whats next for kimbo - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 12-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 436
ramram22 will become famous soon enoughramram22 will become famous soon enoughramram22 will become famous soon enoughramram22 will become famous soon enoughramram22 will become famous soon enoughramram22 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh98 View Post
Just curious as to how people are impressed with Kimbo last night; please don't tell me it is because Company Man Joe Blogan said so? I am getting really tired of Joe's innate ability to use rhetoric and inflection in his voice to influence people's thoughts.

The reality is that Kimbo and Houston looked horrible. Houston dropped his left hand with every lame leg kick he threw in which Bimbo could have countered with an overhand right. Kimbo is WAY too muscled to have any kind of fluid hand movement and speed. He does NOT move his head at all. He did a horrible job cutting off the cage and allowing houston to circle excessively without getting off any counters. Kimbo did not know what to do on the ground. Just because he got a good slam (strength) does not make a good ground fighter. He did not set up anything significant on the ground. Kimbo would get murdered by any fighter with decent head movement and handspeed.

Kimbo got knocked down on a weak leg kick...and layed there for 2 seconds before getting up. Both fighters did not close the show when the final 30 seconds were being counted. They stood there and when the bell rang, both fighters gassed out and put bent down to catch their out of shape breath. They were EXHAUSTED like fighters that would...you know...actually have fought intensely for 3 rounds.

The reason Bimbo won; in case anyone doesn't know, is because he is a draw for the UFC. He was one of the worst on the show yet was the main advertisement for the entire season. Of course he got the decision because he is going to bring in the rest of the fans that exist that still think he is some big scary Mr. T looking fighter.

Absolutely horrible fight and Company Man Blogan sure knew how to sell this for Daddy Dana.
I'm just excited to see Kimbo fight the current Coleman's, Bonnars, and Brian Stann's of the world.
Put him on Spike Cards, as the second or third fight of the night, nothing wrong with that.
ramram22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 2,638
alizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Pat Barry would finish him with leg kicks, heck Houston almost did lol
hehe well Kimbo would have a few months to gameplan for the leg kicks. Barry is def gonna stand with him. Fact is, with Kimbos skillset or lack there of, there just arent really any "safe" fights for him in the HW division. It will either be against a techniqually better striker or a ground game guy. I much rather give him the strikers of course.

As for those still hating Kimbo... i dont know what you want from him, he is what he is. He isnt claiming to be making a title run he just wants to learn and loves to bang and alot of ppl seem to enjoy watching him fight. I dont see the harm in having him around for slugfests for a little while, esp when he just beat a guy who was legitimately in the UFC for quite a while and had a couple decent wins under his belt.
alizio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 240
daveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramram22 View Post
I'm just excited to see Kimbo fight the current Coleman's, Bonnars, and Brian Stann's of the world.
Put him on Spike Cards, as the second or third fight of the night, nothing wrong with that.
Word. I feel you on that and there is nothing wrong with that as long as people look at him like a tank abbott kind of journeyman. He is nothing more than a way past prime tyson trying to fight a big fight: people tuning in to see the potential for a guy with a punchers chance. But elite level guys eat his lunch anyday of the week. Heck throw in fat and old mike tyson....kimbo goes to sleep. I was just annoyed at the hype that Rogan and the UFC are giving this clown. It is more bastadization of the UFC and MMA fighters in general. It is no different than other organizations using big name athletes to bring in audience...it downplays the atheticism of legit MMA fighters. peace.
daveh98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #24 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,116
Stokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of Knowledge
He should fight at LHW...give him someone like Drew McFedries...neither one of them wanna take the fight to the ground so it would be a battle.
Stokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
GMK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: St.Petersburg, FL
Posts: 605
GMK13 is just really niceGMK13 is just really niceGMK13 is just really niceGMK13 is just really niceGMK13 is just really niceGMK13 is just really niceGMK13 is just really niceGMK13 is just really niceGMK13 is just really niceGMK13 is just really niceGMK13 is just really nice
he should go to hw, i think that would be the best bet for his style.
__________________
GMK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Seperator88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MIDWEST
Posts: 520
Seperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the rough
wow there are a lot of Kimbo haters here, why? I think that anyone who has ever worked hard for something in life can appreciate the guy. He trying hard and he is a fighter. Okay, I don't think hes gonna sweep a division either, but he definetely could give some people a really tough time. Because you know he's not gonna quit. And if you say he has no skills, you are very very wrong, even though people know he can punch, that is just the beginning of his hands. That's apparent from his street fights on youtube, when you get in a real fight, no body punches like that, the fact that he was that accurate and precise goes to show a lot.

And look how much his ground game has improved just from the show, Houston Alexander isn't known for his ground game either, but I definetely say on paper Houston should've had the advantage on the ground. And Kimbo turned that around quick.
Seperator88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #27 (permalink)

 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,310
Toxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh98 View Post
Just curious as to how people are impressed with Kimbo last night; please don't tell me it is because Company Man Joe Blogan said so? I am getting really tired of Joe's innate ability to use rhetoric and inflection in his voice to influence people's thoughts.

The reality is that Kimbo and Houston looked horrible. Houston dropped his left hand with every lame leg kick he threw in which Bimbo could have countered with an overhand right. Kimbo is WAY too muscled to have any kind of fluid hand movement and speed. He does NOT move his head at all. He did a horrible job cutting off the cage and allowing houston to circle excessively without getting off any counters. Kimbo did not know what to do on the ground. Just because he got a good slam (strength) does not make a good ground fighter. He did not set up anything significant on the ground. Kimbo would get murdered by any fighter with decent head movement and handspeed.

Kimbo got knocked down on a weak leg kick...and layed there for 2 seconds before getting up. Both fighters did not close the show when the final 30 seconds were being counted. They stood there and when the bell rang, both fighters gassed out and put bent down to catch their out of shape breath. They were EXHAUSTED like fighters that would...you know...actually have fought intensely for 3 rounds.

The reason Bimbo won; in case anyone doesn't know, is because he is a draw for the UFC. He was one of the worst on the show yet was the main advertisement for the entire season. Of course he got the decision because he is going to bring in the rest of the fans that exist that still think he is some big scary Mr. T looking fighter.

Absolutely horrible fight and Company Man Blogan sure knew how to sell this for Daddy Dana.
How about the slam and the way he passed the guard like nothing, Im not singing Kimbo`s praises but at least give him the credit does deserve.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Johnni G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 466
Johnni G will become famous soon enoughJohnni G will become famous soon enoughJohnni G will become famous soon enoughJohnni G will become famous soon enoughJohnni G will become famous soon enoughJohnni G will become famous soon enoughJohnni G will become famous soon enoughJohnni G will become famous soon enoughJohnni G will become famous soon enoughJohnni G will become famous soon enoughJohnni G will become famous soon enough
Hopefully some classic UFC fights
Johnni G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
<= MODERATOR=>
 
Xerxes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,224
Xerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizio View Post
hehe well Kimbo would have a few months to gameplan for the leg kicks. Barry is def gonna stand with him. Fact is, with Kimbos skillset or lack there of, there just arent really any "safe" fights for him in the HW division. It will either be against a techniqually better striker or a ground game guy. I much rather give him the strikers of course.
Tbh I'd rather give him a sh*t grappler (say Al-Turk) than a very technical striker like Barry.

Against the sh!t grappler he might stuff the TDs and survive on the ground if it goes there. If he gets beat it wouldn't be a big deal since we all know BJJ isnt his forte. But against the good striker, he'd get embarrassed at his own game. lol

Imo the best options style wise would be a one dimensional brawler (Drew McFedries, Houston, Meat Head) or an average-decent striker (McSweeney etc..)
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 240
daveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of lightdaveh98 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
How about the slam and the way he passed the guard like nothing, Im not singing Kimbo`s praises but at least give him the credit does deserve.
It's just my opinion I guess man. Look, I think the guy is a complete tomato can and is part of the recent trend of bastardizing the sport. I am sick of organizations plugging "Entertainment fighters" over skilled ones. UFC did it with just bringing him on the show and then advertising his face on every commercial for TUF. Sure he got a slam in and passed guard. People will improve when they train MMA all day just as he has. That doesn't mean he has what it takes to make it in the sport. Just cuz a dude has a desire to fight doesnt mean he should be one. He made a name fighting bums on the internet. He was a bully. Last night's fight showed very very little skill; people that are NOT on TV show more skill and I dont like those fighters getting this type of exposure; it is NOT good for the sport...yet good for entertainment. Kimbo and houston were EXHAUSTED by the end of the fight. He is all brawn and hair with very very little skill and he actually SHOULD have more skill by now with the amount of pampering he has gotten with outstanding elite level training. SOrry but a slam and a guard passing dont cut it for me and again...this is only my opinion...but a passionate one.

edit; If someone is going to neg rep me at least put a name to it. It isn't like I did a troll thread or am insulting a poster. I am posting an opinion and merely that...geez!

Last edited by daveh98 : 12-06-2009 at 03:50 PM.
daveh98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios