Not sure if someone has posted this already but:
UFC 106 is officially cursed. Already dealing with slow ticket sales, the Nov. 21 event in Las Vegas has lost it's biggest drawing card Brock Lesnar. According to Yahoo! Sports' Kevin Iole, Lesnar is suffering from a bout with the flu and had to pull out. Earlier this month, Mark Coleman had to bail from the card and his fight against Tito Ortiz. UFC hit a home run tabbing Forrest Griffin to face Ortiz. Can they do it again?
UFC has to make every effort to keep Carwin on the card. He's gained some great traction on the web via Twitter and videos. Who are the top options to fill in?
1. Cain Velasquez - The UFC can ask, but it's pretty crazy for Velasquez to turn around in less than three weeks, potentially blowing his title shot by losing to Carwin.
2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira - Big Nog wants a shot at the title, make him go through Carwin. The same goes for Carwin. This would be a tremendous stylistic matchup.
3. Junior Dos Santos - It's short notice but the young Brazilian should jump at it. A win would get him right in there with Lesnar. He's scheduled to fight in January against Gabriel Gonzaga.
4. Frank Mir - Mir just left Ken Hahn and Striking Unlimited. One would assume he's actively training as we speak. But does he want to matchup against another huge wrestler?
5. Andrei Arlovski - This seems crazy but Arlovski is still a fan favorite and a guy capable of beating top heavyweights. He's training in stints with Greg Jackson and tabled the boxing nonsense. Why not?
UPDATE: Carwin tweeted at 4:50 p.m. ET that fight is rescheduled for Jan. 2. If that's true it leaves a huge hole on this card. The UFC needs to stack this card without Lesnar and Carwin on it.