Does Rampage hate other black fighters? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 10-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 802
Curly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level now
Does Rampage hate other black fighters?

Does Rampage hate other black fighters?

Remember back in the days when PRIDE was still around, Rampage and Randleman got into a pushing match at a club in Vegas I believe it was? At one of the PRIDE events Rampage was asked why he hates Randleman so badly. I don't recall the exact quote but basically Rampage said he was the first great black MMA fighter and he wanted to be the only great black MMA fighter so he was threatened by Kevin Randleman.

Now, with Rampage you can only take about 1/2 of what he says seriously, the guy's funny as hell. But I can't help but wonder if he does have some hate towards other black fighters who he thinks are taking some of his glory, some of his "blackness".

Case in point-- Rampage will throw Kevin Randleman some love now and then, but he hates the guy. I think the hate goes both ways even this many years later.

The Hate Rampage has for Rashad is epic. He tries to play it off but he gives this guy no love at all. Rashad has earned his place in MMA but Rampage thinks he's just a "boy". As a former Rashad hater its not easy for me to admit it but he's twice the person Rampage will ever be. Rampage is proving to be a bit of a bully, just like Matt Hughes. He does it with a smile, but he still thinks he's superior to others and he's a bully to those he think are less.

Am I seeing something that's not there, or do you think he might be threatened by other black fighters.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Delicious Pudding
 
D.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 10,932
D.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The Forum
Quote:
I don't recall the exact quote but basically Rampage said he was the first great black MMA fighter and he wanted to be the only great black MMA fighter so he was threatened by Kevin Randleman.
I think that makes the most sense as to why he would have hate, if any, towards other black fighters.

I don't think that's true though..
__________________


D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
ptw
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,297
ptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By All
Is this a serious question/thread...?
ptw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Poseidon72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 176
Poseidon72 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I think the idea is ludicrous but if you really wanted to make a case for it you should have included the beef between himself and Mo Lawal.
Poseidon72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,164
Blog Entries: 14
swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
I think he just wants to have more one-liners about black on black crime.
__________________

Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,053
Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
As much as I'll probably get flamed for this, I think he has a point. That's 3 black fighters (Randelman, Rashad, Lawal) that Rampage has serious beef with, and not a single black fighter that he's ever said a positive word about that I know of. Shit, besides Wanderlei I can't think of a NON-black fighter that Rampage has real problems with. And he makes race jokes like all the time.. I know it's just humor and a lotta black guys do it, but makes you wonder if he's obsessed with his race.

Maybe he's one of those guys that hate their own race, but think they themselves are superior. Seems there's a few in every race.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
DP's Queen
 
Toxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,268
Toxie is on another level nowToxie is on another level nowToxie is on another level nowToxie is on another level nowToxie is on another level nowToxie is on another level nowToxie is on another level nowToxie is on another level nowToxie is on another level nowToxie is on another level nowToxie is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Does Rampage hate other black fighters?

Remember back in the days when PRIDE was still around, Rampage and Randleman got into a pushing match at a club in Vegas I believe it was? At one of the PRIDE events Rampage was asked why he hates Randleman so badly. I don't recall the exact quote but basically Rampage said he was the first great black MMA fighter and he wanted to be the only great black MMA fighter so he was threatened by Kevin Randleman.

Now, with Rampage you can only take about 1/2 of what he says seriously, the guy's funny as hell. But I can't help but wonder if he does have some hate towards other black fighters who he thinks are taking some of his glory, some of his "blackness".

Case in point-- Rampage will throw Kevin Randleman some love now and then, but he hates the guy. I think the hate goes both ways even this many years later.

The Hate Rampage has for Rashad is epic. He tries to play it off but he gives this guy no love at all. Rashad has earned his place in MMA but Rampage thinks he's just a "boy". As a former Rashad hater its not easy for me to admit it but he's twice the person Rampage will ever be. Rampage is proving to be a bit of a bully, just like Matt Hughes. He does it with a smile, but he still thinks he's superior to others and he's a bully to those he think are less.

Am I seeing something that's not there, or do you think he might be threatened by other black fighters.
Rampage and Randleman were buddies at one point. There is a video of them in the locker room at Pride and they're joking around (I can't find it right now). With Rashad, I think it's just to create hype, perhaps part of his new "actor" persona. SMH.

Also, I think that Rampage is subconciously complexated on his race. Remember he said that he had a rough childhood and got into MMA because he "could beat white people, not go to jail for it and get paid?". Of course he says all these things in a joking manner, but they have to have some kind of personal relevance to him. Reminds me of a fat girl I know who always likes to make jokes about her fatness, but it's obvious she only does it because she hates being fat. Just my 2 cents.
__________________


Sig made by the awemazing D.P
Toxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
mohod1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 277
mohod1982 will become famous soon enoughmohod1982 will become famous soon enoughmohod1982 will become famous soon enoughmohod1982 will become famous soon enoughmohod1982 will become famous soon enoughmohod1982 will become famous soon enough
Some of you guys read too much into this shit. Its all hype...
mohod1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 802
Curly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level nowCurly is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
As much as I'll probably get flamed for this, I think he has a point.
Don't be afraid of a little flame. Any time any of us post on here (especially a topic like this that could go racial) we risk getting jacked by the crowd. It's the risk we all take for stimulating conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxie View Post
Also, I think that Rampage is subconciously complexated on his race. Remember he said that he had a rough childhood and got into MMA because he "could beat white people, not go to jail for it and get paid?". Of course he says all these things in a joking manner, but they have to have some kind of personal relevance to him. Reminds me of a fat girl I know who always likes to make jokes about her fatness, but it's obvious she only does it because she hates being fat. Just my 2 cents.
Yep, its like when politicians joke about crooked politicians.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 629
sk double i Needs A Hugsk double i Needs A Hugsk double i Needs A Hugsk double i Needs A Hugsk double i Needs A Hugsk double i Needs A Hugsk double i Needs A Hugsk double i Needs A Hugsk double i Needs A Hugsk double i Needs A Hugsk double i Needs A Hug
I brought this up once a looooong time ago but I didnt get any positive feedback. I too believe rampage does not like other black fighters. It's not hard to believe. I know people who like to be the only minority in groups when we hang out and feel threatened if there are others around. Asians esp do this.

Rampage hated randleman and eastman...now Rashad and Lawal. There were a couple others that I forget about.
sk double i is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios