OMG Gray 'The Muscular Bully' Maynard has herpes - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Smiley Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 458
                     
Exclamation OMG Gray 'The Muscular Bully' Maynard has herpes

http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch/gray-ma...d53146fa20c91d

Sorry If it it's been posted before. I thought it'd be an interesting view.
Smiley Face is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Bantamweight
 
evzbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 597
                     
I like Maynard. Buddy is being a douche and he takes it in stride.

And meh, cold sores aren't the worst. lawl at Tijuana story.
evzbc is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Welterweight
 
Soakked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,446
                     
40 percent of the population has herpes just FYI. So chances are you or you girl has it too
Soakked is offline  
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 12:33 PM
box
M.I.A
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wa
Posts: 2,550
                     
How does he fight in the ufc when they kick people off the show for it?

_________________________________________________

_________________________________________________
box is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Flyweight
 
King JLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 457
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
40 percent of the population has herpes just FYI. So chances are you or you girl has it too
Actually the number is closer to 85%. it's a strain of virus that produces cold sores, herpes, shingles, etc. If one of your parents had a cold sore, chances are you do too. Just not everyone gets a reaction that shows...

On a slightly different note, what extent do athletic commissions go to. I'm guessing they would prevent a fighter from geting in the ring if he was HIV positive, but what else? Didn't Aleks miss affliction because of hep-c?
King JLB is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 147
 
I thought Aleks missed Affliction because of some kind of criminal record.
silent_nick is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Abusive
 
UrbanBounca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by King JLB View Post
Actually the number is closer to 85%. it's a strain of virus that produces cold sores, herpes, shingles, etc. If one of your parents had a cold sore, chances are you do too. Just not everyone gets a reaction that shows...
That's not true, either. I recently had sex with a female, that I knew had the disease. We broke up, and I decided to see a doctor to verify whether I had it or not, and his exact response, "If you have it, you have a reaction, whether it's only once or numerous, you have a reaction." When all was said and done, I never had any reaction, and he confirmed that I didn't have the disease.

Also, females can have reactions internally, but the outward appearance may be fine.
UrbanBounca is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Bantamweight
 
morninglightmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 982
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_nick View Post
I thought Aleks missed Affliction because of some kind of criminal record.
I thought Aleks missed Affliction because he was fighting polar bears
morninglightmt is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy

 
Emericanaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hawthorn, South Wales
Posts: 2,060
Blog Entries: 1
                     
The strain of Herpes that causes cold sores is just that. A STRAIN. It's not the kind of Herpes you need to freak out about and s someone said 85% of the population has it. I do, ive always had it as far as im aware because even when i was like 12 i remember having old sores which suck ass lol.

Top 7 Favorite Fighters at the moment

1. Forrest Griffin
2. Clay Guida
3. Shane Carwin
4. Jon Fitch
5. Chuck Liddell
6. Wanderlei Silva
7. Chris Leben

Emericanaddict is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Light Heavyweight
 
Biowza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,474
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by box View Post
How does he fight in the ufc when they kick people off the show for it?
Because on the show they have to fight every 2/3 weeks or something, there's no time for it to heal. I'd imagine the UFC would give Gray some time off like they do for any other injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
This is by far the easiest and safest pick of the year in mma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
Nog's only chance is one of his miracle submissions, after taking a beating the entire fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
But its not gay if you watch it with a hot chik.
Biowza is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome