So Now It's "Franklin vs. MacDonald" and "Liddell vs. Jardine" Right? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 05:25 AM Thread Starter
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 123
 
So Now It's "Franklin vs. MacDonald" and "Liddell vs. Jardine" Right?

i heard franklin would face the winner of the macdonald/leben fight and im pretty sure a commentator said jardine might be facing lidell next....cause rampage is fighting on feb 3 and i think they might wanna give him a couple fights to hype him up before the lidell rematch, while thats happening they could slip in the jardine/lidell match in
Nu Jack is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 06:15 AM
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
If Jardine gets to fight Chuck next then I think Rashad Evans is gonna have a little something to say about that. He did win the show, afterall, and is still undefeated. Jardine has one loss to Bonnar and to Rashad on the show right? Either way he shouldn't be higher up than Rashad that's kinda f*cked up.

I would rather see Jardine/Liddell than Evans/*insert fighter here* though.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 09:56 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 231
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
If Jardine gets to fight Chuck next then I think Rashad Evans is gonna have a little something to say about that. He did win the show, afterall, and is still undefeated. Jardine has one loss to Bonnar and to Rashad on the show right? Either way he shouldn't be higher up than Rashad that's kinda f*cked up.

I would rather see Jardine/Liddell than Evans/*insert fighter here* though.

Jardine will be pressed to throw the fight if he fights chuck before Rampage, since the UFC is fixed in the upper cards
gabester76 is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 09:59 AM
1 2 3 Blast Off!
 
TheSuplexor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,972
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabester76
Jardine will be pressed to throw the fight if he fights chuck before Rampage, since the UFC is fixed in the upper cards
that's crap jardine has a shot of winning
TheSuplexor is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 10:02 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 231
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublelegtakedown
that's crap jardine has a shot of winning

yes he does have a shot,,,but he will be pressured. I want Jardine to whoop Chuck's ass don't get me wrong but do you honestly think Chuck vs Jardine will draw more $$$ than Chuck vs Rampage? Don't answer..that was rhetoricall. You see the point I'm making and after all it's a business.
gabester76 is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 10:57 AM
Sensei
 
jamlena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New England (RI)
Posts: 2,359
                     
I wanted to see Franklin-Leben just to see Franklin knock his block off, I had respect for Leben, he was always a bit of a jerk but lately he's been at an all-time high of a jerk. Oh well, Franklin-MacDonald will be a good fight just the same.

You can't have everything. Where would you put it?



Favorite Fighters:

Chuck Liddell
Rich Franklin
Diego Sanchez
jamlena is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 11:16 AM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 577
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu Jack
i heard franklin would face the winner of the macdonald/leben fight and im pretty sure a commentator said jardine might be facing lidell next....cause rampage is fighting on feb 3 and i think they might wanna give him a couple fights to hype him up before the lidell rematch, while thats happening they could slip in the jardine/lidell match in
Franklin-McDonald? Can that be anything more than a tune-up fight for Franklin?

McDonald seems to have lots of talent. Throwing him to Franklin now would seem to be a bit harsh on him.
I.P.Freely is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Future UFC LW Champ
 
CTFlyingKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,957
           
go home gabester
CTFlyingKnee is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Flyweight
 
speedythief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posts: 457
 
MacDonald's striking was pretty weak in the fight last night. He'd throw a punch, duck, and try and take Leben down at the waist like a lazy football player. Franklin is a smarter fighter than Leben and I think he would've recognized that and put a knee or an uppercut in MacDonald's face. I don't think MacDonald is ready for a Rich Franklin, but I do like the guy and I want to see him fight more.
speedythief is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 12:38 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
benefactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 58
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedythief
MacDonald's striking was pretty weak in the fight last night. He'd throw a punch, duck, and try and take Leben down at the waist like a lazy football player. Franklin is a smarter fighter than Leben and I think he would've recognized that and put a knee or an uppercut in MacDonald's face. I don't think MacDonald is ready for a Rich Franklin, but I do like the guy and I want to see him fight more.
You pretty much summed up the first thing I thought when I saw this thread. McDonald's striking is horrible. Franklin is too well rounded at this point and would take him apart. As far as Jardine goes...I agree with WL2FU...Rashad deserves to the shot more than he does. Though I also would rather see Jardine fight Chuck because he would want to stand with him.
benefactor is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome