***OFFICIAL*** Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva Pre/Post Fight - Page 16 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Who takes it?

Rashad Evans 35 64.81%
Thiago Silva 19 35.19%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 01-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #151 (permalink)
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 9,497
_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I think Evans could take Cane and matches up well with Rampage although it would be a tough tough fight. Little Nog would be a hard fight for him though.
I think Cane hits a little too hard for Rashad. I'd love to see this one.

Lil Nog? Damn, I think he's a very dangerous dark horse at LHW right now. Don't see alot of 205ers giving him fits.
__________________

MMAForum.....You Know You Love It..



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #152 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Kreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,793
Kreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by godson View Post
This fight.. sorta reminds me of GSP vs. Thiago Alves..
You mean gsp vs kos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicilian_Esq View Post
Rashad won a decision playing safe with lay n pray. Hardly a win to be beating his chest about.
Its kind of funny that everyone has this opinion when gsp fights this way all the time..If anything the fact that silva made his way to his feet easily gave the fight an element of a seesaw.That in itself is more entertaining than the stagnation of seeing 2 grown sweaty men (one in bike shorts mind you)laying on the other for 5 rounds..

uke:
__________________
To Live is 2 suffer, 2 survive? well that is 2 find meaning in the suffering

Last edited by Kreed : 01-03-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Kreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #153 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,844
Drogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level now
Evans looked tiny next to Silva, tiny next to Rampage on TUF. I didn't realize how small he is, he really is a MW.

He fought a very smart fight, used his quickness, used strikes really well to set up takedowns. I always thought Rashad was a little over rated but he fought a great fight last night, I'm surprised people are calling that boring.

Is Silva retarded? He's down 2-0 going into the third, he knows if it goes to the cards he loses and he spends half the round clowning around and doing nothing. Then, he finally catches Evans, has him hurt and....he backs off. WTF? Bizarre, I can't understand what Silva was thinking.
Drogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #154 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Sicilian_Esq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,570
Sicilian_Esq Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSicilian_Esq Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSicilian_Esq Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSicilian_Esq Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSicilian_Esq Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSicilian_Esq Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSicilian_Esq Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSicilian_Esq Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSicilian_Esq Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSicilian_Esq Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSicilian_Esq Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreed View Post
You mean gsp vs kos
Its kind of funny that everyone has this opinion when gsp fights this way all the time..If anything the fact that silva made his way to his feet easily gave the fight an element of a seesaw.That in itself is more entertaining than the stagnation of seeing 2 grown sweaty men (one in bike shorts mind you)laying on the other for 5 rounds..

uke:
Totally Agree. Nearly the same gameplan, as shown below:

GSP:

(Takedown) + (Relatively ineffective GNP) + (Cardio) = Win!

Rashad:

(Takedown) - (Relatively ineffective GNP) - (Cardio) = Win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogo View Post
Is Silva retarded? He's down 2-0 going into the third, he knows if it goes to the cards he loses and he spends half the round clowning around and doing nothing. Then, he finally catches Evans, has him hurt and....he backs off. WTF? Bizarre, I can't understand what Silva was thinking.
Evans backpeddled the entire 3rd round. Silva couldn't catch him, so he was hoping to bait him into an exchange. Evans was content to rest on the laurels of the 1st two rounds + the TD in the early 3rd.

*Edit*

To the Anonymous Neg repper, which part of my post is bs? The part where Rashad lay N prayed for 2 rounds,or his Kaleb Starnes impression in the 3rd?

Last edited by Sicilian_Esq : 01-03-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Sicilian_Esq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:06 PM   #155 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Baby Jay D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 437
Baby Jay D. has a spectacular aura aboutBaby Jay D. has a spectacular aura aboutBaby Jay D. has a spectacular aura aboutBaby Jay D. has a spectacular aura aboutBaby Jay D. has a spectacular aura aboutBaby Jay D. has a spectacular aura aboutBaby Jay D. has a spectacular aura aboutBaby Jay D. has a spectacular aura aboutBaby Jay D. has a spectacular aura aboutBaby Jay D. has a spectacular aura aboutBaby Jay D. has a spectacular aura about
Fightmetric scored it a 29-29 draw. The difference in strikes is bigger than I thought. I know Fightmetric isn't the best but it's interesting analysis none-the-less.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Evans-Silva.html

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/1/3/...rt-for-ufc-108

Edit: Personally, I scored it 29-28 Evans.
__________________
Quote:
The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.
- Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Last edited by Baby Jay D. : 01-03-2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: My score.
Baby Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:01 PM   #156 (permalink)
Banned
 
coldcall420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: banned
Posts: 0
Blog Entries: 1
coldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
I have to say that i really enjoyed that fight, it was a good Main Event in my eyes. But this fight was definitely a draw!

Rashad won round 1 and 2 with a scoring of 10:9 both times.
Thiago won round 3 very clearly thats why he gets a 10:8.

This fight should have been a draw!!!

I can't believe that Thiago gave Rashad the time to recover, I don't think that Thiago was so tierd no way. When you move like that you aren't tierd! I really don't know what to think about this last round... very very weird

Your crazy Bobby, even Thiago's corner after the second round go your behind on points you have to finish him this round..... Rashad def won 1 & 2 and Thiago def should have finished Rashad in the 3rd....Like the Shoguns people who cry when Shogun had all the 5th round to do his thing.....he just didnt...


Anyone who calls that fight Thiago vs. Evans fixed or whatever needs to go back to the drawing board....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohod1982 View Post
rd 3 was nowhere near a 10-8 rd

No way....


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
And had he gone all out on the ground he would have probably lost due to exhaustion whilst simultaneously leaving himself vulnerable to a sub. C'mon, it's not like he did **** all. He didn't execute a brutal ground and pound like he did on Jason Lambert because he was fighting Thiago Silva, a guy who has very good sweeps from the bottom and good ground and pound himself.

Seriously you lot act as if Rashad got beat or something. He got a pretty clear decision over this geezer. Deal with it.

He was closer to losing than wining at the end....LOL Dark did you triple freaking post a couple pages back.....c'mon man!!!!
coldcall420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #157 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
BobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcall420 View Post
Your crazy Bobby, even Thiago's corner after the second round go your behind on points you have to finish him this round..... Rashad def won 1 & 2 and Thiago def should have finished Rashad in the 3rd....Like the Shoguns people who cry when Shogun had all the 5th round to do his thing.....he just didnt...
Call me crazy CC you know you are my MMAforum.com Idol you can call me whatever you like to call me you can give me animal names if you wish^^

But I think I have to agree with you, it wasn't a 10:8 but thats one more reason why I would like to see the half point scoring system. When do ever see somebody giving a 10:8 in a fight?? Never!! I think judges need a littel bit more freedom then only giving 10:9 rounds all the time...makes no sense to me. What do you need to do to get a 10:8 round?? Knock him out?? Then we don't need a decision anymore! Rashad won 1, 2 with a score of 10:9 each time but Thaigo did (in my eyes 2 times as much damage as Rashad did in the first round) I mean he nearly Knocked him out in the third round ..didn't he CC he could barrely stand on his feet, one more clean shot I am 100% sure that Rashad would lay on the map motionless. But I also know that Thiago didn't done enough to get a 10:8 youre right. I can't believe that Thiago was joking around like Silva does.. you can't tell me thiago was tired no way. He could easily go 5 rounds! I don't know why he didn't pushed the action... I was really confused after I saw that fight...

Last edited by BobbyCooper : 01-03-2010 at 06:21 PM.
BobbyCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:27 PM   #158 (permalink)
Banned
 
coldcall420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: banned
Posts: 0
Blog Entries: 1
coldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Call me crazy CC you know you are my MMAforum.com Idol you can call me whatever you like to call me you can give me animal names if you wish^^

But I think I have to agree with you, it wasn't a 10:8 but thats one more reason why I would like to see the half point scoring system. When do ever see somebody giving a 10:8 in a fight?? Never!! I think judges need a littel bit more freedom then only giving 10:9 rounds all the time...makes no sense to me. What do you need to do to get a 10:8 round?? Knock him out?? Then we don't need a decision anymore! Rashad won 1, 2 with a score of 10:9 each time but Thaigo did (in my eyes 2 times as much damage as Rashad did in the first round) I mean he nearly Knocked him out in the third round ..didn't he CC he could barrely stand on his feet, one more clean shot I am 100% sure that Rashad would lay on the map motionless. But I also know that Thiago didn't done enough to get a 10:8 youre right. I can't believe that Thiago was joking around like Silva does.. you can't tell me thiago was tierd no way. He could easily go 5 rounds! I don't know why he didn't pushed the action... I was really confused after I saw that fight...

YES!!! 4 Sure!! He nearly knocked him out dude, it was rediculous, a 10-8 round to me is one that the ref is right there to stop the fight and you are weathering a hella strom but somehow survive or the bell rings....They do happen but(Rampage Forrest) they dont happen all that often and what thiago did in the 3rd wasnt enough for a 10-8 hell there was like only a min or so left that Rashad had to survive....

We're in agreement the desire of Thiago to not attack was almost sickening....what do you train and fight for......to get a guy in that position so you can finish him....

It was almost like with 2 mins left Thiago said to himself...enough of this shit Im gonna mock you to draw you into me( BTW it worked) and then all of a sudden Rashad was right smack in Thiago's world where Rashad didnt want to be(at this momnt it's my opinion Thiago was looking at Rashad but saw Jardine in his mind and attacked with that confidence).....I simply cannot explain Thiago not finishing, but Im sure looking at the tape today he is killing himself.....
coldcall420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #159 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
BobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcall420 View Post
YES!!! 4 Sure!! He nearly knocked him out dude, it was rediculous, a 10-8 round to me is one that the ref is right there to stop the fight and you are weathering a hella strom but somehow survive or the bell rings....They do happen but(Rampage Forrest) they dont happen all that often and what thiago did in the 3rd wasnt enough for a 10-8 hell there was like only a min or so left that Rashad had to survive....

We're in agreement the desire of Thiago to not attack was almost sickening....what do you train and fight for......to get a guy in that position so you can finish him....

It was almost like with 2 mins left Thiago said to himself...enough of this shit Im gonna mock you to draw you into me( BTW it worked) and then all of a sudden Rashad was right smack in Thiago's world where Rashad didnt want to be(at this momnt it's my opinion Thiago was looking at Rashad but saw Jardine in his mind and attacked with that confidence).....I simply cannot explain Thiago not finishing, but Im sure looking at the tape today he is killing himself.....
It was one of the most confusing rounds I ever saw definitely! I wanna listen to a post fight interview with Thiago where he explains his thoughts (if he had any guess not) he never comes up very smart...but what he did there was just ridiculos. Man why did he acted like f*** The Spider? Maybe he tought to himself hey Thiago its a Main Event isn't a ME supposed to be 5 rounds LOL
BobbyCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #160 (permalink)
Banned
 
coldcall420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: banned
Posts: 0
Blog Entries: 1
coldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
It was one of the most confusing rounds I ever saw definitely! I wanna listen to a post fight interview with Thiago where he explains his thoughts (if he had any guess not) he never comes up very smart...but what he did there was just ridiculos. Man why did he acted like f*** The Spider? Maybe he tought to himself hey Thiago its a Main Event isn't a ME supposed to be 5 rounds LOL

I just think he was mocking Rashad out of frustration cuz Rashad was back peddling....but it ended up benefiting Thiago...however he didn't capitalize, it was almost like he gave up, got annoyed so mocked Rashad and that produced an opening, he connected and then.....only Thiago knows....

Funny how kinda making fun of Rashad opened up the fight, it was just too late...
coldcall420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios