some of these less popular fighters IMO. I have said it once and I'll say it again in other situations the higher up you are on the ladder the more you make and that's how it should work on a fight card not to mention that the winner should always make more than the loser it's just plain ignorant to expect anything else. IMO... In the first UFC the only one who got paid was the one and only winner, hmmm what a concept, they did not pay the celebrity losers...You need to put things in perspective, I have run a successful business for many years and my long term employees would tear me apart if I was to start paying employees who are lower on the ladder more than what I pay them.
__________________
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?



Favorite Fighters:

Chuck Liddell
Rich Franklin
Diego Sanchez

Last edited by jamlena : 11-24-2006 at 11:22 PM.
jamlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:25 PM   #44 (permalink)
Administrator
 
ruban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 599
ruban will become famous soon enoughruban will become famous soon enoughruban will become famous soon enoughruban will become famous soon enoughruban will become famous soon enoughruban will become famous soon enoughruban will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHShaman

In short:
Salaries are supply and demand.
People are getting paid what they are willing to accept.
Get over it.
Supplying Tim with $120,000?
Somebody's getting robbed of $100,000


*edit* Well I'm getting tired of poking fun at Timmy. It's like shooting fish in a barrel so I'm ending that.
ruban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:29 PM   #45 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
theboz19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 295
theboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabby
People like watching Diaz. He gets a nice pay usually, he's a crowd pleaser for most.
I can't believe that fight wasn't televised. I mean, that's part of why I bought it.
__________________
THEBOZ

"DULCE ET DECORUM EST PRO PATRIA MORI"
theboz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:31 PM   #46 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
theboz19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 295
theboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamlena
What school of business did you and the others you're talking about go to, sometimes we know we deserve more but have no say in the matter, what could Monson do in this situation? Refuse to fight and turn away probably his only chance at the title, you are crazy. We sometimes have to do what it takes to climb the ladder but it does'nt make it right for the UFC to take advantage of some of these less popular fighters IMO. I have said it once and I'll say it again in other situations the higher up you are on the ladder the more you make and that's how it should work on a fight card not to mention that the winner should always make more than the loser it's just plain ignorant to expect anything else. IMO... In the first UFC the only one who got paid was the one and only winner, hmmm what a concept, they did not pay the celebrity losers...You need to put things in perspective, I have run a successful business for many years and my long term employees would tear me apart if I was to start paying employees who are lower on the ladder more than what I pay them.
Obviously the UFC didn't feel the same pressure from Monson that you do from your employees.
__________________
THEBOZ

"DULCE ET DECORUM EST PRO PATRIA MORI"
theboz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:39 PM   #47 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
theboz19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 295
theboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hug
Believable?

I'm not sure that I believe what has been posted in regards to fighters pay. I remember seeing that Matt was allegedly paid $200,000 to fight Royce Gracie. It seems that $75000 now would be a bit low. I guess what I mean to say is that I could start a thread called "UFC 65: Fighter Salaries" and make up any numbers that I wanted and all of you would be commenting on the numbers that I made up.
__________________
THEBOZ

"DULCE ET DECORUM EST PRO PATRIA MORI"
theboz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:40 PM   #48 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 216
BHShaman has a little shameless behaviour in the pastBHShaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamlena
what could Monson do in this situation? Refuse to fight and turn away probably his only chance at the title, you are crazy. We sometimes have to do what it takes to climb the ladder...
You answered your own question and validated my response.
Thanks.
BHShaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 12:45 AM   #49 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Therainnman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Laval, Quebec
Posts: 60
Therainnman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz19
Obviously the UFC didn't feel the same pressure from Monson that you do from your employees.

Exactly...sometimes people like Monson have to eat a big plate of STFU!!
__________________
Stephane Trahan
www.tracracing.com
Therainnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:18 AM   #50 (permalink)
Sensei
 
jamlena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New England (RI)
Posts: 2,359
jamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therainnman
Exactly...sometimes people like Monson have to eat a big plate of STFU!!
Thanx Rainman that's what I'm trying to say and these people just can't get thru there heads,the payout structure is wrong and what are the fighters supposed to do, the UFC has them by the ballz and they know it, they pay more money to the "celebs" plain & simple just look at the TUF 4 payout.
__________________
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?



Favorite Fighters:

Chuck Liddell
Rich Franklin
Diego Sanchez
jamlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios