Brock Lesnar: "No comparison between me and Carwin" - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 10-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #51 (permalink)
Banned
 
Smiley Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 458
Smiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD;1016358[B
]This is also the only time he's ever fought a credible fighter and the victory wasn't very convincing.[/b] We haven't seen Carwin fight a fight longer than a couple of minutes. He was tooled and taken down easily by Gonzaga for most of that fight (so the whole wrestling equalization argument is nullified). Anyone who says that this match will end in KO is stupid. It might end up that way but the odds are as good as seeing a roundhouse to the face in this fight. This will be a grappling match once Lesnar goes in for one of his patented takedown--and I doubt someone is going to punch, a 300 pounder, instead of protecting yourself from a slam, trying to take him down.
Umm... Shane knocked him the **** out. How much more convincing do you need there? Gonzaga was out cold. It doesn't matter who was beating who, they point is, THEY LOST.

How is it stupid? Carwin has KO Power and Lesnar hits like a fright train.
Smiley Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #52 (permalink)
SSD
Flyweight
 
SSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 241
SSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-) View Post
How is it stupid? Carwin has KO Power and Lesnar hits like a fright train.
Lesnar is the most dangerous puncher when it comes to the ground and Carwin isn't very accurate (like a 10 year old kid flailing a sledgehammer). That sledgehammer could hit Lesnar cleanly but I doubt Lesnar is going to try box with Carwin. Lesnar is one of the smartest HW around now--he knows how to perfectly follow a sound game plan that will neutralize his opponent's strength (see Mir's face). Carwin's strength is a couple of punches at the right distance at the right time. Beyond that, we don't know how good Carwin will be fighting off of his back or how good he will be able to defend a takedown (he's never demonstrated any TDD).

Look, we've seen enough Lesnar at high enough competition to see that he deserves that #2/3 position among HWs in the world. We haven't see enough of Carwin to say that--yeah, he's knocked people out but so has Houston Alexander--in my mind, Carwin is the Houston Alexander of the HW divison. No question about it and if you feel otherwise, just think about what got Carwin to this place right now and think about how you initially thought Carwin could win.

Another factor is Carwin's cardio. We've seen that Lesnar can go a full 3 rounds and that he could easily go 5 rounds. We haven't seen that from Carwin. Perhaps he is the second coming of out-of-breath Coleman or maybe, he can go a round or two. Even though pro wrestling is not of concern here, Lesnar has wrestled in 60-minutes matches in the WWE (I don't watch it but I heard it on a MMA radio up here in Canada). An MMA match>>>>WWE match in terms of cardio but showing that he could go at full pace for 60 minutes at a point where he was close to 310 pounds shows that he'd tool Carwin in this department. If Carwin were to add on even a pound of muscle, he'd gas out on his way to the octagon.

All I see this match being is getting Lesnar's credibility up among long-time MMA fans--Dana takes someone who EVERYONE think will cause Lesnar problems with respect to his strength and wrestling ability. Dana uses this win and another one (Nog?) to build up the claim that Lesnar is the true #1 HW in the world. Then in the second half of 2010, Fedor is signed and we have the fight of the millenium--the one that will rival De La Hoya/Mayweather in terms of ppv buys.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #53 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
footodors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 738
footodors has much to be proud offootodors has much to be proud offootodors has much to be proud offootodors has much to be proud offootodors has much to be proud offootodors has much to be proud offootodors has much to be proud offootodors has much to be proud offootodors has much to be proud offootodors has much to be proud offootodors has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
Lesnar is the most dangerous puncher when it comes to the ground and Carwin isn't very accurate (like a 10 year old kid flailing a sledgehammer). That sledgehammer could hit Lesnar cleanly but I doubt Lesnar is going to try box with Carwin. Lesnar is one of the smartest HW around now--he knows how to perfectly follow a sound game plan that will neutralize his opponent's strength (see Mir's face). Carwin's strength is a couple of punches at the right distance at the right time. Beyond that, we don't know how good Carwin will be fighting off of his back or how good he will be able to defend a takedown (he's never demonstrated any TDD).

Look, we've seen enough Lesnar at high enough competition to see that he deserves that #2/3 position among HWs in the world. We haven't see enough of Carwin to say that--yeah, he's knocked people out but so has Houston Alexander--in my mind, Carwin is the Houston Alexander of the HW divison. No question about it and if you feel otherwise, just think about what got Carwin to this place right now and think about how you initially thought Carwin could win.

Another factor is Carwin's cardio. We've seen that Lesnar can go a full 3 rounds and that he could easily go 5 rounds. We haven't seen that from Carwin. Perhaps he is the second coming of out-of-breath Coleman or maybe, he can go a round or two. Even though pro wrestling is not of concern here, Lesnar has wrestled in 60-minutes matches in the WWE (I don't watch it but I heard it on a MMA radio up here in Canada). An MMA match>>>>WWE match in terms of cardio but showing that he could go at full pace for 60 minutes at a point where he was close to 310 pounds shows that he'd tool Carwin in this department. If Carwin were to add on even a pound of muscle, he'd gas out on his way to the octagon.

All I see this match being is getting Lesnar's credibility up among long-time MMA fans--Dana takes someone who EVERYONE think will cause Lesnar problems with respect to his strength and wrestling ability. Dana uses this win and another one (Nog?) to build up the claim that Lesnar is the true #1 HW in the world. Then in the second half of 2010, Fedor is signed and we have the fight of the millenium--the one that will rival De La Hoya/Mayweather in terms of ppv buys.
Thats what I was going to say!
__________________
I am the foremost authority on my opinion.

Florian Martial Arts Center
Background Checks

"I used to drink a lot. I still do, but I used to, too."
footodors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:55 PM   #54 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
kgilstrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 706
kgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
...Even though pro wrestling is not of concern here, Lesnar has wrestled in 60-minutes matches in the WWE (I don't watch it but I heard it on a MMA radio up here in Canada). An MMA match>>>>WWE match in terms of cardio but showing that he could go at full pace for 60 minutes at a point where he was close to 310 pounds shows that he'd tool Carwin in this department.
MMA and WWE are not even near the same thing and are completely different work outs. MMA is not choreographed nor are you assisting your opponent and using tgheir momentum to benefit your choreographed manuever. While it is extremely hard on the body being slammed for years on end, you cant compare the workout of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
If Carwin were to add on even a pound of muscle, he'd gas out on his way to the octagon.
What evidence do you have to support this argument? Sorry to call you out, but you assume to much with no proof.
kgilstrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:04 AM   #55 (permalink)
SSD
Flyweight
 
SSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 241
SSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enoughSSD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgilstrap View Post
What evidence do you have to support this argument? Sorry to call you out, but you assume to much with no proof.
I can see that he is way overbuilt for a man with his skeletal frame. Yes, his muscles are big but he looks very unnatural (not implying 'roids). Also, he has never shown to me or anyone that he can go even 3 rounds in an octagon. Third, his built is much like Coleman's on an exaggerated scale. Fourth, based on stats, Carwin is much slower and less athletic than Lesnar is--Lesnar can dance circles around Carwin with Carwin failing to EVER catch him. Therefore, I can safely assume that Lesnar will make Carwin pass out if he doesn't GNP him beforehand.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #56 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
kgilstrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 706
kgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level nowkgilstrap is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
I can see that he is way overbuilt for a man with his skeletal frame. Yes, his muscles are big but he looks very unnatural (not implying 'roids). Also, he has never shown to me or anyone that he can go even 3 rounds in an octagon. Third, his built is much like Coleman's on an exaggerated scale. Fourth, based on stats, Carwin is much slower and less athletic than Lesnar is--Lesnar can dance circles around Carwin with Carwin failing to EVER catch him. Therefore, I can safely assume that Lesnar will make Carwin pass out if he doesn't GNP him beforehand.
I was going to keep debating you on this, until I realized its pointless. What planet do yo come from to draw the conclusions and comparisons that you do?
kgilstrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #57 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: long island NY
Posts: 1,575
jcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOURMOMWASHERE View Post
On paper couture is a better wrestler, hes division 1. Carwin would man handle him though. The differnce in strength is too great. Couture is more of a LHW anyways. You brock lovers seem to like underrating carwins strength. I guess benching 600+ isn't strong enough for brock?


And to leifdog, no mir does NOT have better striking. More technical? Maybe, but his striking is still one of the worst in the division. He hasnt K.O'd anyone like carwin K.O'd gonz
The difference between Brock and Randy was Randy is a Greco-Roman wrestler which is better suited for mma and fighting out of the clinch ala dirty boxing where as Lesner is a freestyle wrestler and works best shooting in from the outside. Their totally different styles. Tank Abott benches 600 lbs also and it doesnt help him out very much! Brocks gonna take him down and Mir him, imo
jcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #58 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 173
turbohall Needs A Hugturbohall Needs A Hugturbohall Needs A Hugturbohall Needs A Hugturbohall Needs A Hugturbohall Needs A Hugturbohall Needs A Hugturbohall Needs A Hugturbohall Needs A Hugturbohall Needs A Hugturbohall Needs A Hug
What evidence do you have to support this argument? Sorry to call you out, but you assume to much with no proof.[/quote]

Watch some of Carwin's matches and you will see he is breathing hard and gassing after 2 minutes. He will not be able to go the distance in the fight. Carwin has to finish the fight in the first round or he is done. He does not have the Cardio to go more then 2 rounds. If I was Brock I would make the match go 2 to 3 rounds just so he can beat the hell out of Carwin. Carwin will end up looking like one of those guys on TUF 10 in the first 2 fights, gassed out.
turbohall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #59 (permalink)
Banned
 
Smiley Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 458
Smiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By AllSmiley Face Is Beloved By All
"Watch some of Carwin's matches and you will see he is breathing hard and gassing after 2 minutes. He will not be able to go the distance in the fight. Carwin has to finish the fight in the first round or he is done. He does not have the Cardio to go more then 2 rounds. If I was Brock I would make the match go 2 to 3 rounds just so he can beat the hell out of Carwin. Carwin will end up looking like one of those guys on TUF 10 in the first 2 fights, gassed out."


We'll see on November 21st.
Smiley Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios