Nog talks Cain, Mir and Fedor - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,176
Blog Entries: 14
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructibl3 View Post
Yeah I say Nog takes this one against Cain, he'll otustrike Cain on the feet and be dangerous on the ground. I have a feeling though that Cain won't be in a hurry to get this one to the ground.
Why, if his BJJ is as good as we've been talking about?


Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Flyweight
 
Cptmats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 235
                     
For a young fighter with only seven pro fights cain does look decent, i will say that, but i think he is way out of his leauge here. Everyone says Nog has to take a beating to pull off his subs but its just not true. Yeh he can take one but dosnt always. His hands are among the best in the world at HW,his subs are secong only to Fedor At HW He can GnP with the best of them and i dont beleive ive ever seen him even come close to gassing. IMO if cain gets a take down he will get swept and GnP'ed to a UD If he tries to stand With Nog he will prolly get dropped pretty quick and subbed before he knows whats happening.

I really beleive that The Nog Bros. will be HW and LHW champs before 2010 is over

Last edited by Cptmats; 02-09-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Cptmats is offline  
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 2,638
                     
we all know Cain can get a TD, we all know Nog is great at sweeps and defensive BJJ the real big question is the stand up. I think alot of ppl will be surprised when Cain outstrikes Nog. Nog isnt a world stopper boxer regardless of the hype. Ppl say he looked so good vs Randy but truth is he had a ton of holes and Randy landed some shots. I would venture to say if he performed like he did against Randy vs Mir again, he would get KTFO again, randy just isnt that great of a striker and when he couldnt control nog on the cage or the ground he was pretty much done.

Nog has decent hands. Nothing special like some ppl seem to say. He never stops fights with strikes and his combos arent that fast or powerful. It should be interested with Cain and him standing toe to toe, neither really has big power i just think Cain will surprise with the speed, aggression and versatility. We shall see, i can tell you that Cains standup is alot better then ppl give credit, he can take Buentello in straight boxing rounds at AKA, not that Buentello is the be all of MMA striking but he is a decent boxer himself.

actually watching Herring rock and hurt and win a round vs Big Nog... giving me hope Cain is 10x the everything Heath is now, did i mention Cain can throw nasty (head) kicks aswell :P
alizio is offline  
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 01:00 AM
Middleweight
 
steveo412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,422
                     
Anyone else think this fight is gonna be like the Luis Cain Little Nog fight? Not that Nog will KO him but he is just going to be straight up better than an upcoming guy like Velasquez, I dunno these fights seem so similar like you think it might be a good fight but Nog might just destroy him
steveo412 is offline  
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 01:04 AM
Flyweight
 
Cptmats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 235
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizio View Post
Randy vs Mir again, he would get KTFO again, randy just isnt that great of a striker and when he couldnt control nog on the cage or the ground he was pretty much done.

Nog has decent hands. Nothing special like some ppl seem to say. He never stops fights with strikes and his combos arent that fast or powerful. It should be interested with Cain and him standing toe to toe, neither really has big power i just think Cain will surprise with the speed, aggression and versatility. We shall see, i can tell you that Cains standup is alot better then ppl give credit, he can take Buentello in straight boxing rounds at AKA, not that Buentello is the be all of MMA striking but he is a decent boxer himself.

actually watching Herring rock and hurt and win a round vs Big Nog... giving me hope Cain is 10x the everything Heath is now, did i mention Cain can throw nasty (head) kicks aswell :P
Some things you need to consider are Randy has a strong boxing back round, his boxing is very solid, he just a small HW, im not basing Nogs hand on the Couture fight im talking about all the Guys before that he killed in the stand up. Did you watch much of his pride fights, like the two against barnett, to be honest judging by the congo fight i would have to say cains stand up look kinda weak.
Herring never rocked NOG, hurt him but didnt rock, people dont wince in pain when thier barly concious, to say his hands are nothing special is kinda foolish. He spent an entire year with the cubin national boxing team, widely recognized as the best boxing camp in the world.
Cptmats is offline  
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 2,638
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptmats View Post
Some things you need to consider are Randy has a strong boxing back round, his boxing is very solid, he just a small HW, im not basing Nogs hand on the Couture fight im talking about all the Guys before that he killed in the stand up. Did you watch much of his pride fights, like the two against barnett, to be honest judging by the congo fight i would have to say cains stand up look kinda weak.
Herring never rocked NOG, hurt him but didnt rock, people dont wince in pain when thier barly concious, to say his hands are nothing special is kinda foolish. He spent an entire year with the cubin national boxing team, widely recognized as the best boxing camp in the world.
i dont think nog is a joke standing, he has stood with some of the best strikers in the division, i just dont see him really finishing fights on the feet and i think even in the randy fight he didnt look as sharp or fast as in fights past but i guess the same can be said for randy.

nog has the experience and technique to edge out Cain for sure either standing or on the ground, i really do think Cain has a style advantage but alot of this battle will be mental for Cain since this is really his coming out party, alot of pressure and he has never been in there vs a legend like this , i like his approach tho, just another fight, no need to mind **** yourself with nogs accomplishments.
alizio is offline  
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 04:18 AM
Flyweight
 
Johnni G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 468
                     
Nog vs Mir have always sounded like a good match to me.
Johnni G is offline  
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 06:27 AM
Flyweight
 
Cptmats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 235
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizio View Post
i dont think nog is a joke standing, he has stood with some of the best strikers in the division, i just dont see him really finishing fights on the feet and i think even in the randy fight he didnt look as sharp or fast as in fights past but i guess the same can be said for randy.

nog has the experience and technique to edge out Cain for sure either standing or on the ground, i really do think Cain has a style advantage but alot of this battle will be mental for Cain since this is really his coming out party, alot of pressure and he has never been in there vs a legend like this , i like his approach tho, just another fight, no need to mind **** yourself with nogs accomplishments.
Your right about him not finishing fights with his stand up but he mixes it all together well. IM sure Cain will be a great fighter one day. This match up reminds me alot of Shogun vs Lil Nog where Lil Nog won the stand up but Shogun ground out a split with take downs and GnP but i think experience and subs will be the dif i this one. It will be a great fight to watch regaurdless.
Cptmats is offline  
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 08:20 AM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,163
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptmats View Post
For a young fighter with only seven pro fights cain does look decent, i will say that, but i think he is way out of his leauge here. Everyone says Nog has to take a beating to pull off his subs but its just not true. Yeh he can take one but dosnt always. His hands are among the best in the world at HW,his subs are secong only to Fedor At HW He can GnP with the best of them and i dont beleive ive ever seen him even come close to gassing. IMO if cain gets a take down he will get swept and GnP'ed to a UD If he tries to stand With Nog he will prolly get dropped pretty quick and subbed before he knows whats happening.

I really beleive that The Nog Bros. will be HW and LHW champs before 2010 is over
I think that is wishful thinking. Not to mention that Lyoto is fighting Shogun and then Couture, I doubt Little Nog will get a title shot this year. Same with Big Nog. Whenever Lesnar comes back, he will be fighting either Mir or Carwin, so I doubt either of them will get title shots. Especially little Nog.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Claudia Gadelha - Tecia Torres - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye - Diaz Bro's

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is online now  
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto - Canada
Posts: 713
                     
You guys say Nog needs to take a beating and gas his opponent before he can win.

Lets take a look at WHO these opponents are we are talking about here. WORLD CLASS fighters! That is who. Cain might do good while training but honestly he is not the first fighter to step into the cage with a lot of "hype" and end up being mediocre.

If and when Cain wins this fight, he will have proved something but untill then. I see this fight heavily in Nog's favour.

Nog striking is equal if not BETTER then that we have seen from Cain's. I would argue quite a bit better.

Experiance hands down NOG

BJJ....are we really going to think Cain can hang with him when MIR was reluctant to take it to the ground. Just an example, im sure Mir would do fine.

Both have good Heart, but obviously Nog has legendary heart LOL

Chin NOG 100% although Cain has a decent chin from what we have seen. I do remember him getting dropped by Kongo quite a few times but recovered fine.

Conditioning CAIN.

Wrestling CAIN, although I think its impossible for him to get the LNP victory. Ground and pound TKO maybe.


What we have here is a good fight.
NATAS is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome