UFC discussion from the past 6 - Page 68 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #671 of 774 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 06:10 PM
DP's Queen
 
Toxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,268
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropKick View Post
But really, what's he supposed to say? "I can't believe it MMA will never be the same, Rampage is so great blah blah blah". The UFC did a lot for Rampage's career. It gave him the type of exposure he needed to land movie deals and such. Also, MMA and the UFC is way bigger than any 1 fighter. Fighters will come and go but the fights will continue and new stars will emerge. Dana's job isn't to be worried about the feelings of 1 particular person it's his job to worry about the future of the UFC and MMA in general.
It's not about Rampage being so great, but about Rampage being high up in the UFC rankings and what that will do to the LHW division. His retirement affects the sport, even if not as much as it affects the fans. I'd much rather have heard about that from Dana, than about the money or Dana's personal feelings on the issue. I'm not saying Rampage is right or wrong about what he's been claiming or that the UFC hasn't done a lot for Rampage, just that personally, I don't like how Dana verbalized his opinion about this piece of news.



Sig made by the awemazing D.P
Toxie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #672 of 774 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Resident Drunk
 
MagiK11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cap Haitian, Haiti
Posts: 3,716
                     
If Ice cube can make movies and get paid Rampage has a better chance to make more money than being a fighter. A lot of you are down playing that fact, plus Rampage is charismatic and I can see him getting various roles in movies. Sure he won't be an A list actor but he can make several movies for sure and laugh/howl straight to the bank.


1. BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
2. Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
3. George "Rush" St Pierre
MagiK11 is offline  
post #673 of 774 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Featherweight
 
LCRaiders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,296
                     
We all have to respect Rampage for his decision even though we disagree with it. Everyone has a right to do what ever it is that they want..

Sick Sig By Toxic

Aubrey Drake Graham & Michael Stevenson Are Genius's

LCRaiders is offline  
post #674 of 774 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Bisping #1
 
eric2004bc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Luton, England, UK
Posts: 2,465
                     
id liek to see the rampage V rashad fight before his retirement, so he can retire proerly and in the octagon

sig credit to Michael Carson

UK Fighters FTW
eric2004bc is offline  
post #675 of 774 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Banned
 
coldcall420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: banned
Posts: 0
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiK11 View Post
If Ice cube can make movies and get paid Rampage has a better chance to make more money than being a fighter. A lot of you are down playing that fact, plus Rampage is charismatic and I can see him getting various roles in movies. Sure he won't be an A list actor but he can make several movies for sure and laugh/howl straight to the bank.

LOL....He can def do whatever he wants and I aint mad at him, I think he will be back, but what drama's do you see him doing since you can see him in various roles....????

CC420
coldcall420 is offline  
post #676 of 774 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Resident Drunk
 
MagiK11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cap Haitian, Haiti
Posts: 3,716
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcall420 View Post
LOL....He can def do whatever he wants and I aint mad at him, I think he will be back, but what drama's do you see him doing since you can see him in various roles....????

CC420
lmao! I guess I should have said various parts in movies, because I really don't see him doing a drama. But I'm sure he'll do some shoot em up type of movie, or be a dealer in another. So I see him probably making several movies, but as far as roles are concerned it'll be slim pickings.

But the more I think about it, I'm pretty sure he could get away with doing a comedy or two. I could have totally seen him in the Big Labowsky.


1. BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
2. Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
3. George "Rush" St Pierre
MagiK11 is offline  
post #677 of 774 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Banned
 
coldcall420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: banned
Posts: 0
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiK11 View Post
lmao! I guess I should have said various parts in movies, because I really don't see him doing a drama. But I'm sure he'll do some shoot em up type of movie, or be a dealer in another. So I see him probably making several movies, but as far as roles are concerned it'll be slim pickings.

But the more I think about it, I'm pretty sure he could get away with doing a comedy or two. I could have totally seen him in the Big Labowsky.

I think your right, I just think those aren't large paying roles and when he realizes that he will be back....your right on though with the type of movies......imo...

CC420

Randy Couture....
coldcall420 is offline  
post #678 of 774 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 10:02 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 45
   
Cool

DANA WHITE is a true P***Y and is killing MMA and turning it into a real life "WWF" One man should not have that much power they go on power trips first Tito,Coture, Now Page I swear what is next for this dude Dana because to be honest all this dude really cares about at the end of the day is MONEY!!
albsd23 is offline  
post #679 of 774 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,176
Blog Entries: 14
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcall420 View Post
LOL....He can def do whatever he wants and I aint mad at him, I think he will be back, but what drama's do you see him doing since you can see him in various roles....????

CC420
Actually, I was thinking sitcom. He done good on King of Queens, didn't he?

He and Bas run a gym together, or something, and wackiness ensues.


Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline  
post #680 of 774 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Banned
 
coldcall420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: banned
Posts: 0
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by albsd23 View Post
DANA WHITE is a true P***Y and is killing MMA and turning it into a real life "WWF" One man should not have that much power they go on power trips first Tito,Coture, Now Page I swear what is next for this dude Dana because to be honest all this dude really cares about at the end of the day is MONEY!!

What Dana does has nothing to do with the WWE.....money yes....

CC420
coldcall420 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome