Nog to get the Winner of Carwin/Lesnar - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 05:34 AM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
Nog by miracle sub in round 5, 10 seconds before the bell rings.




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 02:36 AM
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
Definitely think Nog would be Lesnar's first tough challenge. Couture did GREAT against Lesnar (best so far, besides Mir's win), and Nog dominated Couture everywhere.


Now that I think about it, Nog was able to throw and take down and transition on Couture when Lesnar couldn't.
khoveraki is offline  
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 02:40 AM
Dexter Morgan
 
Intermission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,754
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Definitely think Nog would be Lesnar's first tough challenge. Couture did GREAT against Lesnar (best so far, besides Mir's win), and Nog dominated Couture everywhere.


Now that I think about it, Nog was able to throw and take down and transition on Couture when Lesnar couldn't.
Lesnar's first tough challenge? he did lose to Mir remember
Intermission is offline  
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 02:45 AM
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
Lesnar's first tough challenge? he did lose to Mir remember
Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWoods
I said in another thread that Carwin has much more devistating punches than Brock, even though Brock may be the stronger of the two. Not really because he has better technique or faster hand speed, but because his hands are smaller than Brock's. Brocks arms are like two fire hydrants, great for clubbing people with but not so great a weapon in a thrusting motion (which is what a punch basically is)

Dude... Carwin wears a 5x. Brock wears a 4x. They have to cut Carwin's gloves to make them fit. His hands are much bigger.
khoveraki is offline  
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 02:46 AM
Dexter Morgan
 
Intermission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,754
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post

Dude... Carwin wears a 5x. Brock wears a 4x. They have to cut Carwin's gloves to make them fit. His hands are much bigger.
Still don't think lesnar will have much problem with him though.
Intermission is offline  
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 02:54 AM
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
Still don't think lesnar will have much problem with him though.


Why? Because of how good he is taking down wrestlers (re: couldn't take down 240lb couture)? Or his proven knock out power (re: has terrible standup)?


I don't think it'll be an easy fight but I see Carwin hurting Lesnar and then capitalizing it with a TKO, 1st or 2nd round.
khoveraki is offline  
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 04:54 AM
Heavyweight
 
VolcomX311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 3,677
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Why? Because of how good he is taking down wrestlers (re: couldn't take down 240lb couture)? Or his proven knock out power (re: has terrible standup)?
He knocked out Couture with a less-then on the dot strike/half graze.

He made burger meat out of Mir's face with a 4 inch punch.

I'm not making the point that Brock has showed great KO power, but these examples certainly don't indicate that he's shooting blanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
I don't think it'll be an easy fight but I see Carwin hurting Lesnar and then capitalizing it with a TKO, 1st or 2nd round.
I don't see Carwin winning, but I don't see the fight being easy by any means for Brock. I'm not counting Carwin out, but I'm definitely favoring Brock.

5X hands, whatever, Carwin was also a DII champ, whereas, Brock was a DI champ and a more dominant champ at that. However, your point that Nog could hold Couture down while Brock couldn't is a sound point. I hadn't really thought of that till you enlightened that point. It's definitely something worth thinking about.

Last edited by VolcomX311; 10-05-2009 at 12:37 AM.
VolcomX311 is offline  
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 06:08 AM
official thrash metal connoisseur
 
hellholming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,247
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWoods View Post
but because his hands are smaller than Brock's.
Carwin has even bigger hands than Brock.


Fedor, Mir, Lytle, Serra, Hendo, Chuck, Minowaman, Maynard, Forrest, Hunt
Pickett, Cerrone, Matt Brown, Bisping, Weidman, Barnett, Lawler

hellholming is offline  
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 173
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Why? Because of how good he is taking down wrestlers (re: couldn't take down 240lb couture)? Or his proven knock out power (re: has terrible standup)?


I don't think it'll be an easy fight but I see Carwin hurting Lesnar and then capitalizing it with a TKO, 1st or 2nd round.
Brock took Couture down when he tried with ease, in the Couture fight Brock was working on stand-up more then wrestling, because Brock knew he could take Couture down if he wanted to. Brock's KO power, we have not seen if he has any yet. But he did drop Couture when he barely hit him behind the ear, and he dropped Mir with a light punch nothing to hard. Yes he rocked Herring but it was around the eye and not near the chin so he didn't KO Herring but did break the eye bone. Every fighter Brock has fought look bad after the fight except for the very first MMA fight Brock had. I think everyone will see Carwin bleed and get controlled. Carwin will run out of gas in SECOND round you watch.
turbohall is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome