White prepared to call M-1 Global's bluff of free Lesnar vs. Emelianenko bout - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 107 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
How can you judge Dana White's competency as a 'president of a multi-million dollar company' on his use of language? Limp-wrists don't make it in buisness, and most of the richest men in the world are also some of the nastiest. Why disect the buisness aspects of the UFC when, at the end of the day, it's the best in it's niche and Dana gives people the fights they want to see?
Dana has an exemplary function! He should stop acting like a 13 year old boy who discovers the words f.uck and ass.hole. It's ridiculos to use such an offensive language when you are the boss of such a big company. Grow up Dana plz
BobbyCooper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 107 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Abusive
 
UrbanBounca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
I consider him a huge Star at the moment! He's very well known after his Babalu fight. Probably the second most well known fighter who isn't signed by the UFC.
That couldn't be any further from the truth.

- Babalu
- Frank Shamrock
- Bas Rutten
- Tim Sylvia
- "Mayhem" Miller
- Brett Rogers

Gegard Mousasi is still a nobody in the U.S.
UrbanBounca is offline  
post #13 of 107 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 02:33 PM
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,110
                     
Quote:
Dana has an exemplary function! He should stop acting like a 13 year old boy who discovers the words f.uck and ass.hole. It's ridiculos to use such an offensive language when you are the boss of such a big company. Grow up Dana plz
Well he's a bloke, it's up to him if he swears or not. If someone got offended I'm sure he'd be quick to say sorry..? It's really quite a trivial thing, a habit. The grown up thing to do is just ignore it if you don't like it!
SM33 is offline  
post #14 of 107 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
A nobody really
Ups must be because i am from Europe^^

But everybody who know's a littel bit about MMA should know Mousasi.
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #15 of 107 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 02:55 PM
DP's Queen
 
Toxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,268
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
How can you judge Dana White's competency as a 'president of a multi-million dollar company' on his use of language? Limp-wrists don't make it in buisness, and most of the richest men in the world are also some of the nastiest. Why disect the buisness aspects of the UFC when, at the end of the day, it's the best in it's niche and Dana gives people the fights they want to see?
Cursing every 2 seconds is a highly uneducated way to express yourself. Many media outlets I'm sure are reluctant to take live interviews of him because of his language. The only thing it proves is that he has no control of himself. Bad for business and image of the company much?

Oh and the nastier ones are the quiet ones, whose next moves you cannot predict therefore counter. Dana is a clown for acting like that.

It's only the best in its niche because it has a certain monopoly on the sport.



Sig made by the awemazing D.P
Toxie is offline  
post #16 of 107 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
joshua7789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,322
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxie View Post
Cursing every 2 seconds is a highly uneducated way to express yourself. Many media outlets I'm sure are reluctant to take live interviews of him because of his language. The only thing it proves is that he has no control of himself. Bad for business and image of the company much?

Oh and the nastier ones are the quiet ones, whose next moves you cannot predict therefore counter. Dana is a clown for acting like that.

It's only the best in its niche because it has a certain monopoly on the sport.
Swearing does not indicate that someone is uneducated. Its a personal choice that has nothing to do with intelligence.
joshua7789 is offline  
post #17 of 107 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Abusive
 
UrbanBounca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxie View Post
Cursing every 2 seconds is a highly uneducated way to express yourself. Many media outlets I'm sure are reluctant to take live interviews of him because of his language. The only thing it proves is that he has no control of himself. Bad for business and image of the company much?

Oh and the nastier ones are the quiet ones, whose next moves you cannot predict therefore counter. Dana is a clown for acting like that.

It's only the best in its niche because it has a certain monopoly on the sport.
Dana White turned a failing company into a billion dollar company, and has had bad language the entire time.

Monopoly? It's not White's fault that other MMA promotions aren't smart with their money, and only think about the next fight, as opposed to their company future. Affliction is the perfect example, in that they paid out too much to Fedor and Showtime, only for the fight never to happen.
UrbanBounca is offline  
post #18 of 107 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 03:09 PM
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
Dana White turned a failing company into a billion dollar company, and has had bad language the entire time.

Monopoly? It's not White's fault that other MMA promotions aren't smart with their money, and only think about the next fight, as opposed to their company future. Affliction is the perfect example, in that they paid out too much to Fedor and Showtime, only for the fight never to happen.
Well technically he turned a failing company into a failing company, then Forrest vs Bonnar turned it into a successful company with DW's assistance.

DW definitely comes off as a tool, but it's not his swearing that is the least professional of his attributes. It's how he has ZERO stock in his own word. Zero stock.

"Dan Henderson, I promise he signed with SF 1000%"

"Brock Lesnar may never fight again"

"Tito will never fight in the UFC again"

"Anyone involved with the EA game will never fight in the UFC"

AND MY FAVORITE:

"I have a huge announcement to make this weekend that will blow your mind/change the sport/etc." Then it ends up being that Coleman resigned or that they might have an event in China someday or something. Ugh.
khoveraki is offline  
post #19 of 107 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 03:12 PM
DP's Queen
 
Toxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,268
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua7789 View Post
Swearing does not indicate that someone is uneducated. Its a personal choice that has nothing to do with intelligence.
I didn't say White was uneducated, I said his way of expressing himself is uneducated. Swearing is so uneccessary in this case. Can't he get his ideas across without dropping bombs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
Dana White turned a failing company into a billion dollar company, and has had bad language the entire time.

Monopoly? It's not White's fault that other MMA promotions aren't smart with their money, and only think about the next fight, as opposed to their company future. Affliction is the perfect example, in that they paid out too much to Fedor and Showtime, only for the fight never to happen.
He did, but I don't agree with certain moves he's made lately.

It is White's fault that they liquidated PrideFC though.



Sig made by the awemazing D.P
Toxie is offline  
post #20 of 107 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 03:31 PM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,613
                     
People are talking about M-1 as if they amount to nothing more than agents for Fedor and Mousasi. They run popular events around the world featuring a fair pool of fighters. What bearing do Fedor or Mousasi, who fight in Strikeforce ( aside from the occasional exhibition ) have on events like the M-1 challenge?

Granted, they are not the behemoth that the UFC has become, but outside of the US they are no joke.

The idea they have invested everything in Fedor and Mousasi is nonsense. They pretty much have first dibs on a large global area and will continue being M-1 long after Fedor and Mousasi have hung up there gloves.
Soojooko is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome