UFC Fight Night 19 : Diaz vs. Guillard - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Banned
 
coldcall420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: banned
Posts: 0
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekou View Post
ehh.....I think people are too quick to jump up and scream about Mlevin's ground game.

The minute you mention Melvin Guillard people have this knee-jerk reaction "oh oh oh he'll get caught in a sub!!! he'll get caught in a sub!! he lacks ground game, he lacks ground game" When in reality, Joes Stevenson and Clay Guida have more losses by submission than him...so its all relative to the fighter.

Im not tryin to say that he doesnt have a good ground game, I would def say that Diaz has a better one.......Melvin just always seems to be on the mat on his knees with his hands on his head as if to indicate.....shit how did I fall for that............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes View Post
Okay...but melvin has gotten subbed by sub-par fighters (not including josh neer) whereas Clay and joe daddy have gotten subbed by some DAMN good fighters, i.e. roger huerta & bj penn
Very true I dont believe he wont get caught by Nate, and with Nate comming off two losses i feel like I know why they have him fighting someone like Melvin....who at one point was on his way out of the UFC...or close at least.....
coldcall420 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Posts: 1,738
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes View Post
Okay...but melvin has gotten subbed by sub-par fighters (not including josh neer) whereas Clay and joe daddy have gotten subbed by some DAMN good fighters, i.e. roger huerta & bj penn
yeah yeah...the whole "calibre of fighter" arguement is getting old, no offense. Joe Daddy got subbed by Chris Brennan (for Jah's sake).

Its all relative.
Sekou is offline  
post #33 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: U.S.
Posts: 2,134
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekou View Post
yeah yeah...the whole "calibre of fighter" arguement is getting old, no offense. Joe Daddy got subbed by Chris Brennan (for Jah's sake).

Its all relative.
how is it a f'n argument??? its just truth and knowledge of the sport, u have a lot better chance of getting subbed by a guy like bj penn than you do someone like ryan stout...give me a break
JustStoked is offline  
post #34 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Banned
 
coldcall420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: banned
Posts: 0
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes View Post
how is it a f'n argument??? its just truth and knowledge of the sport, u have a lot better chance of getting subbed by a guy like bj penn than you do someone like ryan stout...give me a break

There def is a diff in skill level.....I agree
coldcall420 is offline  
post #35 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 573
                     
WAR Diaz & Huerta!
KryptoNITE^^ is offline  
post #36 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,615
                     
Damn I cant stand that f**king retard diaz. Damn you got yourself a little money now a days hire a god damn speech pathalogist or something.

Grinding Gears
TERMINATOR is offline  
post #37 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 573
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERMINATOR View Post
Damn I cant stand that f**king retard diaz. Damn you got yourself a little money now a days hire a god damn speech pathalogist or something.
Terrible post from a terrible poster.

Do people like you kill their girlfriends when they break up with them because they don't know how to accept loss or don't know how to move on?

No, seriously.
KryptoNITE^^ is offline  
post #38 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,615
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNITE^^ View Post
Terrible post from a terrible poster.

Do people like you kill their girlfriends when they break up with them because they don't know how to accept loss or don't know how to move on?

No, seriously.
wow where the f**k did you pull that out of. I dislike diaz with a passion and now I kill my girlfriends. Move on about what.....Dumbass

Grinding Gears
TERMINATOR is offline  
post #39 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 573
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERMINATOR View Post
wow where the f**k did you pull that out of. I dislike diaz with a passion and now I kill my girlfriends. Move on about what.....Dumbass
Do you think before you post?

- Calling Nate a retard (Fighter bashing)
- Sounding like a retard yourself (f#$($(@@()@##*#*#*@$**!&!_# look at me im a tuff guy i ca n sweer LOLOLOL!!!!111111)
- Post was almost sherdog worthy (Disgusting)

Nice try...but fail.
KryptoNITE^^ is offline  
post #40 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 11:17 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Rupert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16
       
This card looks real good, Huerta vs. Maynard and Credeur vs. Quarry both have FOTN potential. Can't wait.

Supporting Keith Jardine, Jens Pulver, Matt Brown, Heath Herring, Mike Brown, Spencer Fisher and Randy Couture
Rupert is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome