Who loses first?
Ok, so I'm thinking, out of the current UFC Champions, who is going to be the first to lose their belt.
In fact, in your opinion, in what ORDER will the champions lose their belt?
In my opinion, this is how I see it.
Not knocking his abilities obviously, but out of the 5, I think he is the one who could lose it in his next fight. I really do see Mir beating him or Cain if he gets there first.
The guy is great and just awesomely elusive but Shogun had the better game plan and showed that he is beatable. He fits in next in line because I think the next 3 really are something special.
Ok, I have like zero reasoning for this, but it came to number 3 and I have to pick one of the remaining!! GSP's weakness is his stand up (although it is still way ahead of most in the division!) so maybe he gets Serra's again?!
I don't think he loses in the Lightweight division, I just can't see it. I think he relinquish's the title when (IF) GSP loses and he goes after that. (Obviously I know that he can hold both, but still, just for fun ;) )
5. Anderson Silva
He retires and gets stripped. Only way he loses!!
Now guy's, your opinions? I know that there is really is nothing between some of them, but let me hear your thoughts!
1). Lesnar - The heavy weight division is extremely deep with contenders right now and I see JDS, Cain, Mir and Carwin all giving him a good fight and possibly defeating him.
2). Machida - Until he shows he can defeat Shogun impressivley he'll stay at my number 2 spot as well. He'd probably be closer to the number one spot if Silva or Lil Nog would actually fight him. If he gets past Shogun however I think he'll drop down the list to a safer spot.
3). GSP - Same reasons as LJ, he can possibly get Serra'd again and if that were to happen Hardy is probably the guy to do it. Do I think he'll lose his title soon? No.
4). Anderson Silva - Maia has (albeit slim) a chance to pull off a wonder sub out of no where. And I think Cahel can prove some problems for Silva in the early rounds with his wrestling, so unless Silva can finish him quickly while it's standing or in the later rounds I think Chael could take a UD.
5). BJ Penn - No way he loses at LW. Vanquishes title if he moves up, or gets stripped due to inactivity at 155. There isn't a fighter at 155 in the UFC LW division I can see even making him blink twice right now.
1) Lyoto Machida - I rate Machida highly, but Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua is a beast at 205lbs, and I do not see Machida scraping past him again. I see Shogun winning the rematch and taking the 205lb belt.
2) Brock Lesnar - I don't see Brock losing to Mir again, or Carwin; but, I do see Velasquez and Dos Santos as serious threats to his crown. Velasquez has the wrestling to defend the takedown, and could then smash Brock on the feet. Fights against Cain and JDS would be very entertaining!
3) Georges St-Pierre - GSP's not losing that title anytime soon, but if it does happen, I see Paul Daley taking it. GSP has been beaten on the feet before, by Matt Serra, and if Semtex can defend GSP's takedowns, then he has a serious chance of knocking St-Pierre out. He has tremendous Muay Thai, and is one of the most impressive technical strikers in the UFC. I still don't see GSP getting beat for a while though.
4) Anderson Silva - I see Silva getting past Maia fairly comfortably, but when Chael Sonnen gets a go at Silva we could really see him tested for the first time. Sonnen's not going to have the arrogance of Henderson and try and stand with Silva, he's going to be looking to take him down time and time again, and he's got good enough wrestling to do it. If Sonnen has a good night against Silva, he could very well win the fight. He would have to be wary of the submission, and Silva standing at the start of every round too though.
5. BJ Penn - I've not really been a BJ Penn fan until fairly recently, and I honestly do not see him losing the 155lb belt. He's getting better, his conditioning is getting better and he just looks a level above everyone at LW. Florian, Gomi and possibly Sotiropoulos could challenge him, but I don't see any of them beating BJ Penn. Almost time to move upto 170 permanently I tihnk BJ.
1) Lyoto machida
This is the most competitive weight class and machida doesn't seem to be head and shoulders above everyone.
2) Anderson silva
I feel like sonnen has a very good chance. His wrestling has yet to be tested. Henderson is a greco wrestler, very different from freestyle and folkstyle. Greco wrestlers like getting in the clinch. Not a good idea with Silva
3)Georges St Pierre
I really don't see how anyone could beat him really. The next three are almost equal, but I said GSP because a heavy hitter could get that lucky punch. I don't see that happening anywhere else.
4) Brock Lesnar
How can a man beat a gorilla? If Brock was smart he would take down every fighter and do what he did to Mir. Even a wrestler in cain is not gonna be able to stop those takedowns and Ground and smash
5) BJ penn
Only way he loses his title is if an apple falls out of the sky and injures or kills him.
1.) Lesnar due to lack of experience
2.) George St Pierre due to weak chin
3.) Lyoto Machida due to incredibly talented weight division
4.) Anderson Silva due to a really good wrestler
5.) BJ Penn due to...nothing, since it's never going to happen.
1. Lyoto Machida - Until he can prove me wrong, I have him as the nr 2 LHW in UFC behind Shogun. Rematch is gonna give us a lot of answers about these two.
2. Anderson Silva - Anderson is an absolute beast when on top of his game, but I'm beginning to question his motivation to keep fighting. If Sonnen gets a shot anything can happen.
3. Brock Lesnar - Has proven himself as a top heavyweight. Absense from the ring will not be a problem. This guy trains ridiculously hard, and he will come back stronger then ever. Can't see him losing to Cain.
4. Georges St. Pierre - Seems to do nothing wrong. The only way he can lose to Hardy is by a flash KO, but I don't see it happening.
5. BJ Penn - The Prodigy is untouchable as a lightweight.
1) Machida - arrguably the most stacked division, coming off a less then steller performance against Rua, he is not above anyone in the division like other champs are
2) Lesnar - coming back from a big illness, he might need 1 fight to get him back into MMA, but I dont really see anyone beating Lesnar when hes 100%, best shot is JDS, and cain will get stomped because of his size.
3) GSP - nothing negative about the guy, just the other two might be better, and GSP is facing a tougher opponent for his next fight
4) Silva - same as GSP mostly, he will get a easy victory against Maia which is why is he #4
5) Penn - He is inhuman at 155, nobody can even come close to him in that division and will probably give the title up after he faces Gomi
Brock Lesnar: The HW division is growing very quickly and their are many dangerous up and comers that can challenge Brock greatly.
Lyoto Machida: The LHW division is arguably the most stacked division in all of MMA. There is a lot of top talent here that Machida has yet to face and the top fighters are all extremely dangerous fighters. His upcoming fight with Shogun will prove another tough test for Machida.
GSP:St. Pierre has dominated most of the top fighters, but fighters like Koscheck and Fitch have improved since fighting GSP. There are also fighters like Paul Daley and Dan Hardy who have the KO power to catch GSP at any time.
BJ Penn Penn losing the title is very doubtful but the LW division has some very good fighters that can threaten Penn. I think that Florian will have a much different gameplan if they meet again and we can't forget that Gomi wants a shot at Penn as well.
Anderson Silva: I don't think Silva is the most well rounded champion in the UFC, but I think that the MW division is the weakest division right now. Silva has rarely been in trouble and if he gets past Maia, I am not sure who will take him out. I think that Vitor is his toughest test and with Silva fighting soon and Vitor injured, I am not sure when they will meet.
I think the general consensus is Lesner first right?
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 , Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.