I was as impressed as possible while not watching A. Silva by BJ's last win. Hell after the GSP affair even I was saying Florian was going to beat BJ but only for a little while.
A couple of thoughts:
1. BJ will not be the first fighter to finish Diego Sanchez.
2. It is no longer a foregone conclusion BJ will tire in 5 rounds. I confess, before UFC 101 I was honestly counting the days until Diego was champion based strictly on cardio.
3. Sanchez beat Guida more soundly than the judges gave him credit for.
4. Diego should do no press from now until the fight.
5. Everyone is the champs "toughest opponent yet"....Diego really is BJ's toughest 155 challenger yet. REALLY.
6. AND....Diego will have the cardio and size advantage in this fight. Diego WILL get the takedown against Penn if he wants it which he will....because he will attempt to outpoint BJ.
7. If BJ strikes like he did against Stephensen, leading with uppercuts and what not, BJ may KO him because BJ has the BJJ, striking, and title experience...these are more important then size and cardio coz the size difference may be miniscule and BJ has progressed with his cardio....to Diego's level? Remains to be seen.
THIS FIGHT WILL BE AMAZING. BJ is BJ and Diego will bring more to the table then anyone else has. I believe Diego can win this fight but it would be fan bias for me to not acknowledge BJ is the favorite in this fight....had a mean case of fan bias goin into Fitch v. GSP...gotta rise above it this time.
A groan of tedium escapes me...