Velasquez Ready For Title Shot? Dana Agrees - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Flyweight
 
JonCR96Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 207
                     
Nog looked like shit. He was stiff and looked scared to engage. He looked much better against Couture.

But any of those guys would beat Fedor, including Roy Nelson. Wait a minute, is this the Strike Force Section? Why is anyone even talking about Fedor?
JonCR96Z is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,553
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samborules View Post
Forget Fedor, I know you think he stumbled on his 31-1 record and Brock's 4-1 record is a lot more impressive but please answer my question, why is Carwin's record more impressive than Grim's. Pretty simple question, actually. I wait for your answer.
Carwin is in the best mma league in the world. Grim isn't. Carwin has a better wrestling resume. I hope Grim comes over eventually. I think he's still young and could potentially be much better.

Now why am I certain you'll be outraged by that answer? After all, Grim hung pretty well with the the invincible one.

Look, dude, I don't hate the guy. And I don't think it's totally his fault he's so overrated. It's a little his fault though. But for sure he was the best of a passing HW division. But it's passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonCR96Z View Post
But any of those guys would beat Fedor, including Roy Nelson.
I think Fedor takes Roy. There, see, does that sound like a hater to you?

Last edited by Calminian; 02-22-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Calminian is offline  
post #23 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 780
                     
i say assuming brock is gonna be till the end of summer, if thats even close to accurate, put the winner of carwin/mir angainst cain and promote the winner from interim to full heavyweight champion. the 3 have done things worthy of fighting for the title, but since that isnt possible the interim title will have to do.
Syxx Paq is offline  
post #24 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 2,638
                     
Cain is the most well rounded, fastest HW with the best cardio, of course he is ready. The only real comparison in any of these categories is some pudgy Russian guy i forget the name of ATM.

ive backed off my Cain should get a title shot stance since watching a couple Cain interviews. I agree. Who cares who it is, aslong as Brown Pride keeps smashing ppl, that gold is gonna end up on his waist one day or another.

So everybody put their heads together, the FUTURE is here, tell me who you think can beat him?? tell Dana. lets line them all up. Cain isnt looking for a break, he isnt looking for easy stylistic matchups, has beens or nobodies.

Bring Cain the toughest guy, the guy everybody thinks he cant beat.

Ill tell you what, regardless of the ignorance a 3some of Kongo, Rothwell and Big Nog has almost 90 fights on their resume who had lost via TKO's a total of 4 TIMES COMBINED. Think about it. All 3 are known for being warriors and having iron jaws and will power. All 3 left smashed, broken, bloody and beaten men.

ppl really need to understand how ridiculously impressive that is.

Last edited by alizio; 02-22-2010 at 01:53 PM.
alizio is offline  
post #25 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Bantamweight
 
Samborules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 659
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calminian View Post
Carwin is in the best mma league in the world. Grim isn't. Carwin has a better wrestling resume. I hope Grim comes over eventually. I think he's still young and could potentially be much better.

Now why am I certain you'll be outraged by that answer? After all, Grim hung pretty well with the the invincible one.

Look, dude, I don't hate the guy. And I don't think it's totally his fault he's so overrated. It's a little his fault though. But for sure he was the best of a passing HW division. But it's passed.




I think Fedor takes Roy. There, see, does that sound like a hater to you?
Woooow....Carwin's best win is Gonzaga, the other dudes he beat have a combined losing record. Grim beat AA and did hang tough with Fedor. Carwin may be in the best division but he has not faced anyone good in that division yet. I can be in that division too but if I have not fought anyone in it, what does that prove?

I think its laughable that people shrug Fedor off as someone who stumbled on 31 wins. Until someone beats him he is still the best IMO. But don't take my word for it ask the actual fighters what they believe.


Fedor would crush Nelson

Last edited by Samborules; 02-22-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Samborules is offline  
post #26 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,553
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samborules View Post
Woooow....Carwin's best win is Gonzaga, the other dudes he beat have a combined losing record. Grim beat AA and did hang tough with Fedor. Carwin may be in the best division but he has not faced anyone good in that division yet. I can be in that division too but if I have not fought anyone in it, what does that prove?

I think its laughable that people shrug Fedor off as someone who stumbled on 31 wins. Until someone beats him he is still the best IMO. But don't take my word for it ask the actual fighters what they believe.


Fedor would crush Nelson
Hopefully I speak for all when I say I'll give you the last word.
Calminian is offline  
post #27 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
VolcomX311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 4,020
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizio View Post
Cain is the most well rounded, fastest HW with the best cardio, of course he is ready. The only real comparison in any of these categories is some pudgy Russian guy i forget the name of ATM.

ive backed off my Cain should get a title shot stance since watching a couple Cain interviews. I agree. Who cares who it is, aslong as Brown Pride keeps smashing ppl, that gold is gonna end up on his waist one day or another.

So everybody put their heads together, the FUTURE is here, tell me who you think can beat him?? tell Dana. lets line them all up. Cain isnt looking for a break, he isnt looking for easy stylistic matchups, has beens or nobodies.

Bring Cain the toughest guy, the guy everybody thinks he cant beat.

Ill tell you what, regardless of the ignorance a 3some of Kongo, Rothwell and Big Nog has almost 90 fights on their resume who had lost via TKO's a total of 4 TIMES COMBINED. Think about it. All 3 are known for being warriors and having iron jaws and will power. All 3 left smashed, broken, bloody and beaten men.

ppl really need to understand how ridiculously impressive that is.
I have to admit, for a HW, his striking looked fantastic. I don't think I've ever taken notice of his striking ability, as it was displayed this weekend.

I think he has the power to KO any HW, including my boy Brock. If or when the two fight, I'll be the first to admit I would hope that Brock takes it to the ground ASAP.
VolcomX311 is offline  
post #28 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Bantamweight
 
Samborules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 659
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calminian View Post
Hopefully I speak for all when I say I'll give you the last word.
How nice of you not to let the facts get in the way of our discussion. Your theory that Carwin is better because he fights in the UFC is silly. So is Jardine better than Mousasi because Jardine fights in the UFC? Seriously. Your logic is flawed.
Samborules is offline  
post #29 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
VolcomX311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 4,020
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samborules View Post
Fedor would crush Nelson
I didn't even know this wasn't just assumed knowledge.
VolcomX311 is offline  
post #30 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 2,638
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
I have to admit, for a HW, his striking looked fantastic. I don't think I've ever taken notice of his striking ability, as it was displayed this weekend.

I think he has the power to KO any HW, including my boy Brock. If or when the two fight, I'll be the first to admit I would hope that Brock takes it to the ground ASAP.
2nd highest striking % in the UFC?? it was always there, ppl just kept their eyes closed.

i dont think Cain has lost a round yet?? i cant recall one.

Give the man that Machida like hype and endless commercials for a fight with Brock. Believe me, UFC will get Latino love like never before and it will draw BIG numbers.

Last edited by alizio; 02-22-2010 at 03:25 PM.
alizio is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome