Who Broke My Favorite Fighter? - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 12-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #51 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Lloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 562
Lloyd has a spectacular aura aboutLloyd has a spectacular aura aboutLloyd has a spectacular aura aboutLloyd has a spectacular aura aboutLloyd has a spectacular aura aboutLloyd has a spectacular aura aboutLloyd has a spectacular aura aboutLloyd has a spectacular aura aboutLloyd has a spectacular aura aboutLloyd has a spectacular aura aboutLloyd has a spectacular aura about
For me its Chuck Liddell. Rampage broke Chuck and he hasn't been the same since.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #52 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
AlphaDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,016
AlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By All
Cro Cop and Wanderlei Silva. Not sure if it's because of pride rules or whatever but they've really changed. They used to KO/TKO people nonstop, now the roles have changed.
AlphaDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:29 PM   #53 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Josh Jones III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 153
Josh Jones III will become famous soon enoughJosh Jones III will become famous soon enoughJosh Jones III will become famous soon enoughJosh Jones III will become famous soon enoughJosh Jones III will become famous soon enoughJosh Jones III will become famous soon enoughJosh Jones III will become famous soon enoughJosh Jones III will become famous soon enoughJosh Jones III will become famous soon enoughJosh Jones III will become famous soon enough
A good way to gauge whether or not a fighter to deserves to make this thread is if he's "embarrassed you" in front of a layman fan.

If your casual fan friend is seeing ______________ for the first time after you'd hyped the fighter up saying "Oh man! Wait until you see ____________! He's so badass!" but the fighter comes out flat or tentative as can be and makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about, with your friend saying "I dunno, man, wasn't that impressed," then he fits this list!

My biggies are Cro Cop and Wandy but another guy who's made me look silly of late is Rich Franklin.
Josh Jones III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #54 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
gwabblesore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,589
gwabblesore is a jewel in the roughgwabblesore is a jewel in the roughgwabblesore is a jewel in the roughgwabblesore is a jewel in the roughgwabblesore is a jewel in the roughgwabblesore is a jewel in the roughgwabblesore is a jewel in the roughgwabblesore is a jewel in the roughgwabblesore is a jewel in the roughgwabblesore is a jewel in the roughgwabblesore is a jewel in the rough
Good thread idea.

I'll go with everyone else and say Chuck of course. I think he got a little too caught up on himself during his run as champion and just plain didn't work hard enough to keep up with the sport. He thought he could beat anyone without putting in the hours (hard to blame him; I mean he was dominating the LHW division). His physique never seemed on par with most LHWs and he made no secret of his rockstar partying sort of lifestyle. And when Rampage reminded him that he wasn't invincible, it was just too late. The dude's old now.

But one guy that hasn't gotten any mention in this thread (I believe) is Mark Hunt. That one was hard to swallow. He beat Wandy and Crocop (taking his head kicks like flea bites) then even gave FEDOR a good fight (had he been better with submissions he could have very possibly ended the fight with his mammoth size in side control). I was looking forward to him coming to the UFC more than any of the Pride guys (never a big Rampage/Fedor/Crocop/Wandy/Shogun/Hendo/Nog fan, probably because of all the retard Pride Nazis who would constantly say that these guys could come annihilate every UFC fighter on a whim).

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!?! He absolutely sucks now. Oh and his iron chin (this is the one that really baffles me; he took MULTIPLE CROCOP HEADKICKS and didn't even care) can also be KOd in 20 seconds. Bleh.
gwabblesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:55 PM   #55 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 21
The Immortal CJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past
My guy Frank Mir!

Brock Lesnar just ****ed him up guyz!!!
The Immortal CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:04 PM   #56 (permalink)
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
khoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwabblesore View Post
Good thread idea.

I'll go with everyone else and say Chuck of course. I think he got a little too caught up on himself during his run as champion and just plain didn't work hard enough to keep up with the sport. He thought he could beat anyone without putting in the hours (hard to blame him; I mean he was dominating the LHW division). His physique never seemed on par with most LHWs and he made no secret of his rockstar partying sort of lifestyle. And when Rampage reminded him that he wasn't invincible, it was just too late. The dude's old now.

But one guy that hasn't gotten any mention in this thread (I believe) is Mark Hunt. That one was hard to swallow. He beat Wandy and Crocop (taking his head kicks like flea bites) then even gave FEDOR a good fight (had he been better with submissions he could have very possibly ended the fight with his mammoth size in side control). I was looking forward to him coming to the UFC more than any of the Pride guys (never a big Rampage/Fedor/Crocop/Wandy/Shogun/Hendo/Nog fan, probably because of all the retard Pride Nazis who would constantly say that these guys could come annihilate every UFC fighter on a whim).

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!?! He absolutely sucks now. Oh and his iron chin (this is the one that really baffles me; he took MULTIPLE CROCOP HEADKICKS and didn't even care) can also be KOd in 20 seconds. Bleh.
Great call on Mark Hunt. He's a guy just like Soko. Incredible talent, tons of heart, strong chin... and something goes wrong and they're never the same again.
__________________
WAR CIGANO



sig credit to Limba

lobster train.
khoveraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:00 AM   #57 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
steveo412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,422
steveo412 is a glorious beacon of lightsteveo412 is a glorious beacon of lightsteveo412 is a glorious beacon of lightsteveo412 is a glorious beacon of lightsteveo412 is a glorious beacon of lightsteveo412 is a glorious beacon of lightsteveo412 is a glorious beacon of lightsteveo412 is a glorious beacon of lightsteveo412 is a glorious beacon of lightsteveo412 is a glorious beacon of lightsteveo412 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Jones III View Post
A good way to gauge whether or not a fighter to deserves to make this thread is if he's "embarrassed you" in front of a layman fan.

If your casual fan friend is seeing ______________ for the first time after you'd hyped the fighter up saying "Oh man! Wait until you see ____________! He's so badass!" but the fighter comes out flat or tentative as can be and makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about, with your friend saying "I dunno, man, wasn't that impressed," then he fits this list!

My biggies are Cro Cop and Wandy but another guy who's made me look silly of late is Rich Franklin.
Pretty much exactly what happened to me when Cro Cop fought GG I hyped him up so hard being all like watch this guy knock this guys head off with a kick Cro Cop is the best man just watch.

Then after the fight my friends like weren't you talkin about that other guy.....F-ck!!
steveo412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:30 AM   #58 (permalink)
Big Dawg
 
Ruckus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 911
Ruckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal CJ View Post
My guy Frank Mir!

Brock Lesnar just ****ed him up guyz!!!
No doubt Lesnar mauled him, but broke? Mir seemed to rebound just fine against Kongo, someone he was given no chance against by many on this site. Not only did he win, he looked much improved.
__________________
Ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:36 AM   #59 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
mmawrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles by way of Vancouver
Posts: 1,439
mmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level now
Denis Kang hasnt been the same since his loss to akiyama.
__________________
mmawrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:47 AM   #60 (permalink)
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
WouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He Crosses
My favorite fighters turned broken fighters:

1) Kid Yamamoto...ever since he broke his arm practicing for the Olympics he hasn't been the same. He used to fight guys 1 or 2 weight classes higher on a regular basis and destroy them, now he fights guys in his own class and either struggles or loses

2) Karo Parisyan...self explanatory

3) Takanori Gomi...WTF happened to him anyway?

4) Nick Diaz...put down the pipe for a little while and train your ass off. Smoke in moderation dude, your ****in shit up.

5) Martin Kampmann...never was top 5 but he's always been a favorite of mine who I thought had huge potential but he doesn't seem to be living up to it at all.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios