UFC 108. What a card!! - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 75
                     
UFC 108. What a card!!

I cant help but think this card is one of the best since UFC 100.

Its a brilliant card.

Cant wait to see Nog vs Velasquez.

Silva vs Rashad will be incredible and i cant predict a winner in that fight.

And then Dos Santos vs Gonzaga!!!

Plus i cant wait to see Paul Daley fight again.

What a card!!
Big Nasty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Shogun=LHW Champ
 
ThaFranchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 719
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nasty View Post
I cant help but think this card is one of the best since UFC 100.

Its a brilliant card.

Cant wait to see Nog vs Velasquez.

Silva vs Rashad will be incredible and i cant predict a winner in that fight.

And then Dos Santos vs Gonzaga!!!

Plus i cant wait to see Paul Daley fight again.

What a card!!
Sarcasm? Cuz I was about to make a thread about how shitty this card is lol

ThaFranchise is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 75
                     
Not sarcasm at all.

I think its an incredible card


Why u think its shit?
Big Nasty is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Shogun=LHW Champ
 
ThaFranchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 719
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nasty View Post
Not sarcasm at all.

I think its an incredible card


Why u think its shit?
Because its the New Years event and it doesnt even have a fight thats worthy of a main event, if they still had Anderson vs Belfort I'd be on board, but this is a pretty poor offering from the UFC.

ThaFranchise is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,225
                     
The UFC really needs two things to happen ASAP:

1. Injured/Leaving fighters need to come back. For example: Anderson Silva, GSP, Machida, Rampage, etc.
2. New fighters with talent need to come in

Once these things happen, they can stop putting out such mediocre and unexciting cards.
Dtwizzy2k5 is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,326
                     
Ufc can't really do anything to make this an over the top event like they probably want to.

Lesnar is sick
Shogun and Machida just fought and need time to recover
Anderson is recovering from surgery
GSP is recovered now but there isn't anyone worth him wasting time on
Penn is fighting at 107

Because of that there are no title fights. I think this is a good card but obviously not an all out event like some were expecting. Nog vs Cain is definitely a main event quality fight though.
420atalon is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
Judoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,379
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFranchise View Post
Sarcasm? Cuz I was about to make a thread about how shitty this card is lol
SERIOUSLY!?!?!?

This card is awesome, just because there isn't a title fight does not mean it will be weak or mediocre.

I predict this card will be awesome and be one of the best, if not the best in the last year or two.

While it doesn't have a title fight(which I really don't care if a card does or doesn't) it has practically all fights worthy of main card status.


Judoka is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:30 PM
<= MODERATOR=>
 
Xerxes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,224
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420atalon View Post
Ufc can't really do anything to make this an over the top event like they probably want to.

Lesnar is sick
Shogun and Machida just fought and need time to recover
Anderson is recovering from surgery
GSP is recovered now but there isn't anyone worth him wasting time on
Penn is fighting at 107

Because of that there are no title fights. I think this is a good card but obviously not an all out event like some were expecting. Nog vs Cain is definitely a main event quality fight though.
All of this.

Title fights or not, most of them are interesting and intriguing match ups imo.

That's all that matters to me as a fight fan.
Xerxes is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 252
                     
This card looks awesome to me. I am very much looking forward to it.
TALENT is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 75
                     
im glad the majority of people agree with me.


Its an awesome card!
Big Nasty is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome