Watch Anderson Silva out box a boxer in Freddie Roach's gym - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Amatuer
 
Belfort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 165
               
I really like Machida... but does every thread need to be turned into "MACHIDA IS THE BEST EVA!!~!" ??...
Belfort is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Banned
 
coldcall420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: banned
Posts: 0
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpSasquatch View Post
well im just saying the only reason he got knocked out was because he got overconfident and threw that knee, he was overwhelming fedor up untill that point from what i remember.

I certainly agree, although i'm not sure I would use the word overwhelming, he certainly had Fedor on his heels......

Many have said they believe that was simply Fedor drawing Andrei in....thats bullshit, you were seeing crisp striking and very good crisp striking at that by Andrei....

My issue was he wasnt doing anything else ven leg kicks, it was as if he went in looking for a boxing match and then out of no where decided Im a HW Uriah Faber and here comes a flying knee.......stupid!!!

However, had Fedor been exchanging, he could easily have landed on Andrei cuz Andrei never protects his chin.....it drives me crazy!!!!
coldcall420 is offline  
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 02:45 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 45
       
The way I saw it that Boxer was getting pissed and throwing shots with everything he had while Silva was just playing with him throwing lighter punches like a sparring session should be.
Op Auto is offline  
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 2,638
                     
RJJ would still tear Anderson up, but there is no doubt Anderson has the best hands in MMA imo, his distance is superb as is his timing, something very few MMA fighters are really great at with their hands and something almost every MMA fan underestimates in boxers..... the use of footwork, angles and distance is a thing of beauty to me, i love boxing aswell as MMA.
alizio is offline  
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 04:23 PM
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpSasquatch View Post
well im just saying the only reason he got knocked out was because he got overconfident and threw that knee, he was overwhelming fedor up untill that point from what i remember.
His post fight interview and then supplementary slow-motion videos implied that he was getting frustrated not being able to hit Fedor, and that's why he threw the knee. He was definitely looking good though and had the Russian on the defensive, landing blows or not.

Who was the trainer that was calling out Freddy Roach? Was it Greg Jackson?
khoveraki is offline  
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,869
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Tough to call. In the early years of Silva's career, he was 3-2. In the same early years of Machida's career, he had devastated two UFC champions and beat Bonnar way more convincingly than Forrest could. By the time Machida was champion, he had black belts in BJJ and Shotokan Karate, was a top-tier sumo wrestler, was 15-0, had never lost a round, and had easily KO'd two undefeated top 10 fighters.
.
Machida did lose a round to Sam Greco (and won via split decision in fact) but your point is still valid. Machida's resume is on par with Silva's in terms of impressiveness.
Drogo is offline  
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Live right and every other day is a good one to die.
 
shatterproof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Big Island, BC.
Posts: 1,431
                     
if anything, this really speaks to Anderson sticking with MMA. That guy was no RJJ and caught Anderson cheating quite a few times. I'm all for a MMA star crossing over and proving once and for all that MMA or boxing, it's abuot the skills and talent of the individual... but this vid doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me for Anderson to even hang with RJJ on the score cards.

they need to have a kickboxing match. hehe


shatterproof is offline  
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 07:04 PM
<= MODERATOR=>
 
Xerxes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,224
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
There's solid evidence that Silva is ducking Machida.
Really? Care to elaborate?
Xerxes is offline  
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 09:31 PM
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Really? Care to elaborate?
Silva (before the interview that JUST came out) was the only one saying he wouldn't fight Machida. Before that we knew this:

-Machida had fought his own brother, and infact left him with a scar on his face.

-Other fighters from their camp have fought eachother before, and IIRC Machida hasn't been in that camp for too long

-Machida said he was willing to defend against "anyone" if he ever got the belt, pre-UFC98.

-There were rumors of an interview wherein Silva said if he fought Machida, he would "get frustrated" and lose like most strikers Machida has faced.

-Machida never implied once he was not willing to fight Silva.

None of this is relevant though, I was wrong in thinking Silva was ducking Machida. Although I think Machida would win that fight, the interview that just came out has Machida saying they're close friends and would not fight for "5 million dollars." Camaraderie
khoveraki is offline  
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Flyweight
 
DrHouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 238
                     
I really don't understand this whole not fighting your friends thing. Isn't that the whole point of mma that it's not violent and the guys aren't trying to hurt eachother they're simply trying to win a fight, you wouldn't refrain from playing your friend at football or basketball so I don't see why you can't fight your friends. Friends yes, team mates no, I think that would get a little too complicated. Leading up to a fight you want to train everyday and seeing the guy you're going to fight isn't a great idea. But often the way these things are that team mates become friends or the other way round, either way it eliminates some interesting fights every now and again.

Favourite Fighters:

HW: Junior Dos Santos
LHW: Gegard Mousasi
MW: Anderson Silva
WW: Georges St. Pierre
LW: Kenny Florian
DrHouse is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome