Mir vs Carwin for Interim title at UFC 111 in New Jersey? - Page 8 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Featherweight
 
Diokhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,492
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Carwin has top notch wrestling ?

Since when ?
Pretty much since his college days... He was div 2 champion. As Im not an american I got no idea how huge difference there is bitween div 1 and div 2 champs, but on paper its still better wrestling background than almost everyone on ufc has.

"When I land that left hook, the fight will be over." -Paul Daley (He called it!)
Diokhan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 09:21 PM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,910
                     
I'm actually glad this fight is taking place I've always questioned Shanes legitimacy as earning that title shot.


If he can get past Frank, I think he's finally earned it TBH.


----> WWW.MMAFORUM.COM <----



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline  
post #73 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,655
                     
Card might be coming together nicely

GSP - Hardy
Carwin - Mir
Alves - TBA
Almedia - TBA
Hellboy is offline  
post #74 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 91
                     
some of you guys value your opinions way to much. at the end of the day your comments ARENT i repeat ARENT going to change anything...

mir is a very talented fighter and he is a top hw, and i for one am very interested to see how mir can handle a larger opponent with his added mass. In march he may even be cutting to 265 which would make it a whole different ball game against brock....

you guys remember before 104, when everyones like omfg shogun doesnt deserve a title shot!!! lyoto will pwnz000r him... yea i didnt hear anyone saying he didnt deserve a title shot after he whooped lyotos ass...

calm down lets see how this plays out
wakeboy is offline  
post #75 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,655
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboy View Post
some of you guys value your opinions way to much. at the end of the day your comments ARENT i repeat ARENT going to change anything...

mir is a very talented fighter and he is a top hw, and i for one am very interested to see how mir can handle a larger opponent with his added mass. In march he may even be cutting to 265 which would make it a whole different ball game against brock....

you guys remember before 104, when everyones like omfg shogun doesnt deserve a title shot!!! lyoto will pwnz000r him... yea i didnt hear anyone saying he didnt deserve a title shot after he whooped lyotos ass...

calm down lets see how this plays out


Why have message boards then ? The whole "you are just guys on a forum" schtick is ******* old and outdated.
Hellboy is offline  
post #76 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 91
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post


Why have message boards then ? The whole "you are just guys on a forum" schtick is ******* old and outdated.
a lot of people come here for updates on whats actually going on in the mma world. so if pointless threads keep getting bumped by people who think theyre extremly important and just say random nonsense...

the annoying thing is the problems created by people not considering different perspectives, like hmmm maybe frank mir is deserving of a shot at an interm belt rather than ranting and going on about how their favourite up and coming heavyweight deserves it more than him...

nice troll bro stay hot...
wakeboy is offline  
post #77 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 09:45 AM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,163
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Card might be coming together nicely

GSP - Hardy
Carwin - Mir
Alves - TBA
Almedia - TBA
In the thread I posted about Alves returning, I think JP mentioned that Alves might be fighting Almeida.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Claudia Gadelha - Tecia Torres - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye - Diaz Bro's

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #78 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 09:53 AM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,910
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
In the thread I posted about Alves returning, I think JP mentioned that Alves might be fighting Almeida.
It's not signed yet but they're trying to put it together...

source..http://mmafrenzy.com/12526/thiago-al...in-new-jersey/


----> WWW.MMAFORUM.COM <----



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline  
post #79 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,603
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diokhan View Post
Pretty much since his college days... He was div 2 champion. As Im not an american I got no idea how huge difference there is bitween div 1 and div 2 champs, but on paper its still better wrestling background than almost everyone on ufc has.




NO OF COARSE NOT Brock never won the 2000 NCAA heavyweight wrestling championship or anything ...so Carwin is way better.
G_Land is offline  
post #80 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 185
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Land View Post
NO OF COARSE NOT Brock never won the 2000 NCAA heavyweight wrestling championship or anything ...so Carwin is way better.
yeah its not like he said he was better than ALMOST everyone in the ufc..of course there are a few who have better credentials, but that still doesnt necessarily mean that they're better mma wrestlers, hell gsp has no wrestling credentials and Id wager p4p he's probably the best wrestler in mma

Fav Fighters

HW: Arlovski, CroCop, Mir
LHW: Wandy, Rampage, Liddell
MW: Marquardt, Silva, Franklin
WW: GSP, Hughes
LW: Penn

ALWAYS backin my boy Matt Hammill, BISPING IS A TOOL, WAR HAMMILL!
TheAxeMurderer is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome