Who Is The Best Wrestler In MMA - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Who is the best wrestler in MMA

GSP 97 74.05%
Dan Henderson 5 3.82%
Cain Velasquez 5 3.82%
Chael Sonnen 0 0%
Matt Lindland 1 0.76%
Randy Couture 4 3.05%
Sean Sherk 0 0%
Josh Koschek 2 1.53%
Brock Lesnar 15 11.45%
Other (specify) 2 1.53%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 01-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,610
Hellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Carson View Post
GSP, there's no question or doubt, which is why he is rolling through this poll.
The fact 92.8% of the forum are attached to his nuts doesn't play a part ?
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
JoshKnows46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 971
JoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Carson View Post
GSP, there's no question or doubt, which is why he is rolling through this poll.
so your telling me gsp can out wrestle dan henderson, or chael sonnon? no way.

matt lindland, and couture are olympic caliber wrestlers, gsp isn't on that level.
__________________
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot
JoshKnows46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 20,728
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The fact 92.8% of the forum are attached to his nuts doesn't play a part ?
See your assuming that they think he is a phenomenal wrestler because they are attatched to his nuts, the reality is they are attached to his nuts because he is a phenomenal wrestler.

Seriously GSP has made some of the best wrestlers to ever step into the octagon (Hughes/Kos) look like complete amateurs, Hughes was the most dominant wrestling based fighter in history of the sport and GSP made him look like he had never took a wrestling class in his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
so your telling me gsp can out wrestle dan henderson, or chael sonnon? no way.

matt lindland, and couture are olympic caliber wrestlers, gsp isn't on that level.
The Canadian Olympic team feel otherwise but then again you would be the expert, what do they know?
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Shoegazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 766
Shoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The fact 92.8% of the forum are attached to his nuts doesn't play a part ?
I despise Greasy Georges, actually. But he's the best wrestler.
Shoegazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
JoshKnows46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 971
JoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud ofJoshKnows46 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
See your assuming that they think he is a phenomenal wrestler because they are attatched to his nuts, the reality is they are attached to his nuts because he is a phenomenal wrestler.

Seriously GSP has made some of the best wrestlers to ever step into the octagon (Hughes/Kos) look like complete amateurs, Hughes was the most dominant wrestling based fighter in history of the sport and GSP made him look like he had never took a wrestling class in his life.



The Canadian Olympic team feel otherwise but then again you would be the expert, what do they know?
The canadian olympic wrestling team sucks, they'd pick up almost anyone, and george has still yet to try out for the olympics....matt lindland is a silver metalist.

this post by roflcopter sums it up...

Quote:
FILA's Total Team Rankings

Total team ranking
Rank ↓ Country ↓ 1st place ↓ 2nd place ↓ 3rd place ↓
1 USSR 48 5 1
2 Russia 16 13 4
3 Japan 14 8 1
4 Turkey 7 6 9
5 USA 4 13 11
6 Iran 4 4 13
7 Georgia 2 1 2
8 Bulgaria 1 20 15
9 Hungary 1 6 3
10 Sweden 1 4 0
11 Cuba 1 3 5
12 Norway 1 3 0
13 China 1 2 2
14 Azerbaijan 1 1 1
15 Poland 0 3 5
16 Ukraine 0 2 3
17 Romania 0 1 8
18 Finland 0 1 4
19 Canada 0 1 3
20 East Germany 0 1 2
20 France 1 1 1
22 South Korea 0 1 1
22 Germany 0 1 1
24 Kazakhstan 0 1 0
24 Venezuela 0 1 0
26 Chinese Taipei 0 0 3
27 Mongolia 0 0 1




The funny thing in his argument that I'm refuting is that MMA TDD is an extension of wrestling ability, which is incredibly false. The ability to take someone down also isn't an extension of wrestling ability, wrestlers have an easier time doing it because they are used to shooting. But you don't take down a man standing vertically, knocking his own balance off by striking, nor do you take someone down and they land on their back in wrestling. If you take someone down on their back in wrestling they're about to lose...
__________________
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot

Last edited by JoshKnows46 : 01-01-2010 at 10:50 PM.
JoshKnows46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,939
Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
See your assuming that they think he is a phenomenal wrestler because they are attatched to his nuts, the reality is they are attached to his nuts because he is a phenomenal wrestler.

Seriously GSP has made some of the best wrestlers to ever step into the octagon (Hughes/Kos) look like complete amateurs, Hughes was the most dominant wrestling based fighter in history of the sport and GSP made him look like he had never took a wrestling class in his life.



The Canadian Olympic team feel otherwise but then again you would be the expert, what do they know?
US Olympic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Canada Olympic

Not to mention he didn't actually make the team.

He is probably the best wrestler when applied to MMA because of his explosiveness and his ability to take guys down and control them.

HOWEVER

Don't bank on him taking fighters down that gameplan for wrestling. Mind you he outwrestled Koscheck, but he also outwrestled a Koscheck that was unprepared. At the time, GSP was an explosive athlete, but nowhere near touted the quality of wrestler he is now. The announcers even state during the fight that Koscheck was training EXCLUSIVELY striking(straight from the mouth of Goldberg).

I don't think I'm grasping for straws when I say that Koscheck was not expecting GSP to wrestle with him. In a rematch I don't see it going the same way. Although I still would take GSP in that match, he just wouldn't dominate the takedowns like he did before.
Roflcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,610
Hellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
US Olympic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Canada Olympic

Not to mention he didn't actually make the team.

He is probably the best wrestler when applied to MMA because of his explosiveness and his ability to take guys down and control them.

HOWEVER

Don't bank on him taking fighters down that gameplan for wrestling. Mind you he outwrestled Koscheck, but he also outwrestled a Koscheck that was unprepared. At the time, GSP was an explosive athlete, but nowhere near touted the quality of wrestler he is now. The announcers even state during the fight that Koscheck was training EXCLUSIVELY striking(straight from the mouth of Goldberg).

I don't think I'm grasping for straws when I say that Koscheck was not expecting GSP to wrestle with him. In a rematch I don't see it going the same way. Although I still would take GSP in that match, he just wouldn't dominate the takedowns like he did before.
Yep.

Koscheck was the first victim of the post-Serra monster that is GSP and was able to win a round on 2 of the judges scorecard.

He probably gets KO'd standing if they ever do fight again.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
Amateur
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 118
donE85hot Needs A HugdonE85hot Needs A HugdonE85hot Needs A HugdonE85hot Needs A HugdonE85hot Needs A HugdonE85hot Needs A HugdonE85hot Needs A Hug
Muhammed Lawal
Wrestling Credentials

2008 U.S. Senior National Championships: 1st Place
2008 Golden Grand Prix International: 2nd Place
2007 U.S. Senior National Championships: 1st Place
2007 Golden Grand Prix International Open: 1st Place
2005 U.S. Senior National Championships: 1st Place
2005 U.S. World Team Trials: 1st Place
2005 World Wrestling Championships: 7th Place
2003 NCAA Division I National Championships: 3rd Place
2003 NCAA Division I Big 12 Champion
2002 NCAA Division II National Championships: 1st Place
2001 NCAA Division II National Championships: 2nd Place

GSP
NONE
donE85hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
JimmyJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago in my heart, Mabank Texas under my feet.
Posts: 1,828
JimmyJames Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJimmyJames Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJimmyJames Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJimmyJames Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJimmyJames Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJimmyJames Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJimmyJames Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJimmyJames Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJimmyJames Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJimmyJames Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJimmyJames Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
US Olympic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Canada Olympic

Not to mention he didn't actually make the team.

He is probably the best wrestler when applied to MMA because of his explosiveness and his ability to take guys down and control them.

HOWEVER

Don't bank on him taking fighters down that gameplan for wrestling. Mind you he outwrestled Koscheck, but he also outwrestled a Koscheck that was unprepared. At the time, GSP was an explosive athlete, but nowhere near touted the quality of wrestler he is now. The announcers even state during the fight that Koscheck was training EXCLUSIVELY striking(straight from the mouth of Goldberg).

I don't think I'm grasping for straws when I say that Koscheck was not expecting GSP to wrestle with him. In a rematch I don't see it going the same way. Although I still would take GSP in that match, he just wouldn't dominate the takedowns like he did before.

Koscheck stated in an interview that he doesnt train wrestling for MMA matches because he believes that his wrestling is good enough for MMA while his striking was piss poor at the time.
JimmyJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 20,728
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
The canadian olympic wrestling team sucks, they'd pick up almost anyone, and george has still yet to try out for the olympics....matt lindland is a silver metalist.

this post by roflcopter sums it up...
So he isn't an Olympic level wrestler I bring up the the Canadian Olympic team actually wanted him to try out in 2008 and you instead change your opinion and now just try to discredit the Canadian Olympic team. Funny how the minute your discredited you just change your argument. Yeah Matt Lindland WAS a great wrestler but he hasn't looked good since he fought Fedor almost 3 years ago fact is Lindland isn't training hard and he has never adapted to MMA to the degree GSP has.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios