Tim Credeur says one of the judges was smoking heroin - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 09-18-2009, 12:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 173
kano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nice
Forgot to shout out to xeberus for the awesome action fig. Cecil Peoples is my new hero.
kano666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-18-2009, 12:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Necks are for sheep
 
Breadfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Washington State
Posts: 733
Breadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by wukkadb View Post
What the **** are you talking about? How can you see it as a split decision... a split decision means 2 judges scored it for Nate, and one for Tim...
TOTALLY.


There's never a reason to say "I Think it should have been a split decision" unless you think Each judge should score differently, which (in my mind) is ridiculous.

*Edit

Sorry Kano hit it on the head. I couldn't keep reading after I read the first few, I had to respond LOL
__________________

Thanks to
D.P.
For the Sig!


Favorite Fighters:

Donatello
Leonardo
Raphael
Michelangelo
Breadfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 106
gavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enough
my bad, agreed though. i meant i just thought it should have been called as a split. i didn't see anything unanimous about that fight?

Last edited by gavyg : 09-18-2009 at 12:27 AM.
gavyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
LCRaiders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,296
LCRaiders is a glorious beacon of lightLCRaiders is a glorious beacon of lightLCRaiders is a glorious beacon of lightLCRaiders is a glorious beacon of lightLCRaiders is a glorious beacon of lightLCRaiders is a glorious beacon of lightLCRaiders is a glorious beacon of lightLCRaiders is a glorious beacon of lightLCRaiders is a glorious beacon of lightLCRaiders is a glorious beacon of lightLCRaiders is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by kano666 View Post
This is already explained above, but maybe you misunderstood.

A split decision does not mean that a fighter wins two of the three rounds. 'Split decision' and 'unanimous decision' refer to the decisions of the three judges watching the fight. If all three judges agree that Fighter X won, then he wins a unanimous decision. If two judges think Fighter X won but the other thinks Fighter Y won, then Fighter X wins a split decision.

So saying "I think the fight should have been a split decision" doesn't make much sense. That's like saying "I think the judges should have disagreed on who won". If you think the fight was close, but Nate won two of three rounds, that's perfectly reasonable. But that's not a split decision, it's just a close fight.
That's fine and I completely agree with you..

All I am saying and I proabably didn't say it the way it should have been said but I saw it as it going both ways..

I didn't see one fighter winning everyround. I understand that every judge scored it in favor of Nate. I'm not stupid nor a noob I get it..

I'm just saying the IMO I saw it as each fighter winning one round..
__________________
Sick Sig By Toxic

Aubrey Drake Graham & Michael Stevenson Are Genius's

LCRaiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Necks are for sheep
 
Breadfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Washington State
Posts: 733
Breadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level nowBreadfan is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavyg View Post
my bad, agreed though. i meant i just thought it should have been called as a split. i didn't see anything unanimous about that fight?
I don't understand. Do you think each judge should score every fight under the same guidelines?
__________________

Thanks to
D.P.
For the Sig!


Favorite Fighters:

Donatello
Leonardo
Raphael
Michelangelo
Breadfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
Das ▄bermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,633
wukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavyg View Post
my bad, agreed though. i meant i just thought it should have been called as a split. i didn't see anything unanimous about that fight?
__________________



What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 106
gavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enoughgavyg will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadfan View Post
I don't understand. Do you think each judge should score every fight under the same guidelines?
i think i should buy that cecil peoples action figure
gavyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
Das ▄bermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,633
wukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCRaiders View Post
That's fine and I completely agree with you..

All I am saying and I proabably didn't say it the way it should have been said but I saw it as it going both ways..

I didn't see one fighter winning everyround. I understand that every judge scored it in favor of Nate. I'm not stupid nor a noob I get it..

I'm just saying the IMO I saw it as each fighter winning one round..
So you saw it as a draw then? Which round do you think was a draw?
__________________



What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
"I <3 Trolls"
 
TraMaI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,922
TraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings System
FYI

Quote:
Nate Quarry and Tim Credeur opened up Ultimate Fight Night 19 in what is likely to be a 'Fight of the Year' candidate. The back and forth battle had the crowd roaring, and earned both gentleman a 'Fight of the Night' $30,000 bonus.

Credeur proved to be the quicker fighter, landing several combinations and leg kicks that damaged Quarry in the opening rounds. He managed to stun Quarry a few times, but it was Quarry's right hand that saved him time and time again. Credeur was caught by the over-hand right, but kept his composure each time he was sent to the canvas. Both men were battered and bruised by the fight's end as fans were on their feet congratulating the two combatants.

FiveKnuckles.com caught up with Credeur at an Atlanta airport and got his input on last night's epic fight with Quarry.

How are you feeling after 15 minutes of back-and-forth, non-stop action?

I feel good today. He definitely caught me with some right hands, but I think I did a better job keeping my hands up and my chin down. Except when I come in and start landing a lot of punches... you know I start getting over anxious and I'm just going to throw until the wheels fall off. And that's just craziness. I guess it fits my moniker. I try to be smart about it, but sometimes I'm a little too nuts for my own good.

How do you feel about your performance last night?

I knew Nate Quarry was the kind of guy that would stand there and fight. I don't know if he really believed I was going to stand there too, but I think I showed last night that it was a good fight for me at this point in my career. Having a tough battle with somebody like Nate maybe proves that I deserve to be there. I got a little work to do and think I was a little over-aggressive sometimes, but I'll work on it. I'll be back in the gym next week.

What was the plan going into the fight with Quarry?

Well, my plan was to keep my distance and use some kicks. I knew he was gonna throw the over-hand right. I tried to use my speed and combinations because we thought we'd be a little faster than Quarry. I think we were right, and I think I won the first round. The problem in the second round was I got too overanxious. Sometimes it's my fault and I'm just aggressive. If I start landing a couple punches, I'm going to run at you. That's just not a good idea, and my boxing coach almost cut my head off. I take it as a learning experience and move forward from here. If I keep making the progress I'm making, we should be in the win column the next time.

What do you make of the 'Fight of the Year' rumors circulating, and the perception of you as a fighter?

It's an honor to be even mentioned as 'Fight of the Year' in the same category as the fights like Diego Sanchez vs. Clay Guida. I don't think you can ever go into a fight expecting that. I think a lot of it has to do with the match-up. I know a lot of people were looking at this fight thinking what is this fight doing on the main card? You got Phillipe Nover vs. Sam Stout, Steve Cantwell vs. Brian Stann on the under-card, and some people were questioning Joe Silva's decision to even put my fight on the main card - and further questioning if I even deserve to fight Nate Quarry. I really took it as an opportunity to prove to myself ,and to everybody else, that they are wrong. I've had some decent success in the UFC so far. I've beat some real tough guys. I think in the eyes of fans, a lot of people saw me on The Ultimate Fighter and cast me off as the jiu-jitsu guy that got a couple fights out of the show, thinking I'll eventually just fizzle out. I know that can happen because there are so many fighters coming from the show and it was really just my desire to improve. I don't really care so much about the winning and the losing part. Of course, I want to win as a competitor, but I care more about the fighting. It's my job to go out there and fight hard, impress people and keep the fans on their feet. If you're going to look past me or look by me because I'm a nice guy or not necessarily the guy wearing cool t-shirts, talking a bunch of smack and being a big tool... if your going to look past me because of those things? You're making some big mistakes.

What's with the unanimous decision?

Well one judge scored it 30-27 for Quarry. He must have been smoking heroin, I think. I remember them saying "Cecil Peoples scored the bout 30-27," and I wanted to go after him. I mean sure I got caught a couple times and gave it away, but 30-27?
try to c/p the articles if you can
TraMaI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Das ▄bermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,633
wukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraMaI View Post
FYI
Quote:
Nate Quarry and Tim Credeur opened up Ultimate Fight Night 19 in what is likely to be a 'Fight of the Year' candidate. The back and forth battle had the crowd roaring, and earned both gentleman a 'Fight of the Night' $30,000 bonus.

Credeur proved to be the quicker fighter, landing several combinations and leg kicks that damaged Quarry in the opening rounds. He managed to stun Quarry a few times, but it was Quarry's right hand that saved him time and time again. Credeur was caught by the over-hand right, but kept his composure each time he was sent to the canvas. Both men were battered and bruised by the fight's end as fans were on their feet congratulating the two combatants.

FiveKnuckles.com caught up with Credeur at an Atlanta airport and got his input on last night's epic fight with Quarry.

How are you feeling after 15 minutes of back-and-forth, non-stop action?

I feel good today. He definitely caught me with some right hands, but I think I did a better job keeping my hands up and my chin down. Except when I come in and start landing a lot of punches... you know I start getting over anxious and I'm just going to throw until the wheels fall off. And that's just craziness. I guess it fits my moniker. I try to be smart about it, but sometimes I'm a little too nuts for my own good.

How do you feel about your performance last night?

I knew Nate Quarry was the kind of guy that would stand there and fight. I don't know if he really believed I was going to stand there too, but I think I showed last night that it was a good fight for me at this point in my career. Having a tough battle with somebody like Nate maybe proves that I deserve to be there. I got a little work to do and think I was a little over-aggressive sometimes, but I'll work on it. I'll be back in the gym next week.

What was the plan going into the fight with Quarry?

Well, my plan was to keep my distance and use some kicks. I knew he was gonna throw the over-hand right. I tried to use my speed and combinations because we thought we'd be a little faster than Quarry. I think we were right, and I think I won the first round. The problem in the second round was I got too overanxious. Sometimes it's my fault and I'm just aggressive. If I start landing a couple punches, I'm going to run at you. That's just not a good idea, and my boxing coach almost cut my head off. I take it as a learning experience and move forward from here. If I keep making the progress I'm making, we should be in the win column the next time.

What do you make of the 'Fight of the Year' rumors circulating, and the perception of you as a fighter?

It's an honor to be even mentioned as 'Fight of the Year' in the same category as the fights like Diego Sanchez vs. Clay Guida. I don't think you can ever go into a fight expecting that. I think a lot of it has to do with the match-up. I know a lot of people were looking at this fight thinking what is this fight doing on the main card? You got Phillipe Nover vs. Sam Stout, Steve Cantwell vs. Brian Stann on the under-card, and some people were questioning Joe Silva's decision to even put my fight on the main card - and further questioning if I even deserve to fight Nate Quarry. I really took it as an opportunity to prove to myself ,and to everybody else, that they are wrong. I've had some decent success in the UFC so far. I've beat some real tough guys. I think in the eyes of fans, a lot of people saw me on The Ultimate Fighter and cast me off as the jiu-jitsu guy that got a couple fights out of the show, thinking I'll eventually just fizzle out. I know that can happen because there are so many fighters coming from the show and it was really just my desire to improve. I don't really care so much about the winning and the losing part. Of course, I want to win as a competitor, but I care more about the fighting. It's my job to go out there and fight hard, impress people and keep the fans on their feet. If you're going to look past me or look by me because I'm a nice guy or not necessarily the guy wearing cool t-shirts, talking a bunch of smack and being a big tool... if your going to look past me because of those things? You're making some big mistakes.

What's with the unanimous decision?

Well one judge scored it 30-27 for Quarry. He must have been smoking heroin, I think. I remember them saying "Cecil Peoples scored the bout 30-27," and I wanted to go after him. I mean sure I got caught a couple times and gave it away, but 30-27?
try to c/p the articles if you can
tl;dr
__________________



What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright ę 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios