Forrest Griffin says he won't quit on himself and is excited to fight Tito Ortiz - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 11-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 92
bbfsluva is an unknown quantity at this pointbbfsluva is an unknown quantity at this point
i like tito. i don't know who'll win the fight, but at least after it's over, you'll have 2 entertaining guys to interview. damn, i just saw a bunch of the really old ufc vids, and there was tito at about 21 or so whipping one of ken shamrock's boys and flipping him birds. lol. even back then he liked pulling shamrock's balls.
bbfsluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,164
Blog Entries: 14
swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
I'm hoping for some hilarious smack talk to hype the fight.

I'd really love to see Forrest get a win, particularly by TKO in this case.
__________________

Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nor*Cal
Posts: 217
Chewy is a splendid one to beholdChewy is a splendid one to beholdChewy is a splendid one to beholdChewy is a splendid one to beholdChewy is a splendid one to beholdChewy is a splendid one to beholdChewy is a splendid one to beholdChewy is a splendid one to beholdChewy is a splendid one to beholdChewy is a splendid one to beholdChewy is a splendid one to behold
WAR Forrest!!
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
khoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
I'm hoping for some hilarious smack talk to hype the fight.

I'd really love to see Forrest get a win, particularly by TKO in this case.
Yeah definitely. If this goes to decision, with either of them as the victor really, I'll no longer be a Forrest fan.


LHW is a finishing weight, if Forrest can't figure out how to finish maybe he should move down or something.
khoveraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 2,638
alizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Yeah definitely. If this goes to decision, with either of them as the victor really, I'll no longer be a Forrest fan.


LHW is a finishing weight, if Forrest can't figure out how to finish maybe he should move down or something.
He finished 10 of 16 fights (you count subs as finishes?). More finishes then Machida has, should he move down too?? He has also faced tougher competition then Machida imo. You really a Forrest fan because you are really putting him down, he is a massive LHW how could he move down?? Its either LHW or HW or retire.
alizio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
khoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizio View Post
He finished 10 of 16 fights (you count subs as finishes?). More finishes then Machida has, should he move down too?? He has also faced tougher competition then Machida imo. You really a Forrest fan because you are really putting him down, he is a massive LHW how could he move down?? Its either LHW or HW or retire.
Machida has started to try to finish, but I agree that he needs to try harder.

Forrest is different in one sense, he doesn't TRY to finish a lot of the time. Sometimes his game plan doesn't even seem to include it. And he's not a dynamic enough striker (unlike Machida, unlike Shogun, unlike Silva) to keep it standing without finishing for 3-5 rounds and still be really exciting.

Since 2006, he's won four times and three were decisions. He also lost once be decision.
khoveraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,164
Blog Entries: 14
swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Machida has started to try to finish, but I agree that he needs to try harder.

Forrest is different in one sense, he doesn't TRY to finish a lot of the time. Sometimes his game plan doesn't even seem to include it. And he's not a dynamic enough striker (unlike Machida, unlike Shogun, unlike Silva) to keep it standing without finishing for 3-5 rounds and still be really exciting.

Since 2006, he's won four times and three were decisions. He also lost once be decision.
I realize Forrest does not hit hard for his size, but I'd love to see a overhand right KO by him.
__________________

Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
khoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
I realize Forrest does not hit hard for his size, but I'd love to see a overhand right KO by him.
YES!

IMO his frame is great for Crocop-esque headkicks.
khoveraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 188
flexor has a spectacular aura aboutflexor has a spectacular aura aboutflexor has a spectacular aura aboutflexor has a spectacular aura aboutflexor has a spectacular aura aboutflexor has a spectacular aura aboutflexor has a spectacular aura aboutflexor has a spectacular aura aboutflexor has a spectacular aura aboutflexor has a spectacular aura aboutflexor has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizio View Post
Franklin is one of the most underrated fighters in the UFC atm, literally only lost to legends and champions, he is GREAT at many things (high/low combos, clinch, footwork, head movement) and really good at almost everything, about as well rounded as any MW and still a top 5 MW imo (and i think he BEAT Dan Henderson) he may be the number 1 or 2 if he went back and i would welcome a rematch with Vitor.

Forrest isnt near the skill of Rich, in anything, jmo

Tito is gonna win
Props on the Franklin breakdown.

And I hope we see Tito on the start of a Couture-esque run. I really appreciate what he's done for the sport..

Shed the red Al
flexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
Mjr
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 540
Mjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizio View Post
Franklin is one of the most underrated fighters in the UFC atm, literally only lost to legends and champions, he is GREAT at many things (high/low combos, clinch, footwork, head movement) and really good at almost everything, about as well rounded as any MW and still a top 5 MW imo (and i think he BEAT Dan Henderson) he may be the number 1 or 2 if he went back and i would welcome a rematch with Vitor.

Forrest isnt near the skill of Rich, in anything, jmo
Yep, I really like Franklin, He is very well rounded and he has a skill-set that works really well in the octagon. He may not look as flashy as some other guys, but he is efficient and always comes ready to fight.

As for Forrest, I think people are not giving him enough credit. I agree with you guys(and also himself) that he isn't the most talented fighter, but he has defeated some top class opponents just with a great work ethic and doing what works. I have no problem watching Forrest pushing a decision you can't really class him as a boring fighter.

I think Forrest is going to outwork Tito, Tito has been out a long time, It will take a few fights to get back into the swing of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg
I realize Forrest does not hit hard for his size, but I'd love to see a overhand right KO by him.
haha, this is almost a given whenever Tito is involved!
Mjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios