Crocop Takes a Cheapshot at Fedor aswell! - Page 8 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Cheers.
 
vandalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,341
                     
Fedor fans can be so sensitive. I mean, I love the guy, he's amazing, but he isn't beyond reproach.
vandalian is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Flyweight
 
Tomislav III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: All over
Posts: 224
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandalian View Post
Fedor fans can be so sensitive. I mean, I love the guy, he's amazing, but he isn't beyond reproach.
Yeah, I mean... I disagree with CroCop about how much this hurts Fedor's legacy as I don't see how the competition in the UFC is heads and shoulders above the competition in Strikeforce's HW division, but whatever. Fedor doesn't care about his critics; Fedor doesn't even pay attention.
Tomislav III is offline  
post #73 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Cheers.
 
vandalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,341
                     
So if Fedor doesn't care, then why should his fans get so worked up about it?
vandalian is offline  
post #74 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,158
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav III View Post
Fedor doesn't care about his critics; Fedor doesn't even pay attention.
This made me feel so useless...

I am not worthy of the almighty MMA God!


Fedor

The505Butcher is offline  
post #75 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 07:55 PM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by The505Butcher View Post
That would mean you think Fedor is a worse fighter than Rogers and sylvia right? I means Arlovski was beat by Sylvia twice and Rogers and Fedor, by your own admission, was getting worked standing up against Arlovski. A 16 second KO is impressive but if you have been doing it all the time then doing it again and against someone with a glass jaw proves only that he can destroy chandeliers.



I never said he is a much better fighter... stop putting words in my mouth. I have said that they are right around the same ranking to me right now and the reason i put Carwin higher is because he has shown to be a well rounded fighter who is good everywhere. I do not want to say a fighter who i know is good everywhere is not as good as someone who i know is good in one aspect of MMA. This is not a kickboxing match and until i hear or see Rogers having a good ground game i will not say he is a better MMA fighter until i see him defend takedowns against Fedor maybe? or see him off his back against fedor. i want to see how complete a fighter he is before I say he is better than someone i know is a complete fighter. Is that really so wrong?

Alright well if were gonna take it this route then YOU think that Sexiyama is better then nate marquardt because he didnt just knock Alan Belcher out like Nate did to Maia.

See 2 can play this game.

All i was saying is that its silly that to you Carwins fight with Gonzaga is more Impressive then Rogers fight with Arlovski. You seem to look down on Rogers because he just knocks his opponents out as quick as he can instead of getting his ass kicked a bit then coming back and winning.

SideWays222 is offline  
post #76 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,158
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Alright well if were gonna take it this route then YOU think that Sexiyama is better then nate marquardt because he didnt just knock Alan Belcher out like Nate did to Maia.

See 2 can play this game.

All i was saying is that its silly that to you Carwins fight with Gonzaga is more Impressive then Rogers fight with Arlovski. You seem to look down on Rogers because he just knocks his opponents out as quick as he can instead of getting his ass kicked a bit then coming back and winning.
Yes this is exactly what I am saying. I look down upon fighters that get quick KOs. I never said anything about Nate because I know he is a well rounded fighter. Please will you two listen to what I am saying. I do not "look down on Rogers." You were "looking down" on Carwin because he got caught while standing up and it looked like he might lose that fight even though it was far too early to call.

I have only said that since none of us know anything about his ground game and he has only faced one big name who according to you is known for his stand up, we can not say he will not be like Kongo and get worked whenever he is taken to the ground. I can, and anyone else who thinks this way, say that since I know the Carwin has a complete fighting game and I do not know anything about Rogers complete game Carwin ranks higher on my list of fighters. Obviously you two think that unknowns are good and feel at home saying he is better than someone who has a complete game.

The505Butcher is offline  
post #77 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 01:01 AM
CoutureCop
 
Davisty69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,091
                     
Seems legit to me. It isn't too critical, and seems to genuinely question Fedor's motives.


Check out MMAforum.com's
Top 25 Fights to show a new MMA fan!!

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/69374-to...ml#post1079252
Davisty69 is offline  
post #78 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 01:35 AM
Flyweight
 
Tomislav III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: All over
Posts: 224
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandalian View Post
So if Fedor doesn't care, then why should his fans get so worked up about it?
That was precisely my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The505Butcher View Post
This made me feel so useless...

I am not worthy of the almighty MMA God!


Fedor

I don't know what you're saying with this. I'm not trying to say that CroCop is right or that Fedor is overrated or anything. I think Fedor is simply unphased by criticism; he'll beat whoever comes in front of him no matter what - and make more money doing it than he would if he signed his sole persona over to the UFC while doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisty69 View Post
Seems legit to me. It isn't too critical, and seems to genuinely question Fedor's motives.

I don't think it's legit at all actually. To say a fighter that has really given no indication that he cares about his record or what critics think of him as "ducking" the marginally better competition in the UFC is a cheap shot if I've ever seen one.

That said, I still think it will just role off Fedor's back like every criticism does.

Last edited by Tomislav III; 09-10-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Tomislav III is offline  
post #79 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 02:29 AM
Cheers.
 
vandalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,341
                     
But I doubt Cro Cop is trying to hurt Fedor's feelings. He's just answering a question.
vandalian is offline  
post #80 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 02:40 AM
Bantamweight
 
ufcrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 721
                     
I don't think it's a cheapshot at all. He's saying the same thing as all of us. I DON'T UNDERSTAND. I actually can't believe I'm getting involved in this thread. I'm sick of the Fedor talk. Until he gets in the cage, I can't make a judgement on the legitimacy of the legend...and no-one else can either.
ufcrules is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome