MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   When? (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/6607-when.html)

ColossalCanadian 12-24-2006 02:55 PM

When?
 
In the bloody hell is UFC gonna get their shit together and start broadcasting AT LEAST PPV's in HD? It would make the events soooo much more watchable and I wouldnt think it would cost a WHOLE lot more...It needs to be done if the UFC wants to be taken more seriously1

JWangSDC 12-24-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColossalCanadian
In the bloody hell is UFC gonna get their shit together and start broadcasting AT LEAST PPV's in HD? It would make the events soooo much more watchable and I wouldnt think it would cost a WHOLE lot more...It needs to be done if the UFC wants to be taken more seriously1


Is boxing even in HD? And I think HD actually DOES cost a WHOLE lot more. I remember reading that when I was trying to get more HD porn.

But yea I agree with you, I love 720p.

ColossalCanadian 12-24-2006 03:43 PM

I dont know aboot some PPVs but I know I've seen HBO boxin in HD from time to time

IDL 12-24-2006 04:19 PM

I think it has to do with the channel as well. I don't think there are ANY high def PPV channels. Even movies on pay channels aren't high def even though they were filmed in HD.

I doubt it costs much more to actually film in HD.

ROCKBASS03 12-24-2006 10:17 PM

That is freaking hilarious. Some guy whining about seeing fights in HD. Good god, if the picture on your TV is so bad you need HD, buy a new one. There is no need for HD on a PPV. Do you really need to see the blood any clearer than you already do? To think a man or men would be complaining about HD fights, and even saying they need them to be taken more seriously:laugh:

ColossalCanadian 12-24-2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCKBASS03
That is freaking hilarious. Some guy whining about seeing fights in HD. Good god, if the picture on your TV is so bad you need HD, buy a new one. There is no need for HD on a PPV. Do you really need to see the blood any clearer than you already do? To think a man or men would be complaining about HD fights, and even saying they need them to be taken more seriously:laugh:

obviously you've never seen sports in HD, its not that its not clear, its just the picture quality is sooo much better. My TV is fine, but if im gonna be dropping 40$ on a PPV I dont see why it can't be in HD and I fully utilize my TV and the service. What I was saying about UFC needs HD to be taken more seriously is just a fact. Every other major sport in this country is broadcast in HD and I think while it wouldn't increase the revenue of the sport by that much it just adds to its credibility.

IDL 12-24-2006 11:23 PM

I'd love to see it in HD, but I just don't think it's the UFC's fault seeing as how the carrier is not a HD channel.

ColossalCanadian 12-24-2006 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDL
I'd love to see it in HD, but I just don't think it's the UFC's fault seeing as how the carrier is not a HD channel.


no no, maybe im being misunderstood, I dont believe it is the UFC's fault, but it should definatley be pushing(and maybe are) for its ppvs to be broadcast in HD

IDL 12-24-2006 11:42 PM

Do you know of other PPV's broadcast in HD? There very well could some be but I haven't seen one.

moldy 12-24-2006 11:52 PM

Why would you possibly need hd. I see no reason for it. hd in general is rediculous. If you want that good of a pic go see it live.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2