James Toney Claims He Intimidated Liddell at UFC 107 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 417
                     
James Toney: "Chuck Liddell seemed uneasy with me being at UFC 107"

James Toney says Chuck looked a little nervous. LOL.

Quote:
"Chuck Liddell seemed uneasy with me being at UFC 107," stated NABO heavyweight champion James "Lights Out" Toney, who was in Memphis, Tennessee last Saturday to attend UFC 107. When he caught up with UFC President Dana White to discuss the possibility of fighting inside the Octagon, Toney said his mere presence intimidated former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell. "I met up with Dane. He was cool and said we could do business," Toney revealed. "We exchanged numbers and I texted him all night, 'Don't forget chicken shit!' But I was sitting behind Chuck Liddell and I could tell he was uncomfortable with my presence."
He also said something about doing big numbers fighting Randy Couture. Wow. LOL.

JAMES TONEY: "CHUCK LIDDELL SEEMED UNEASY WITH ME BEING AT UFC 107"
betii is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 03:47 AM
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
lol @ Toney.


I bet he was some drunk loud asshole that kept criticizing the striking of the fighters at 107. The Iceman probably kept giving him dirty looks.

WAR CIGANO



sig credit to Limba

lobster train.
khoveraki is offline  
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 03:52 AM
Big Dawg
 
Ruckus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 911
                     
Come on. Are you serious Toney? Maaybe put HIM in the Octagon with Kimbo.

Ruckus is offline  
post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 03:55 AM
Photobucket
 
Machida Karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Arizona!
Posts: 3,570
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
Come on. Are you serious Toney? Maaybe put HIM in the Octagon with Kimbo.

LOL yeah that would get numbers for sure! lol, i think Randy would wrestle him to the tap out.
Machida Karate is offline  
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 04:00 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
joshua7789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,322
                     
This doesnt really make me look down on Toney. He is a boxer and this is what boxers do. For everyone classy guy like Manny (and he actually has people that do his shit talking for him) that mostly just goes out there and fights, there are fifty guys like Mayweather and Froch that say a lot of things to draw attention to themselves and there fights. Its not neccessarily a bad thing, its just the culture of boxing for some reason.
joshua7789 is offline  
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 04:05 AM
Photobucket
 
Machida Karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Arizona!
Posts: 3,570
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua7789 View Post
This doesnt really make me look down on Toney. He is a boxer and this is what boxers do. For everyone classy guy like Manny (and he actually has people that do his shit talking for him) that mostly just goes out there and fights, there are fifty guys like Mayweather and Froch that say a lot of things to draw attention to themselves and there fights. Its not neccessarily a bad thing, its just the culture of boxing for some reason.

Yeah your totally right, its not just for some reason, i mean its one thing for some hardcore fans to want to always watch there favorite fighters fight, but this is a way to get the casual fan into the drama and want to see someone proven wrong lol, its all smart marketing
Machida Karate is offline  
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 04:15 AM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,988
                     
wow, either chuck OR randy could take toney down and pound him out easily, assuming they don't get proud and decide to play his game. Toney is just talkin smack to hype the potential fight.

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is offline  
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 04:18 AM
Photobucket
 
Machida Karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Arizona!
Posts: 3,570
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
wow, either chuck OR randy could take toney down and pound him out easily, assuming they don't get proud and decide to play his game. Toney is just talkin smack to hype the potential fight.

Lol yeah he just needs to avoid getting Randy or Liddel TO pissed then there going to hurt him bad when they get the chance lol Kinda how Micheal Bisbing should of shut his mouth before he fought Dan Hendo
Machida Karate is offline  
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 04:31 AM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,129
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
wow, either chuck OR randy could take toney down and pound him out easily, assuming they don't get proud and decide to play his game. Toney is just talkin smack to hype the potential fight.
Yeah if they took him down the fight would be over before it started. Although I am very interested to see how Toney reacts to being kicked. I think that this could make it possible to actually lose the standup. If he is too worried about defending takedowns and kicks, he might be timid to throw punches like he normally would.

Either way it would be best and safest for whoever fights Toney, or any prefessional boxer for that matter, to take them to the ground.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Claudia Gadelha - Tecia Torres - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye - Diaz Bro's

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 04:46 AM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,988
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Yeah if they took him down the fight would be over before it started. Although I am very interested to see how Toney reacts to being kicked. I think that this could make it possible to actually lose the standup. If he is too worried about defending takedowns and kicks, he might be timid to throw punches like he normally would.

Either way it would be best and safest for whoever fights Toney, or any prefessional boxer for that matter, to take them to the ground.
i believe timmay tried kicking ray mercer and look where that got him :P


Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome