MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Fighters you were really impressed with Saturday? (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/66295-fighters-you-were-really-impressed-saturday.html)

TraMaI 11-23-2009 10:52 AM

Fighters you were really impressed with Saturday?
 
I was impressed by quite a few fighters on Saturday night myself and I'm just wondering if anyone else was.

Brian Foster - To be honest I hadn't the slightest idea of who he was before this fight. I knew who Brock was, but not Brian. Honestly this kid brought it to Brock and beat him handily and Brock is a really tough dude. Looking forward to seeing Brian fight again soon.

Lil' Nog! - First off, I was damn excited to see him in the UFC. Second, he destroyed Cane and that's not an easy task. Cane was a true up and comer in the weight class and I put him right up with Cain and Carwin, a really dangerous fight for Lil' Nog's debut. Far better boxing than his bigger brother, hell of a chin too and he's showed some great power. Very excited for him to be fighting in the UFC

Amir Saddolah - I've liked Amir since he put CB away with that second armbar. He seems to be acclimating very well to MMA from being a pure striker, so much so that we really haven't seen much of his striking yet. His fight against Baroni was nothing short of a clinic. Beautiful strikes all around, fantastic angles and great combinations being put together. I realize Baroni was gassed completely by the third, but the dude is still dangerous and Amir really showed what he's made of. Happy Amir is finally coming to his own.

Ben Saunders - I've been a fan of Ben since he was on tough, he reminds me of the guy who trained me a lot. I'm also a huge fan of Marcus Davis, but to see Ben get that kind of stoppage and bully Marcus around like that was awesome.

Thoughts? Anyone else you were really impressed by?

AlphaDawg 11-23-2009 10:59 AM

Lil Nog. Put away someone like Luiz Cane quite easily, can't wait to see what he offers in the future. Not sure why he wasn't in the UFC earlier.

Ben Saunders- I have NEVER seen Marcus Davis dominated like that and he has faced some incredibly tough guys. Not to mention the fact he got KTFO. I bet this match just shot him up to main card status.

I'd say Amir Saddollah but Phil Baroni put on such an awful peformance that I could say Kalib Starnes could have beaten him even with his running man method.

On a side note, I was incredibly dissappointed in Tito Ortiz. If anyone watched him in the countdown, he said he became a lot better than when he fought him the first time but I literally saw no difference. If anything, I saw flaws. His cardio/strike defense/takedowns got incredibly worse. After that performance, I don't see him winning ever again in the UFC.

hellholming 11-23-2009 11:14 AM

Lil Nog for sure. He looked very, very impressive.

Fight4Christ 11-23-2009 11:23 AM

I would definitely say Ben Saunders for me. I'm a huge Marcus Davis fan and I have never seen him get dominated like that. I knew it'd be a tough fight, but in no way did I exect him to destry Davis like he did. Kudos to him.

enceledus 11-23-2009 11:26 AM

did no one else think that Kos was pretty impressive?

NavyChief 11-23-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fight4Christ (Post 1051074)
I would definitely say Ben Saunders for me. I'm a huge Marcus Davis fan and I have never seen him get dominated like that. I knew it'd be a tough fight, but in no way did I exect him to destry Davis like he did. Kudos to him.

What he said.

Plus: Amir. Great fight.
Plus: Kos. I loved him calling out Dan Hardy like that. I also thought Hardy doing the "boo hoo teary eye" thing was hilarious. That would be a pretty good fight.

BlacklistShaun 11-23-2009 11:42 AM

I was impressed with little Nog as well. He definatively put down someone who was supposed to be moving into the higher regions of the division...did it with ease.

Can't say that I was impressed with Amir. No matter how that fight would have went he was still fighting Phil and Phil isn't that good. Not to mention the fact that besides him not being good he put on a horrible showing.

Wasn't impressed with Tito, he looked like crap IMO. When he loses the first thing he does is make excuses once again. Props to Forrest for actually coming to the aid of a fellow fighter who was making excuses for losing to him...class act.

I thought George looked good with his ground game; although like most 10th planet guys I've rolled with they tend to go for flashy stuff instead of taking the easy stuff that's right in front of them, which can be a hindrance.

Darkwraith 11-23-2009 11:53 AM

Saunders' knees - WOW!, Grove with that slick triangle, Amir was amazing to watch and lil Nog with that quick knockout...and I was also impressed with Tito once again making up an excuse on the fly like that! :thumbsup:

enceledus 11-23-2009 12:15 PM

watch this video, and tell me if it doesn't in some way remind you of Tito after his loss to Forrest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw47gXsDwjw

Redrum 11-23-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraMaI (Post 1051036)
I was impressed by quite a few fighters on Saturday night myself and I'm just wondering if anyone else was.

Brian Foster - To be honest I hadn't the slightest idea of who he was before this fight. I knew who Brock was, but not Brian. Honestly this kid brought it to Brock and beat him handily and Brock is a really tough dude. Looking forward to seeing Brian fight again soon.

Lil' Nog! - First off, I was damn excited to see him in the UFC. Second, he destroyed Cane and that's not an easy task. Cane was a true up and comer in the weight class and I put him right up with Cain and Carwin, a really dangerous fight for Lil' Nog's debut. Far better boxing than his bigger brother, hell of a chin too and he's showed some great power. Very excited for him to be fighting in the UFC

Amir Saddolah - I've liked Amir since he put CB away with that second armbar. He seems to be acclimating very well to MMA from being a pure striker, so much so that we really haven't seen much of his striking yet. His fight against Baroni was nothing short of a clinic. Beautiful strikes all around, fantastic angles and great combinations being put together. I realize Baroni was gassed completely by the third, but the dude is still dangerous and Amir really showed what he's made of. Happy Amir is finally coming to his own.

Ben Saunders - I've been a fan of Ben since he was on tough, he reminds me of the guy who trained me a lot. I'm also a huge fan of Marcus Davis, but to see Ben get that kind of stoppage and bully Marcus around like that was awesome.

Thoughts? Anyone else you were really impressed by?

I will agree with all of these, although I can't recall the foster fight so well. This was my firts time seeing Lil' Nog, and damn is that dude impressive. I can't wait to see more.

Amir Sodallah blew me away. I was not expecting him to win in that manner in any way. He made such great use of push kicks, and pretty much made Baroni look like a stumbling drunk as usual.

Ben Saunders looks like he was built specifically for Muay Thai. The dude is huge, but also with extra long arms and legs. I did not expect at all for him to do what he did to Davis. It's cool how some of these random guys from various TUF shows grow into talented fighters capable of beating fighters with already established names.

Quote:

Originally Posted by enceledus (Post 1051078)
did no one else think that Kos was pretty impressive?

Yep, I like Kos, the dude rarely disappoints. The fans didn't seem to like him, and he didn't seem to like them either. His post fight interview was pretty funny.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2