Lesnar Improving? Or no. - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Abusive
 
UrbanBounca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
And how many of them beat the champion in there respective divisions? Come on I want an answer...
UrbanBounca is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
To Toxic: Who did Sapp beat? He beat Ernesto Hoost TWICE. He pounded mercilessly on Nog until he got submitted in his third match ever. Who does that sound like?

Soko beat Lil Nog and Ricardo Arona in a row. Tito held the LHW belt for the longest time in UFC History and looked unbeatable. How do they look now?

Don't pretend for a second that Lesnar's career thus far doesn't remind you of Sapp, Tito, etc.

I had the rest of this typed but my internet lost it so I'll paraphrase

Lesnar's realistic wrestling background: Hasn't been involved in a wrestling tournament that was non-professional in a DECADE. Couldn't outgrapple Couture with a 50lb weight advantage. Hasn't faced any other wrestlers.

Someone said I hate Lesnar, I hate Lesnar because of his fans. At least Tito's fans knew they were wrong deep down. I don't mind watching Lesnar even when he's playing the heel.


I'll try to track down the rest of my post.

Last edited by khoveraki; 11-08-2009 at 11:44 PM.
khoveraki is offline  
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 173
                     
I like Brock and I like Fedor, I think Brock would have done better then Rogers did last night. Brock is powerful and can take some punches too. Once he is not sick anymore, you will see when he fights Carwin. Brock will put Carwin to rest and then after that if you don't think he is good then you never will.
turbohall is offline  
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohall View Post
I like Brock and I like Fedor, I think Brock would have done better then Rogers did last night. Brock is powerful and can take some punches too. Once he is not sick anymore, you will see when he fights Carwin. Brock will put Carwin to rest and then after that if you don't think he is good then you never will.
Whoooaaaa buddy, save that stuff for another time.

Seriously that's a can of worms in an already contraversal thread.
khoveraki is offline  
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Flyweight
 
FredFish1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 375
                     
Why are u comparing him to sapp/tito? I'm lost.

Is he improving? Well seeing as he lost the first fight to Mir, then beat him in the rematch and took the HW belt in the process. Yeah, I'd say he's improving. He beat two tough top 10 fighters, convincingly.

Couture never out-grappled him, go back and watch the fight. Sure, Randy could manuvere a bit, but Brock had control of that fight. He pushed him up against the fence and finished him.
Against Mir, he didn't just utilize wrist control. He used his whole body very effectively, he kept patient, picked his shots and kept his hips and body pressed against Mir, giving him no room to breath or actively look for a sub. Smart strategy, planned well.

He's improving, but it's just hard to really pick one moment where he improved. It's MMA, anything can happen, you have to be ready to adapt to it. No one could train MMA as much as he did, and not improve at all.

I probably was being sarcastic in the above post. I think you should flame me for it.
FredFish1 is offline  
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Abusive
 
UrbanBounca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
To Toxic: Who did Sapp beat? He beat Ernesto Hoost TWICE. He pounded mercilessly on Nog until he got submitted in his third match ever. Who does that sound like?

Soko beat Lil Nog and Ricardo Arona in a row. Tito held the LHW belt for the longest time in UFC History and looked unbeatable. How do they look now?

Don't pretend for a second that Lesnar's career thus far doesn't remind you of Sapp, Tito, etc.

I had the rest of this typed but my internet lost it so I'll paraphrase

Lesnar's realistic wrestling background: Hasn't been involved in a wrestling tournament that was non-professional in a DECADE. Couldn't outgrapple Couture with a 50lb weight advantage. Hasn't faced any other wrestlers.

Someone said I hate Lesnar, I hate Lesnar because of his fans. At least Tito's fans knew they were wrong deep down. I don't mind watching Lesnar even when he's playing the heel.


I'll try to track down the rest of my post.
I'm done. Your blatantly obvious hate for Lesnar is really pushing this thread over the edge. You keep trying to prove that he's not legitimate, but all in all, Lesnar is the current UFC HW Champion. Does he deserve it? It doesn't matter what you think, he has it. He has fought, and defeated, everyone they've thrown infront of him since his debut loss to Mir, and he still can't catch a break.
UrbanBounca is offline  
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
I'm done. Your blatantly obvious hate for Lesnar is really pushing this thread over the edge. You keep trying to prove that he's not legitimate, but all in all, Lesnar is the current UFC HW Champion. Does he deserve it? It doesn't matter what you think, he has it. He has fought, and defeated, everyone they've thrown infront of him since his debut loss to Mir, and he still can't catch a break.
This thread is about his fans thinking he's invincible and improving at an unprecedented rate. History shows us that this is not the case, and he is not the first of his kind.


Do you not agree? Does he not resemble Sapp's early career? Or Tito's? Sapp didn't have millions of UFC dollars backing him, of course, or the fame from professional wrestling.

I guess you're just on the train of people who think Lesnar will ground and pound everyone he's ever going to face?
khoveraki is offline  
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Abusive
 
UrbanBounca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
This thread is about his fans thinking he's invincible and improving at an unprecedented rate. History shows us that this is not the case, and he is not the first of his kind.


Do you not agree? Does he not resemble Sapp's early career? Or Tito's? Sapp didn't have millions of UFC dollars backing him, of course, or the fame from professional wrestling.

I guess you're just on the train of people who think Lesnar will ground and pound everyone he's ever going to face?
What? I stopped reading when you compared Brock Lesnar to Bob Sapp.
UrbanBounca is offline  
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 12:01 AM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Lesnar's realistic wrestling background: Hasn't been involved in a wrestling tournament that was non-professional in a DECADE. Couldn't outgrapple Couture with a 50lb weight advantage. Hasn't faced any other wrestlers.

Someone said I hate Lesnar, I hate Lesnar because of his fans. At least Tito's fans knew they were wrong deep down. I don't mind watching Lesnar even when he's playing the heel.


I'll try to track down the rest of my post.
Could you please go watch the Couture/Lesnar fight and please pinpoint the time when Lesnar fails to out grapple Randy for gods sake he took Randy down in the clinch, he took an Olympic alternate down in the clinch, he also managed to reverse a takedown attempt by Randy into a throw and thats all in the first 3 minutes of the fight, Brock is almost constantly in control for the first round, when does the part start when Brock isnt out grappling Randy?




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Cheers.
 
vandalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,341
                     
Lesnar has looked better with every fight. I don't know how that isn't obvious.
vandalian is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome