MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   GSP vs. Hughes 3! (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/6230-gsp-vs-hughes-3-a.html)

unused 12-13-2006 07:01 AM

GSP vs. Hughes 3!
 
Sherdog is saying that this fight will take place in April in Montreal. UFC Announces GSP-Hughes III for April in Canada I think Hughes will make it a better fight and not fall victim to a head kick, but GSP all the way, a KO in the third instead of the second. He just has his number.

SuzukS 12-13-2006 07:07 AM

Yeah I thought we would see a rubber match between the two much sooner than later, I can't wait. GSP for the win 2nd round!

T.B. 12-13-2006 07:09 AM

To begin my post, I just wanna say that JawShattera's avatar PWNS yours usused. Go look at it...you'll see what I'm talkin' about. :D

Alright, onto business.

Yeah I found out this news earlier today. I can just see how Pro-GSP that crowd is going to be. DAAAAAAAMN. Hughes' entrance music probably won't even be able to be heard over the thunderous boos.

That shyt is gonna be crazy.

Hmmmm...as for an outcome for that one. It's tough. Like you said unused, Hughes will prepare better based off the video he'll study of UFC 65 - and he'll make it a better fight this time around...but I just see Georges winning one way or another. It's too hard to pick an EXACT result right now though.

derekaa 12-13-2006 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unused
Sherdog is saying that this fight will take place in April in Montreal. UFC Announces GSP-Hughes III for April in Canada I think Hughes will make it a better fight and not fall victim to a head kick, but GSP all the way, a KO in the third instead of the second. He just has his number.

Nice find! Repped! I seriously think Hughes stands a chance, he lost his belt, which gives him more motivation than ever to make himself the longest defending champion... again!!! ALthough, GSP is pretty frickin nasty at anything he does. I don't know... I hope it doesn't go to a decision lol

Rambler14 12-13-2006 07:14 AM

Keep in mind this is still tentative... Serra gets 1st crack in February. :laugh:

Oil 12-13-2006 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unused
Sherdog is saying that this fight will take place in April in Montreal. UFC Announces GSP-Hughes III for April in Canada I think Hughes will make it a better fight and not fall victim to a head kick, but GSP all the way, a KO in the third instead of the second. He just has his number.


Or....punches...because that's what knocked him out in the first round at the bell.

unused 12-13-2006 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREY B.
To begin my post, I just wanna say that JawShattera's avatar PWNS yours usused. Go look at it...you'll see what I'm talkin' about. :D

Alright, onto business.

Yeah I found out this news earlier today. I can just see how Pro-GSP that crowd is going to be. DAAAAAAAMN. Hughes' entrance music probably won't even be able to be heard over the thunderous boos.

That shyt is gonna be crazy.

Hmmmm...as for an outcome for that one. It's tough. Like you said unused, Hughes will prepare better based off the video he'll study of UFC 65 - and he'll make it a better fight this time around...but I just see Georges winning one way or another. It's too hard to pick an EXACT result right now though.



Yea JawShattera's aviatar is better but who knows which fight is which mine could be from the first fight and his from the second, who knows. Rampage got kneed like crazy in both and mine is the best part of the action the connecting shoot.

On another note I don't believe that Hughes is going to get booed that much but he is going to get booed just because it is Canada and GSP is an icon there. But Canada also has a lot of hard core fans who don't boo like new and uneducated fans.

Therainnman 12-13-2006 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unused

On another note I don't believe that Hughes is going to get booed that much but he is going to get booed just because it is Canada and GSP is an icon there. But Canada also has a lot of hard core fans who don't boo like new and uneducated fans.

Quebec's fan are not big booer...unless its to show our discontent to our OWN hockey team when they are not performing to ''our'' standards...on another note, people are people and they might boo Hughes or even chant Canada just to get back at what was done in Cali. Hope not though. I hate this $hit, it about fighters, not countries...

asskicker 12-13-2006 07:44 AM

Im not even looking forward to this fight. Its gonna be one sided again and Im starting to get sick of rematches all the time. I do wanna see a BJ/Hughes rematch though. I think Hughes should have to beat at least one person before geting another title shot.

unused 12-13-2006 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asskicker
Im not even looking forward to this fight. Its gonna be one sided again and Im starting to get sick of rematches all the time. I do wanna see a BJ/Hughes rematch though. I think Hughes should have to beat at least one person before geting another title shot.


Your right the UFC does do a lot of rematches but they also have a lot of title fights. I don't mind the rematches if they are for the title. The one thing that bothers me about Pride is all the non-title fights like the up coming one with Gomi. Arona should have been the champ when he beat the axe murder but pride doesn't seem to like their belt holders to lose the belt. I am not a nuthugger on any promotion I just like to see contenders get the belt when they win and if that means rematches I am ok with that.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2