1. Fedor Emelianenko- well that is a no brainer. over 30 wins with no defeats, regarded #1 heavyweight by every ranking site, this guy must come to the ufc upon completing his neverending contract
who should he fight: other strikers such as frank mir, JDS and Shane Carwin. all that after a mega fight with Brock Lesnar
100% agree, he's the main fighter they need to sign, even if they sign no one else.
2. Hector Lombard- if fedor is #1 on everyones list lombard should be #2 bar none. he is unbeaten in almost 20! fights and maybe the guy outside the ufc to challenge the spider (Radach and Filho were mentioned but come on)
who should he fight: other strikers as leben and cote
Hektor is 25-2-1 so he HAS been defeated, by anyone who is "B" level or higher that he's faught. Noke took him to a draw, he got beat by Mousasi and Gono... I wouldn't put him up there with Talent like Fedor... Could probably see him in league with Alan Belcher, Cote and Leben though for sure.
3. Antonio Silva- in 16 fights losing only 2 controversial matches big foot is the biggest HW commodity except fedor (though he might lose to Rogers and Overeem, his presence in the UFC is needed urgently) in a division that may be the thinnest, he should be matched up against Gonzaga, for "Monster of the UFC" award
4. Jacare- this BJJ champion had 13/14 fine performances losing solely to Mousasi, who is a phenomenal fighter himself and fights at light heavyweight
who he could match up with: fellow BJJ practitioners Demian Maia and Rousimar Palhares
God, yes. Especially after Silva just made Andre look like a child and Jacare's last performance was phenomenal. The explosiveness that man possesses in his ground game and grappling ability is nothing short of awe inspiring. He needs to work on his stand up and not be so damn stiff, but he's still better than say, Demian Maia standing (that being said I think Demian would beat him >_>)
5. Damian Grabowski- it is rare to find a fighter above welterweight division outside the ufc with a record of 11-0. the polish grappler is set to face Michal Kita to be considered the greatest Polish fighter out there. match him up on the undercard, as one of the up and coming heavyweights along with Vernola, Chad Corvin and Browne.
Haven't heard of this cat, but I like how he's dinished all of his fights in two rounds or far, far less. He has 3 wins in the second, the rest in the first and in the EARLY first at that. His TKO in 29 seconds is enticing, but it was also against someone who was 4-5-1... Othat than that he's been fighting fairly experienced guys. They may not have stellar records but the experience is a HUGE thing in MMA.
6. Ricardo Romero- another fighter with impressive record of 10 wins with the sole 1 loss coming by a DQ. though he beat 3 TUF contestants in his career, he was never invited by the UFC, and until now is a mystery why he isnt there. put him on the undercard for starters
Agreed, the dude hasn't just beaten them, he's beaten them in convincing fashion. He subbed McSweeny in 2 minutes.
7. Mo Lawal- the king has 7 victories and all over MMA veterans, staring with HW Travis Wiuff to dominating Mark Kerr and beatin a top LHW prospect in Mousasi
he should go to UFC and be matched up against other oustanding wrestlers in Jon Jones Phil Davis and Randy Couture
I'm not 100% sold on him yet actually. Sure he beat Mousasi but he didn't do it very convincingly. Jury is still out on King Mo for me.
8. Dan Hornbuckle- if knocking out Gono isnt enough to be a top contended in the UFC, the Handler is riding a 6 fight winning streak and set to win the Bellator welterweight tournament
he already called out UFC wrestlers Koscheck and Fitch, and should be matched up maybe with Swick. knocking him out will make his teamates mad.
Agree 100% with him, too. His last loss is to Mike Pyle and before that his only loss was like his second fight.
9. Jorge Santiago- he had 2 opportunities in the UFC and had his head knocked off in both, he won 10/11 of his last fights, avenging the only loss to Khalidov. I say give him another chance UFC against some grapplers that he can knock out like Dan Miller possibly
Disagree. Being KO'd by the likes of Leben and Manny doesn't do much for me. I can't really see him making waves at this point in his career...
10. Raphael Davis- having SUBMITTED BJJ champion Vinny, and on a 6 fight win streak, it is amazing he is not in ufc yet. match him up on the undercard with possibly Rousimar Palhares
It was a verbal submission, doesn't mean he actually subbed him. He could've just hit him in the face a lot until he quit... I'll have to look that one up though. Definitely an interesting prospect either way.
rumored on their way to UFC: Jake Shields, Jay Hieron, Ricardo Arona
COME ON UFC YOU CAN DO IT!
Hieron is rumored? Man I can't see him doing much but I'd love to see him fight again.