Jon Jones's Management to Protest Loss - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,705
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Its not gonna get overturned and just makes Jones look like a whiny bitch IMO. The first time a replay was used to decide a fight, I don't care if the Maz was in the wrong (I don't think he was) the athletic commision is gonna back him like hell because overturning it questions the legitimacy of instant replay.
How does it make him look like a whiny bitch?? He handled it perfectly right after the fight and in the interviews, if he really wanted to complain about the loss he would do it right after the decision in the octagon.

This decision was most likely made by his management or the people around him.
Spec0688 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 439
                     
The article says that it was his management's decision and not his. He has taken the loss in stride. I believe that it's a legitimate complain and his management has the right to file. They wouldn't be doing their job (which is looking after Bones's interest) if they didn't.
thrshr01 is offline  
post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Zombie Cage Fighter
 
LivingDedMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 949
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrshr01 View Post
The article says that it was his management's decision and not his. He has taken the loss in stride. I believe that it's a legitimate complain and his management has the right to file. They wouldn't be doing their job (which is looking after Bones's interest) if they didn't.
No harm in trying I guess.
LivingDedMan is offline  
post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Abusive
 
UrbanBounca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay_o_ken View Post
if i were matt hamill i'd rather have the nc rather than a win for a fight i was dominated in anyways
What? It's a win, no matter how you look at his record. It's not his fault Jones threw an illegal elbow.
UrbanBounca is offline  
post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Amateur
 
out 4 the count's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 179
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Its not gonna get overturned and just makes Jones look like a whiny bitch IMO. The first time a replay was used to decide a fight, I don't care if the Maz was in the wrong (I don't think he was) the athletic commision is gonna back him like hell because overturning it questions the legitimacy of instant replay.
How does it make him look a whiny bitch? Didn't he come out after the fight and see he made a mistake and would accept the loss?

And anyway, he clearly beat the **** out of Hamil and I'd be pissed off if I had that loss on my record too.

In nearly every other situation he would have had a point docked, but because Hamil was so utterly beaten and battered on the floor he couldn't get up they had to stop the fight and you'd only be kidding yourself if you think those elbows made much of a difference in that, what can only be described as a total mauling.
out 4 the count is offline  
post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Abusive
 
UrbanBounca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by out 4 the count View Post
How does it make him look a whiny bitch? Didn't he come out after the fight and see he made a mistake and would accept the loss?

And anyway, he clearly beat the **** out of Hamil and I'd be pissed off if I had that loss on my record too.

In nearly every other situation he would have had a point docked, but because Hamil was so utterly beaten and battered on the floor he couldn't get up they had to stop the fight and you'd only be kidding yourself if you think those elbows made much of a difference in that, what can only be described as a total mauling.
It ultimately doesn't matter whether they were effective or not, they were illegal.
UrbanBounca is offline  
post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Amateur
 
out 4 the count's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 179
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
It ultimately doesn't matter whether they were effective or not, they were illegal.
So is a low blow or eye gouging, ever see somebody given the win when that happens to them?

He should have had a point deducted, anybody can see they were hardly the cause of Hamil not being able to get up. He lost the fight fair and square really.

I could understand a no contest decision though, but a win for Hamil? It's just complete lunacy.
out 4 the count is offline  
post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Abusive
 
UrbanBounca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by out 4 the count View Post
So is a low blow or eye gouging, ever see somebody given the win when that happens to them?

He should have had a point deducted, anybody can see they were hardly the cause of Hamil not being able to get up. He lost the fight fair and square really.

I could understand a no contest decision though, but a win for Hamil? It's just complete lunacy.
No, a low blow or eye gouge is accidental. Jones illegal strikes were completely intentional.
UrbanBounca is offline  
post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Amateur
 
out 4 the count's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 179
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
No, a low blow or eye gouge is accidental. Jones illegal strikes were completely intentional.
It wasn't his intention to foul somebody. I know ignorance isn't an excuse but that's how it was.

And there are lots of intentional low blows and especially eye gouges/pokes, it's just easy to pass off as being unintentional.
out 4 the count is offline  
post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
AlphaDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,079
                     
I'm seeing a lot of comments that if the cut wasn't the reason why the fight was ended, then it was the shoulder. That could be true but what you people don't seem to be seeing as a factor is that the elbow hit him in the head. Whether it cut him or not, he could still have been dazed/rocked to the point where he couldn't continue. To imply the elbow ONLY caused a cut is ridiculously stupid. The illegal elbow was by far the most damaging thing he landed all night.

Last edited by AlphaDawg; 12-09-2009 at 11:33 PM.
AlphaDawg is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome