Tito vs. Forrest on SPIKE Right Now - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 12:59 PM
( . )( . )
 
Zender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 843
                     
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by flourhead
i know that was terrible. and one judge even scored the first round 10-8. forrest got dominated during the middle of the round but he got back up and let tito know he would be in for a fight. all scores should have been 29-28 in favor of forrest.
I totally agree & I thought it should have been quite blatant scoring. The only questionable thing about scoring the 3rd was Tito's takedown, but even then it was too little too late. Tito is a shadow of his former self & that fight showed it when he was bamboozled in the 2nd.
I'm wondering about the UFC these days with fixed scoring as the prospect of a Liddell Vs Ortiz II would've clearly been a big money spinner. I don't think he's quite ready but I would rather have seen Forrest in with Chuck! What a scramach!!!

Last edited by Zender; 12-15-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Zender is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 01:12 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 23
 
I can't believe anyone who watched that fight would think Forrest Griffin won. If anything it was a draw. I personally think tito won the fight. He dominated round 1. Forrest Def won round 2. Round 3 was questionable, could have been a draw. I personally saw Tito winning round 3 due to strikes were dead even but he did have the takedown to slightly win the round. Forrest doesn't impress me at all. His stikes are sloppy. He ground game is obviosly below par at best. The only thing you can say about him is he can take a lot of punishment and he has heart. As far as a mma fighter his skills are lacking. Wait till he fights some real competition like chuck l, rasheed wallace, michael b and his days are over.
greygoose is offline  
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Oil
Bantamweight
 
Oil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 536
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose
I can't believe anyone who watched that fight would think Forrest Griffin won. If anything it was a draw. I personally think tito won the fight. He dominated round 1. Forrest Def won round 2. Round 3 was questionable, could have been a draw. I personally saw Tito winning round 3 due to strikes were dead even but he did have the takedown to slightly win the round. Forrest doesn't impress me at all. His stikes are sloppy. He ground game is obviosly below par at best. The only thing you can say about him is he can take a lot of punishment and he has heart. As far as a mma fighter his skills are lacking. Wait till he fights some real competition like chuck l, rasheed wallace, michael b and his days are over.

On that note I'd actually really like to see him face Babalu. I think it would be perfect. Babalu just lost to Chuck, Forest would most likely fight him if he wins vs Jardine. I would just like to see the limits of Forest's ground game. See if he improved his sprawl. And Babalu needs to learn how to take on heavy hitting strikers.

"You can light a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day."
OR
"You can light a man on fire and he'll be warm for a lifetime."

My Top 6
BW = Miguel Torres
LW = Tyson Griffin
WW = GSP
MW = Gegard Mousasi
LHW = Lyota Machida
HW = Fedor
Oil is offline  
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Amatuer
 
Shadow30597's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 180
 
I personally don't much like Griffin, but I still give him round 2, hands down. I tagree Griffin has heart and hard punches, but that's about it. I don't see him making it anywhere unless he starts taking ess punishment.

1. He who spares the bad injures the good

2. To compete is to live, but in order to fight you must first begin by digging two graves.

3. No good deed shall go unpunished.
Shadow30597 is offline  
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 02:09 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
rmazzuca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 97
         
Oh wow, i think it hillarious that ppl actually think forest won that fight. Give me a break, i mean he put up a great fight no question. However Tito definitely won that fight. Just look at who did more damage. Tito pretty much has no marks on his face where foret looks pretty busted up. Forest won the 2nd round no question. But tito won the first and third.

Forest put up a great fight and proved he has what it takes to hang with the top lvl fighters, but he by no means won that fight, and ppl seriously need to let it go.
rmazzuca is offline  
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 02:19 PM
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
                     
i.dont.understand.why.29-27.is.a.bad.score??forrest.nearly.left.the.octogon .in.a.bodybag.in.rd.1




Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline  
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Tim Sylvia Sucks
 
flourhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 965
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
i.dont.understand.why.29-27.is.a.bad.score??forrest.nearly.left.the.octogon .in.a.bodybag.in.rd.1
no he took his punishment and then stood up and delivered some good punches to tito's fat head and then tito got another takedown but couldnt do anything cuz forrest was doing a great job of utilizing his guard.
flourhead is offline  
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Forum OG
 
Robb2140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 3,061
                     
I'm a huge Tito fan, but every time I see that fight I feel Forrest should have won. I guess the judges felt that Forrest had to beat Tito, not just hang with him. In a close fight they usually will sway twords the more accomplished fighter, IMO.
Robb2140 is offline  
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Oil
Bantamweight
 
Oil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 536
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb2140
I'm a huge Tito fan, but every time I see that fight I feel Forrest should have won. I guess the judges felt that Forrest had to beat Tito, not just hang with him. In a close fight they usually will sway twords the more accomplished fighter, IMO.

It's an odd case. I'd love to see them fight agian to settle it. The problem with their fight was the third round. I have a sneaking suspicion that the third round was a draw and that the judges, using a biased, gave the round to Tito because, in the backs of their minds, thought that Tito did a better job of taking control of the 1st round that he won than Forest did taking control of the 2nd round to which he won.


::shrugs::...nothing anyone can do about it now....the match was over a long time ago.

"You can light a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day."
OR
"You can light a man on fire and he'll be warm for a lifetime."

My Top 6
BW = Miguel Torres
LW = Tyson Griffin
WW = GSP
MW = Gegard Mousasi
LHW = Lyota Machida
HW = Fedor
Oil is offline  
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Forum OG
 
Robb2140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 3,061
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil
It's an odd case. I'd love to see them fight agian to settle it. The problem with their fight was the third round. I have a sneaking suspicion that the third round was a draw and that the judges, using a biased, gave the round to Tito because, in the backs of their minds, thought that Tito did a better job of taking control of the 1st round that he won than Forest did taking control of the 2nd round to which he won.


::shrugs::...nothing anyone can do about it now....the match was over a long time ago.
It was a great fight none-the-less. And really could have gone either way. The first time I saw the fight I thought Tito won, but after seeing it 2 more times I think Forrest took rd 2 and 3 and should have won the descision. Tito did dominate that 1st rd.
Robb2140 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome