Michael Bisping too small for LHW Division? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Das Übermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,633
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge
Rashad would be a close second. I think if the 2 would fight Bisping would pick him apart standing up, obviously Rashad would want to get him to the ground, but most of the Bisping fights I've seen he's been proven to get out of scary situations, and obviously does well on his back...it would be a good fight but I think Bisping would take him.

That's not downing Rashad though, guy has loads of potential as well..just Bisping, man I just can't say enough about that dude.

Of course Koscheck and Diego are in the mix as well, unfortunately for them they are in a killer division.
bisping pick evans apart on the stand up? brad imes at 6`7 was losing the standup battle to rashad, and he has greatly improved since then. i don't know why there is such a common belief that rashad evans is some sort of wrestler ground n pound fighter, because he is very well rounded, has very quick hands, and is explosive as ****
wukkadb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by wukkadb
bisping pick evans apart on the stand up? brad imes at 6`7 was losing the standup battle to rashad, and he has greatly improved since then. i don't know why there is such a common belief that rashad evans is some sort of wrestler ground n pound fighter, because he is very well rounded, has very quick hands, and is explosive as ****
I can see your point. I am still amazed Rashad stood with Brad Imes like he did. Imes skill level wasn't great but the size.....man. And then Rashad moves to LHW! But I don't think that is analogous to how the stand up would go with Bisping. I agree with the droog, Alex, that Bisping would win the stand up. Bispings stand up is fun to watch and you can tell he is loving every minute of it. Bisping would win the stand up but I feel like Rashad could get Bisping down.

A groan of tedium escapes me...
Halebop is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Das Übermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,633
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop
I can see your point. I am still amazed Rashad stood with Brad Imes like he did. Imes skill level wasn't great but the size.....man. And then Rashad moves to LHW! But I don't think that is analogous to how the stand up would go with Bisping. I agree with the droog, Alex, that Bisping would win the stand up. Bispings stand up is fun to watch and you can tell he is loving every minute of it. Bisping would win the stand up but I feel like Rashad could get Bisping down.
I'm not denying that Bisping's standup is better than Rashads, just trying to get my point across that people should definitely not underestimate Rashad Evans standup and explosiveness.
wukkadb is offline  
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by wukkadb
I'm not denying that Bisping's standup is better than Rashads, just trying to get my point across that people should definitely not underestimate Rashad Evans standup and explosiveness.
Absolutely agree I bet you are as frustrated as I am that we are getting Evans v. ugh...Salma--...ugh Salmonotgonnaworkhereanymore!

A groan of tedium escapes me...
Halebop is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
Alex_DeLarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,223
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by wukkadb
bisping pick evans apart on the stand up? brad imes at 6`7 was losing the standup battle to rashad, and he has greatly improved since then. i don't know why there is such a common belief that rashad evans is some sort of wrestler ground n pound fighter, because he is very well rounded, has very quick hands, and is explosive as ****
I never said Rashad was a pure wrestler, his stand-up has improved no doubt, and he is an explosive fighter, but Bispings striking clearly overmatches Rashads, I think if they were on their feet the majority of the time Bisping would pick him apart, of course that wouldn't be Rashads gameplan, so it would be a good fight...I still would see Bisping coming out the winner.

You're just a cook...
Alex_DeLarge is offline  
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 04:45 PM
:|.Pie.|:
 
ZeroPRIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,859
                     
I like Bisping but damn man if Evans hits Bisping like he hit Brad its lights out for him. Evans is very explosive, damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
****en asd
ZeroPRIDE is offline  
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
Alex_DeLarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,223
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adora
I like Bisping but damn man if Evans hits Bisping like he hit Brad its lights out for him. Evans is very explosive, damn.
Yes, but one reason why Evans was able to land so many big blows was because Imes was gassed going into the second round...

Bisping has insane cardio, waay better defense than Brad Imes, and waaay better striking.

If Bisping lands any combinations what so ever it could be lights out for Evans. Bisping has crazy combos.

You're just a cook...
Alex_DeLarge is offline  
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 04:59 PM
:|.Pie.|:
 
ZeroPRIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,859
                     
Dude i know. Just read my sig, thats what i think of him. But IF one of those lightning fast punched gets through....i really hate saying that, I wonder how good is his recovery? Im sure its good because of his great cardio

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
****en asd
ZeroPRIDE is offline  
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Forum OG
 
Robb2140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 3,061
                     
Bisping looks like a beast so far. He is undefeated and has won all of his fights by KO. I cannot speak for his fights in the U.K., because I have never seen them, but Bisping has to beat a quality opponent before we can say that he is the real deal. All his matches on TUF were against cans and Eric Schafer is B- fighter. I would like to see him fight Forrest or Bonner to get an idea on how good he is.

If he struggles with them then he needs a few fights before facing guys like Tito, Rashad, Jardine or Babalu.
Robb2140 is offline  
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 07:25 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
rmazzuca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 97
         
I like Bisping, he has shown some nice skills, however i cant say i was too impressed with his performance at 66. He was getting taken down left right and center. I would have thought training with Matt Hamil and Ortiz he would have developed better take down defense.
rmazzuca is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome