Corey Hll - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 525
                     
The reason that happened is cuz he is what, 6'2", 6'3", and 155. He has no muscle anywhere on his body, so as long as he decides to fight at 155, he will break alot of bones. He needs to powerlift for at least 2 hours a day, everyday and comeback as either a welterweight or middleweight if he plans on making a career in MMA. With his current physique, any leg kick, thrown by or landed on Corey Hill's birdleg can break it right in half.
munkie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 07:22 PM
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkie View Post
The reason that happened is cuz he is what, 6'2", 6'3", and 155. He has no muscle anywhere on his body, so as long as he decides to fight at 155, he will break alot of bones. He needs to powerlift for at least 2 hours a day, everyday and comeback as either a welterweight or middleweight if he plans on making a career in MMA. With his current physique, any leg kick, thrown by or landed on Corey Hill's birdleg can break it right in half.
That seems like it would make sense...but it's not certain that is the case. You don't need bulky muscles to be strong if that's what you're implying. And I don't think muscle mass has anything to do with bone density. I am super lean and have been all my life, been a skateboarder for 10 years now. Did Judo, Aikido, and Kickboxing from age 8-18. Never broke a bone in my 23 years of life. I think Corey just should have drank more milk as a kid. That and for a bone to break that easily he probably already had a hairline fracture in it prior to the break.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 08:08 PM
To the death George
 
DJ Syko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sunderland, UK
Posts: 2,306
                     
i like corey, very game fighter, he makes me think that he could be the only guy in the UFC who could be a 5 weight world champion lol

DJ Syko is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 08:31 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 38
   
Now that i've read this thread, I can't get the image of his nasty leg break outta my head.
MedicWanteD is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Megaweight
 
CornbreadBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,569
                     
Last I heard he's gotten very tall and thin and has brittle bones...



CornbreadBB is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Godless Heathen
 
Rygu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Langley, B.C.
Posts: 4,099
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU View Post
That seems like it would make sense...but it's not certain that is the case. You don't need bulky muscles to be strong if that's what you're implying. And I don't think muscle mass has anything to do with bone density. I am super lean and have been all my life, been a skateboarder for 10 years now. Did Judo, Aikido, and Kickboxing from age 8-18. Never broke a bone in my 23 years of life. I think Corey just should have drank more milk as a kid. That and for a bone to break that easily he probably already had a hairline fracture in it prior to the break.
I agree with the milk comment. My mom made me drink as least 1 glass a day since i was very young. I played soccer, baseball, football, and rugby and never broke a bone.

Early this year i was going down stairs at work 3 at a time...the last set of 3 i landed sideways on my foot, heard a crack but yet it was just badly swollen and i was walking on pain-free within a week. I thought for sure it was broken, i went pale and was surprised i could still move it.

Corey needs some milk.
Rygu is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 09:55 PM
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rygu View Post
I agree with the milk comment. My mom made me drink as least 1 glass a day since i was very young. I played soccer, baseball, football, and rugby and never broke a bone.

Early this year i was going down stairs at work 3 at a time...the last set of 3 i landed sideways on my foot, heard a crack but yet it was just badly swollen and i was walking on pain-free within a week. I thought for sure it was broken, i went pale and was surprised i could still move it.

Corey needs some milk.
Yup same here. I've always drank loads of milk and still do. It's good stuff. I've sprained my ankles literally over a dozen times a piece from skateboarding and martial arts. Still no bone injuries though. Milk, it does a body good
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome