MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   What's next for Jon Jones? (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/67675-whats-next-jon-jones.html)

diablo5597 12-06-2009 07:52 AM

What's next for Jon Jones?
 
After his dominating "loss" against Hamill who should he fight next? After seeing him against Hamill, I really think he is a top fighter in that division. I know it might be hard to justify ranking him in the top ten because he doesn't have a lot of fight's and the best person he "beat" was only Hamill. But If I had to be honest, based on just what I see and not on peoples wins and losses, I would rank him 3rd in the division behind Shogun and Machida (that's right, I think he would beat Rashad and Rampage and any other top 205'er). I really think he is that good and he is only going to get better.

I feel like the UFC has to pick who they want to lose to him next and not who they want him to fight next. He's definitely ready for a big name, but who should it be? Maybe Lil Nog?

rushStPierre 12-06-2009 07:56 AM

against lil nog would be sweet, i think matching him up against anyone other than top tier would be a waste of time and another massacre.

TERMINATOR 12-06-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diablo5597 (Post 1061212)
After his dominating "loss" against Hamill who should he fight next? After seeing him against Hamill, I really think he is a top fighter in that division. I know it might be hard to justify ranking him in the top ten because he doesn't have a lot of fight's and the best person he "beat" was only Hamill. But If I had to be honest, based on just what I see and not on peoples wins and losses, I would rank him 3rd in the division behind Shogun and Machida (that's right, I think he would beat Rashad and Rampage and any other top 205'er). I really think he is that good and he is only going to get better.

I feel like the UFC has to pick who they want to lose to him next and not who they want him to fight next. He's definitely ready for a big name, but who should it be? Maybe Lil Nog?

I would definitley give him somebody at the top to see how he does. I wont jump in and say he could beat one of the best stand up guys in the world like rampage yet.

BrianRClover 12-06-2009 08:30 AM

It will probably be Jardine, the UFC LHW division stepping stone.

BobbyCooper 12-06-2009 08:33 AM

I think Jardine is an easy fight for Jones, but how about Forrest Griffin?

diablo5597 12-06-2009 08:38 AM

1st off, Jardine is no stepping stone. He's not consistent, but when he fights well he's a top fighter. He was dangerously close to beating Rampage. Also, I don't know if he will fight him because they now train together at Greg Jackson's camp.

Indestructibl3 12-06-2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diablo5597 (Post 1061212)
I feel like the UFC has to pick who they want to lose to him next and not who they want him to fight next. He's definitely ready for a big name, but who should it be? Maybe Lil Nog?

Hmm ... somehow I can't see that happening - it'll probably be Forrest v Lil Nog next.

And the thing with Jardine is that now they train together so who knows. Who else is there? Machida is taking on Shogun, Rashad v T.Silva then Rampage. Perhaps Jon Jones v Franklin? assuming he's not going against Cote.

Mckeever 12-06-2009 08:41 AM

I agree, this kid is going to be champ sooner or later. He is fascinating to watch as a fighter, so unpredictable. I think Jones vs lil nog would be amazing.

BrianRClover 12-06-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diablo5597 (Post 1061237)
1st off, Jardine is no stepping stone. He's not consistent, but when he fights well he's a top fighter. He was dangerously close to beating Rampage. Also, I don't know if he will fight him because they now train together at Greg Jackson's camp.

I agree, I didn't symbolize it will in my text but that was meant to be sarcasm. I like Jardine, and like you consider him a top fighter, but lets face it. That is not what the UFC uses him for. He's the scary looking guy who has wins over Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin, so if someone beats him, they must be a contender.

BobbyCooper 12-06-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mckeever (Post 1061241)
I agree, this kid is going to be champ sooner or later. He is fascinating to watch as a fighter, so unpredictable. I think Jones vs lil nog would be amazing.

I don't see him getting through Lyoto or Shogun in the next 7 years or so. But he will become champion one day but i pretty sure Bones fans have to wait a long long time for it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2