Who wins: Machida or A. Silva? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Lyoto Machida 28 45.16%
Anderson Silva 34 54.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 04:39 AM
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 115
                 
It would be like some Dragonball Z shit dodging super fast punches and shit
Quinton Jackson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 07:36 AM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 11,920
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinton Jackson View Post
It would be like some Dragonball Z shit dodging super fast punches and shit
Yep I have to agree that's what I'm picturing. It will be one of the most technical fights we all get to witness. Trying to visualize it. They both might pull out some shit we havn't seen before. One thing you guys forget is that Machida feints a lot. Very very tricky fighter. I dunno couldn't pick one. Everyone is on the hype train right now which I'm on as well, but Machida is NO JOKE.

Man...can you believe he ended another fight under one round!
No_Mercy is offline  
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Banned
 
coldcall420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: banned
Posts: 0
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge View Post
I'd be willing to bet he would connect. But then again, we don't know, and we'll never know.

Anderson's style is perfect to beat Machida. He's the best striker in MMA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
i agree I think anderson has the speed and pin point striking to get to the point, before machida moves the point.

this fight would be the greatest fight ever, no fight would ever top it...what a chess match.

Its the unstopable force against the moveable object. lol



Yeah guys but Lyoto is the bet at being elusive and avoiding those strikes, not to mention countering the entire time.....

plus your talkin about a guy that rarely gets hit, once every 2.5 rounds.....I realize Anderson but still..........
coldcall420 is offline  
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Light Heavyweight
 
Biowza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,474
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcall420 View Post
Yeah guys but Lyoto is the bet at being elusive and avoiding those strikes, not to mention countering the entire time.....

plus your talkin about a guy that rarely gets hit, once every 2.5 rounds.....I realize Anderson but still..........
I'd might even guess that Anderson is more elusive than Machida. Anderson is pretty much the same as Machida, but with much more power, and more accurate strikes.

Anderson takes this imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
This is by far the easiest and safest pick of the year in mma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
Nog's only chance is one of his miracle submissions, after taking a beating the entire fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
But its not gay if you watch it with a hot chik.
Biowza is offline  
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Featherweight
 
looney liam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: manchester, england
Posts: 1,246
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcall420 View Post
Yeah guys but Lyoto is the bet at being elusive and avoiding those strikes, not to mention countering the entire time.....

plus your talkin about a guy that rarely gets hit, once every 2.5 rounds.....I realize Anderson but still..........
your also forgetting that anderson is a counter striker as well. he never engages until his opponent becomes the aggressor. watch the cote and leites fight again, even when silva had a dominant position to finish he didnt go for the kill because his opponents weren't attacking.

this fight would be a very lackluster stalemate. both fighters would be unwilling to engage, and be throwing the odd strike before getting out of range again. i'd say lyoto would be more likely to win a decision because anderson doesn't mind taking the odd punch or kick. anderson would be more likely to finish though, he could catch lyoto's kicks and unload on his chin.

i honestly couldn't call this fight, its a 50/50 in my book. i'd want anderson to win, but its just too close to call.

<--- the punch that started it all!

My current favirote fighters
Anderson Silva
Junior Dos Santos
Mauricio Rua
Alistair Overeem
Jon Jones

WAR dan hardy, paul daley, ross pearson and terry etim doing it for the britz!
looney liam is offline  
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 371
                     
There's nothing that I've seen Machida do that I haven't seen Anderson Silva do, but I've seen Anderson knock out people like Mozart composed. He has done it in every which way the violent mind can compose. In far more spectacular and unpredictable ways than Machida.

Machida is more popular than A Silva here and so the outcome of this poll is predictable. As a matter of fact, more people thought Forrest would bully Anderson UNTIL Anderson knocked him out 3 times in 3 minutes!

Peeps here also thought Hendo would handle him the first time around until Hendo's face was as swollen as a puff fish from being choked out.

Most people ignore the fact that though Machida got his lick in on Rashad, he finished that fight swinging as wildly, stiff and as flat-footed as Rashad and that either one of the two could have been caught in that final exchange. Had he thrown those wild swings against a meticulous striker who doesn't do wild swings, A Silva, he'd have been knocked out instead. Go back and watch the last seconds of Machida/Evans and tell me that what happened to Forrest would not happen to Machida too if he were as reckless against Silva.

Machida actually looks to have been closing his eyes at one point as he swung too randomly and generally...a big no no against Anderson, or even Roy Jones for that matter. Anderson never closes his eyes until he's put 'em to sleep.

Last edited by HeelHooker; 08-11-2009 at 08:57 AM.
HeelHooker is offline  
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Bantamweight
 
Servatose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 996
                     
This is a really tough fight to call. I like both fighters a lot. I think people are forgetting how much Lyoto's style has evolved in his last couple of fights. He was the aggressor against Rashad, but he chose his angles in a way that didn't expose him to on-coming attacks. That "exchange" as one person put it, that Rashad and Lyoto were in at the end of their fight wasn't much of an exchange at all. It was Lyoto finishing off Rashad. He didn't take much of a risk by moving in there, because he picked angles to attack from that were safe. I think if anything Lyoto's fight with Thiago Silva proved how hard he can hit. I was surprised how many of you seem to not be aware of those last two factors about Lyoto's techniques. I'm more on the page of those who said this fight would probably bring something we've never really witnessed to the octagon before. Such high levels of technique against one another. Styles make fights, and we've never seen Anderson against a fighter who manages to be both elusive and aggressive simultaneously, much like himself. I could see Lyoto taking this from Anderson by picking a good angle of attack and following through with it much like he did against Rashad, until Anderson was finished from the onslaught. However I could also see Anderson catching Lyoto with a good hit rocking him as he did to Forrest, and finishing him off in a similar manner. It's hard to say, difficult to imagine, and impossible to predict.
Servatose is offline  
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 371
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Servatose View Post
This is a really tough fight to call. I like both fighters a lot. I think people are forgetting how much Lyoto's style has evolved in his last couple of fights. He was the aggressor against Rashad, but he chose his angles in a way that didn't expose him to on-coming attacks. That "exchange" as one person put it, that Rashad and Lyoto were in at the end of their fight wasn't much of an exchange at all. It was Lyoto finishing off Rashad. He didn't take much of a risk by moving in there, because he picked angles to attack from that were safe. I think if anything Lyoto's fight with Thiago Silva proved how hard he can hit. I was surprised how many of you seem to not be aware of those last two factors about Lyoto's techniques. I'm more on the page of those who said this fight would probably bring something we've never really witnessed to the octagon before. Such high levels of technique against one another. Styles make fights, and we've never seen Anderson against a fighter who manages to be both elusive and aggressive simultaneously, much like himself. I could see Lyoto taking this from Anderson by picking a good angle of attack and following through with it much like he did against Rashad, until Anderson was finished from the onslaught. However I could also see Anderson catching Lyoto with a good hit rocking him as he did to Forrest, and finishing him off in a similar manner. It's hard to say, difficult to imagine, and impossible to predict.
The exchange with Thiago was slick and it showed how much more intelligent of a striker Machida was. However, I disagree about the conclusion of the Machida/Evans fight. Machida went sloppy and wasn't picking any angles or sliding in and out. He was flat footed and brawling which could have wound up with him being caught. It certainly gets a guy knocked out by a an average boxer, let alone a striker as dynamic as A Silva.

Like I said, watch the video again. Machida actually looks to be closing his eyes in parts as he swung. Had Evans been combining head movement with his striking, instead of just slugging back, the flat-footedness might have proven a problem for Lyoto, even with a flukish Evans punch.

Last edited by HeelHooker; 08-11-2009 at 10:13 AM.
HeelHooker is offline  
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Bantamweight
 
T.Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 571
                     
Machida has the advantage when it comes to not being hit, while Silva has better striking IMO. This to me is the fight I want to see more than any other at the moment because they are both such clever, precise strikers. This is a tough call but I have to go with Silva.
T.Bone is offline  
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 10:17 AM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
Three or five rounds? I think Lyoto would try to take it to the ground and win the fight there by controlling Anderson.




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome