Karo Parisyan at UFC 68 - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 01-12-2007, 04:14 PM   #21 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
jdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
im hearing Kos and Karo will be doing battle. I do not see Karo throwin Kos the way he did Diego. Kos will win this fight because he is too expolsive and Karo wont be able to stop the takedowns. Sherk beat Karo with wrestling, and Kos will too.
__________________



Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
TheJame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,615
TheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to behold
I'd love to see me some Diaz vs. Parisyan II.

That fight will always be a favourite of mine to watch.
TheJame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
attention whore
 
Damone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Branson, Missouri
Posts: 14,445
Blog Entries: 1
Damone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like Tuna
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawShattera
the day sanchez fights st.peirre is the day he gets his ass kicked.
I don't know about that. Diego has shown that he fights better under pressure, and the one fight he looked bad in was a throw away bout against John Alessio(Who ran away from Diego, and didn't really do all that much), and that's because Diego had some kind of virus.

His fights with Diaz, Riggs, & Karo make me believe he'd hold his own in there against GSP. Now, I'd pick GSP to win, but it'd be a 5 rounder.
__________________
Damone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:20 PM   #24 (permalink)
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
WouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He Crosses
**** waiting a year for GSP I think Sanchez could take him now. Are you guys serious? A year? Haha that's ridiculous! GSP is NOT that great. He is good but he is not THAT much better than Diego. He's definately not more experienced and he's definately not an unstoppable machine like everyone seems to think. Diego could definately take him, maybe even win a decision or TKO. Diego absolutely massacred Nick Diaz and that was quite a while ago. He looked like GSP destroying Jay Heiron, only difference is Jay Heiron would get massacred by Nick Diaz. GSP's standup isn't that great, I don't care what you all say. He has no power for how big he is. He hit Heiron like 40 times before he even knocked him down. As big as GSP is he should be KOing people left and right. When he fights standing up he looks like he is sparring. He just doesn't hardly put any snap or power into his strikes at all.

Diego didn't fluke KO Riggs. First of all he punched him and knocked him down. Knocking someone down after punching them in the jaw isn't a fluke. And then he had that knee perfectly timed to where if it was 1 second sooner it woulda been illegal and 1 second later it woulda been blocked. Not a fluke KO at all he showed he has very good boxing skills in that fight with Riggs. His standup is definately improved and I would more than likely bet on Diego right now if he were to fight GSP. GSP is good no doubt about that but his standup is not all that fantastic. It would be a lot better if he actually put a little more power behind his shots. I did kickboxing for 9 years and I know because I used to be the same way. He has good accuracy but he just punches so softly it seriously looks like a sparring match with him. If anyone else has done kickboxing then you would agree just watch his fight with BJ, I think that was the best example. That and he telegraphs his kicks like no other. I still can't believe Hughes didn't see that thing coming hahaah. Almost KOing Hughes with a kick while Hughes was shooting doesn't impress me all that much. Good accuracy but he could have easily knocked him out cold with that kick if he tried. I wanna see GSP fight a stiker and see what happens. Well I guess BJ is somewhat of a striker, and look what happened there.

Last edited by WouldLuv2FightU : 01-12-2007 at 06:27 PM.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
Halebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
**** waiting a year for GSP I think Sanchez could take him now. Are you guys serious? A year? Haha that's ridiculous! GSP is NOT that great. He is good but he is not THAT much better than Diego. He's definately not more experienced and he's definately not an unstoppable machine like everyone seems to think. Diego could definately take him, maybe even win a decision or TKO. Diego absolutely massacred Nick Diaz and that was quite a while ago. He looked like GSP destroying Jay Heiron, only difference is Jay Heiron would get massacred by Nick Diaz. GSP's standup isn't that great, I don't care what you all say. He has no power for how big he is. He hit Heiron like 40 times before he even knocked him down. As big as GSP is he should be KOing people left and right. When he fights standing up he looks like he is sparring. He just doesn't hardly put any snap or power into his strikes at all.

Diego didn't fluke KO Riggs. First of all he punched him and knocked him down. Knocking someone down after punching them in the jaw isn't a fluke. And then he had that knee perfectly timed to where if it was 1 second sooner it woulda been illegal and 1 second later it woulda been blocked. Not a fluke KO at all he showed he has very good boxing skills in that fight with Riggs. His standup is definately improved and I would more than likely bet on Diego right now if he were to fight GSP. GSP is good no doubt about that but his standup is not all that fantastic. It would be a lot better if he actually put a little more power behind his shots. I did kickboxing for 9 years and I know because I used to be the same way. He has good accuracy but he just punches so softly it seriously looks like a sparring match with him. If anyone else has done kickboxing then you would agree just watch his fight with BJ, I think that was the best example. That and he telegraphs his kicks like no other. I still can't believe Hughes didn't see that thing coming hahaah. Almost KOing Hughes with a kick while Hughes was shooting doesn't impress me all that much. Good accuracy but he could have easily knocked him out cold with that kick if he tried. I wanna see GSP fight a stiker and see what happens. Well I guess BJ is somewhat of a striker, and look what happened there.

YYYYYYEP Well said and Hell Yes. Go look at GSP's record and look at Diego's. They started about the same time. Just because GSP has beaten who he has beaten does not mean Diego could not. It means GSP is good. I happen to believe Diego is better.
__________________
A groan of tedium escapes me...
Halebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 540
AxleZTTic is an unknown quantity at this pointAxleZTTic is an unknown quantity at this point
they are both very very good. i agree that itd be a close fight but id give the edge to gsp. imo itll be fight of the year this year when it happens. karo is a great fighter as well but he's more on hughes' level than sanchez/gsp (imo). there should be a lot of GREAT matchups at 170 this year.
__________________
Top 5 fav. fighters (in order)

1. GSP
2. Franklin
3. Lesnar
4. Forrest
5. Big Nog
AxleZTTic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
TheJame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,615
TheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damone
I don't know about that. Diego has shown that he fights better under pressure, and the one fight he looked bad in was a throw away bout against John Alessio(Who ran away from Diego, and didn't really do all that much), and that's because Diego had some kind of virus.

His fights with Diaz, Riggs, & Karo make me believe he'd hold his own in there against GSP. Now, I'd pick GSP to win, but it'd be a 5 rounder.
I believe he HAD a virus when he was supposed to fight Alessio at Canada vs. USA, but it was postponed till several months later. He had to have been healthy when he fought him. I don't think having a virus had anything to do with Diego's performance. Just wanted to clear that up.
TheJame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
WouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He Crosses
GSP can't take a hit. It's because he isn't used to it. When he fought Penn, every time he got hit in the face he backed off and looked like a scared little puppy. BJ didn't poke him in the eye, he just hit him. I watched it in slo mo a thousand times there was no finger action whatsoever. It was just a good clean hit to the eye and GSP was freakin out about it. He kept checkin to see if he was bleeding and stuff. Not dawgin on him about it though, I mean, how many times before the Penn fight did you see GSP get punched in the face? It never happened. The Penn fight is the only fight where GSP's standup has been tested, and he lost the standup battle. Before that fight none of us knew how he acted to getting punched cleanly in the face, now we know. Maybe he got that out of his system now, but if not, Diego has the killer instinct to finish him off after a clean hit. BJ could have finished the fight in the first round after that hit he should have notice that GSP isn't used to being hit in the face and wasn't sure how to react. Penn should have capatalized on it. That was his own fault though, Diego won't make that mistake, Diego has really good killer instinct. If GSP reacted the same way to a clean hit with Diego, he is done for.

EDIT: Wait a second...I just remembered....this thread is about Karo...hahahaha how did we get on the topic of Diego and GSP?

Last edited by WouldLuv2FightU : 01-12-2007 at 08:00 PM.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 540
AxleZTTic is an unknown quantity at this pointAxleZTTic is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
BJ didn't poke him in the eye, he just hit him. I watched it in slo mo a thousand times there was no finger action whatsoever.

you dont see the poke cuz the camera is behind gsp when it happens. immediatly after it happened his eye was bleeding, so you can speculate that he didnt get poked, but you dont KNOW so please dont act like you do.

EDIT: in the replay after the first round bj's hand is behind gsp's arm when it connects so you cant see there either. also the cut is above the cheek bone under the eye, if it was a fist youd think it would split the cheek bone and not just above it.
__________________
Top 5 fav. fighters (in order)

1. GSP
2. Franklin
3. Lesnar
4. Forrest
5. Big Nog

Last edited by AxleZTTic : 01-12-2007 at 09:27 PM.
AxleZTTic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:29 PM   #30 (permalink)
SugaRUSH!
 
brownpimp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
brownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level now
A thread about Karo goes to a thread dissing GSP and Sanchez. What else is new?

Anyways, I had intially thought they would make it Karo vs Hughes at 68, but since Hughes is fighting Lytle, I am guessing either Karo won't fight at 68 or fight someone like Koscheck, Guys from TUF 4 etc. who are also coming off a win. I see Karo having another big fight sooner or later.
brownpimp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios