**Official** LAY OFF OF TIM SYLVIA Thread - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 231
     
**Official** LAY OFF OF TIM SYLVIA Thread

I strongly believe he is not respected. He is very accomplished, he holds the title, he had to fight Monson with strategy, I would have done the same. He beat Arlovsky fair and square. He loves the belt I would too.

Most of the hate towards him is coming from people who have a complex and think it's "cool" to hate on him.

Before you hate on him, why not try to compete yourself and work your way up towards him and maybe get a chance at him and then when you beat him then,, and only then will you have a reason to legitimately hate on him!

sincerly,
gabester76 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 09:23 PM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,307
                     
I'm not hating on him because I think its cool! I'm hating on him because he is not giving 100% in his fight! Come on! It took three rounds for Monson to get Sylvia on the ground! Even then, Monson could not do anything to him! By round 5 Sylvia should have realized that Monson couldn't really do anything to him! That should have been motivation for Tim to take some risks to knock Monson out! Instead he played it safe and treated us with the most boring round in MMA history. Its not just fans who are saying this! Even Randy Couture, Former 2 time heavyweight and Light Heavyweight champion said it!

I agree that he is an accomplished fighter! He worked hard to get where he is today! But the fact of the matter is the man isn't hungry anymore! Who wants to see a fighter like that?

You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,806
                     
Well that lasted long
cabby is offline  
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 09:34 PM
ACI Level 1
 
FromHereOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 228
         
why make an offical thread when there's about 3 others with 30+ posts?

one thing I haven't seen yet is anybody commenting on the shape he's in. He makes Josh Barnett in '04-'05 look like arnold in pumping iron. the dude looks like a gumdrop out there. No wonder why he's "not aggressive".



"...They're not coming out here swinging, and brawling, and just going to spend their wad."

-Stephen Quadros "The Fight Professor"

"Can you say that?"

-Eddie Bravo, Co-Announcer
FromHereOn is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 09:39 PM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabester76
I strongly believe he is not respected. He is very accomplished, he holds the title, he had to fight Monson with strategy, I would have done the same. He beat Arlovsky fair and square. He loves the belt I would too.

Most of the hate towards him is coming from people who have a complex and think it's "cool" to hate on him.

Before you hate on him, why not try to compete yourself and work your way up towards him and maybe get a chance at him and then when you beat him then,, and only then will you have a reason to legitimately hate on him!

sincerly,

We live in a world full of judgement, esp when you are in the public eye, get over it and stop *****ing like a little girl about Tim getting picked on.

I am trying to work my way to fight Tim, wouldn't that be great!!! Anyhow, everyone has different reasons for not liking him or not respecting him.
Mine is the roids, when someone gets caught using roids I lose respect for them, period.
don't give me a bunch of shit about how you can't get buff or anything like that without being roided out, because you can, and its not that hard.(easy example for the idiots reading this is people in prison that are just HUGE, they must all have a roid hookup right?)
AtomDanger is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 231
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnar426
I'm not hating on him because I think its cool! I'm hating on him because he is not giving 100% in his fight! Come on! It took three rounds for Monson to get Sylvia on the ground! Even then, Monson could not do anything to him! By round 5 Sylvia should have realized that Monson couldn't really do anything to him! That should have been motivation for Tim to take some risks to knock Monson out! Instead he played it safe and treated us with the most boring round in MMA history. Its not just fans who are saying this! Even Randy Couture, Former 2 time heavyweight and Light Heavyweight champion said it!

I agree that he is an accomplished fighter! He worked hard to get where he is today! But the fact of the matter is the man isn't hungry anymore! Who wants to see a fighter like that?

I would say "overly cautious" not boring! He had been submitted easily before and he wasn't about to go out like that, not by monson for pete's sake. I could just hear tim saying to himself, "this bastard...anyone but this bastard is gonna submit me" Every fight isn't gonna be entertaining. YOu sound like some of the drunk ass fans who just want to see knock outs who were booing...you don't understand a strategic fight
gabester76 is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 11:09 PM
who's next?
 
Asian Sensation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Posts: 2,472
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabester76
I strongly believe he is not respected. He is very accomplished, he holds the title, he had to fight Monson with strategy, I would have done the same. He beat Arlovsky fair and square. He loves the belt I would too.

Most of the hate towards him is coming from people who have a complex and think it's "cool" to hate on him.

Before you hate on him, why not try to compete yourself and work your way up towards him and maybe get a chance at him and then when you beat him then,, and only then will you have a reason to legitimately hate on him!

sincerly,
first off he is the champ in a very weak HW division and is SOOOOO boring to watch(i didnt think it was possible for stand up to be this boring)and ofcourse thinking he's all that he challenged jerome lebanner and fedor but when they answered what did he do? HE SHUT THE **** UP!

second its not cool to hate on him its just a fact that he's boring out of shape cocky shits himself and used steriods and as i said before boring fights

third the whole point if this forum is to discuss fighters and mma in general and it just so happens bad things are said about him so do we all have to become world class fighters to discuss him now if so you might as well close the forum

“Obviously Today is a great day in MMA.....Pro Elite is dead” - Dana White

Last edited by Asian Sensation; 11-24-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Asian Sensation is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 11:39 PM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,307
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabester76
I would say "overly cautious" not boring! He had been submitted easily before and he wasn't about to go out like that, not by monson for pete's sake. I could just hear tim saying to himself, "this bastard...anyone but this bastard is gonna submit me" Every fight isn't gonna be entertaining. YOu sound like some of the drunk ass fans who just want to see knock outs who were booing...you don't understand a strategic fight
Drunk? No... I'm just someone who doesn't like pi$$ing away $40.00 to see a champion act "overly cautious"!

You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 12:17 AM
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
                     
i'd lay off him if he wasn't a crappy, spoon-fed psudo-champ!

whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 01:35 AM
Banned
 
JawShattera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,785
     
sylvia's a big goon ass, no talent, jab and circle win by boring decision, no croud pleasing,no ko power or submission's stupid ass, riding a little kids trike dumbass looking tattoo muther****er in my opinion.

isnt much to sylvia but that, i hate the man.


but i have some level respect for him as i do for any man who steps into the ring and fights.
JawShattera is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome