Dead Weight? - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 06-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #31 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Couchwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: the couch
Posts: 2,679
Couchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Random Person View Post
Zane Fraser he is 0-2 in his career
Patrick Smith is still relatively new
Jason DeLucia is 2-2
Art Jimmison has lost his only fight
Trent Jenkins is 0-2
I hate the fact that Zane Frasier, Jason DeLucia, Art Jimmerson and Trent Jenkins keep getting fights, it seems there are at least two or three of those guys fighting on every UFC event these days.

And Patrick Smith, the guy is barely a teenager and started fighting like yesterday and he's already signed by the UFC.

Last edited by Couchwarrior : 06-02-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Couchwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #32 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Sousa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 585
Sousa is a jewel in the roughSousa is a jewel in the roughSousa is a jewel in the roughSousa is a jewel in the roughSousa is a jewel in the roughSousa is a jewel in the roughSousa is a jewel in the roughSousa is a jewel in the roughSousa is a jewel in the roughSousa is a jewel in the roughSousa is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
It's cool. I turn into an asshole every time he gets brought up. My reps always go from green to red too.

I can't stand the guy. I feel he's the biggest mistake that the UFC ever made. He is ruining the sport. I hate his style of fighting. I hate the fact that he tries to bring his WWE attitude into MMA. I hate the fans he's brought to this great sport.

When my toothless redneck cousin from Arkansas asks me how Brock's doing in the UFC; you know there's a problem.

Brock get's a hard on from playing the villain. This isn't WWE. Drop the bullshit and maybe I'd have a little bit of respect for you.
get off Brocks nutsack for crying out loud. is Brock the only dude in MMA to have a bad attitude towards his opponents? Jeeze you sound like a complete fool by what you're saying. Lots of dudes want to be the villian in MMA if you can't see that then I don't know where your head is. Get over it, he was a pro wrestler so what?Who gives a shit? He was an amatuer wrestsler before that. Fans like you ruin it for other fans.

Brock the only dude who's a villian in mma give me a dam break. If you truely beleive that then you dont watch enough mma sorry im not saying im better than you or what not , but if you truely believe Brock is the only one who tries to be the villian or is then you dont watch enough.
Sousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #33 (permalink)
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,591
G_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
get off Brocks nutsack for crying out loud. is Brock the only dude in MMA to have a bad attitude towards his opponents? Jeeze you sound like a complete fool by what you're saying. Lots of dudes want to be the villian in MMA if you can't see that then I don't know where your head is. Get over it, he was a pro wrestler so what?Who gives a shit? He was an amatuer wrestsler before that. Fans like you ruin it for other fans.

Brock the only dude who's a villian in mma give me a dam break. If you truely beleive that then you dont watch enough mma sorry im not saying im better than you or what not , but if you truely believe Brock is the only one who tries to be the villian or is then you dont watch enough.


I think hes trying to cover up some deep down feelings on this. hmmmmm All the signs are there. Toothless cousin, wwe, Saying brock is a can, wow How dare UFC bring in this guy in who obviously has no talent what so ever and give him the belt for free.....geez lol
G_Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #34 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 468
Godzuki is a name known to allGodzuki is a name known to allGodzuki is a name known to allGodzuki is a name known to allGodzuki is a name known to allGodzuki is a name known to allGodzuki is a name known to allGodzuki is a name known to allGodzuki is a name known to allGodzuki is a name known to allGodzuki is a name known to all
"Patrick Smith is relatively new"

Just awesome.
__________________
Flavours of the month
Diaz brothers
Gomi
Cub Swanson
Aoki
Matt Brown
Ian McCall
Matt Riddle
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:00 AM   #35 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 3,965
PheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
By that logic, Fedor is garbage. None of the guys he's ever beaten are in contention now.
Note: Not saying Fedor is garbage, just pointing out the flaws in his "logic"
No, it's not. You're not paying attention. Brock did beat who he needed to at the time. I'm not disputing that. The fact is who he beat was not the best in the division. They were thought to be at the time. I'm not blaming Brock for this.

However to give Brock the publicity he's receiving for beating guys who are now not even in the picture is comical.



Quote:
Mir ranked still ranked #5 by Sherdog and #7 by mma weekly. NOG is ranked #8 by both. He is the only fighter Fedor has ever beaten that is currently ranked. You are obviously someone who just hates Lesnar. Nevermind the fact that he's amazingly fast for his size, has great real wrestling skill, and is a huge draw for the UFC, you don't like him. So the UFC should get rid of him.
Read my first post. I did not say the UFC should get rid of him. I said they should have never signed him. Wow Mir is the number 5 heavyweight. Yay for the champ to beat the fifth guy in line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav35 View Post
How does that make sense? Lesnar demolished Mir at UFC 100.

Mir was only taken out of the picture by Carwin and not Brock?

You must be a troll.
Obviously I'm a troll

Carwin demolished a much stronger and faster Mir in quicker time than Brock. Yes you can give Carwin the credit, not Brock. Had Mir beat Carwin than Mir would be the number one contender again. Brocks defeat of Mir did NOT put him out of the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dario03 View Post
Who would you of had Brock fight at the times he fought to say he has fought top competition? Cain, Carwin, and JDS weren't greatly known at the time so even if he had beat them people would just say hes beat nobody. At the time Couture and Mir were just about the highest he could of fought. Nog instead of Herring could of been good for him at the time but people complain about Brock getting a title shot while being 1-1 in the UFC so 0-1 would make even less sense. Plus as of now people would just say Nogs gone down hill if Brock won.
You're not paying attention. I don't care about the guys Brock beat. I do care about him getting the publicity he receiving is for only beating those guys. Is that really this difficult to understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
get off Brocks nutsack for crying out loud. is Brock the only dude in MMA to have a bad attitude towards his opponents? Jeeze you sound like a complete fool by what you're saying. Lots of dudes want to be the villian in MMA if you can't see that then I don't know where your head is. Get over it, he was a pro wrestler so what?Who gives a shit? He was an amatuer wrestsler before that. Fans like you ruin it for other fans.
Yes, Brock makes a joke out of the biggest event in MMA history and I ruin MMA for other fans. Do you have any idea how foolish that sounds? Brock is an asshole. He's not the only asshole. I never said that. But he's the most widely publicized asshole and the UFC is making him the poster boy. Great job Dana. Hicks will be happy everywhere.

Quote:
Brock the only dude who's a villian in mma give me a dam break. If you truely beleive that then you dont watch enough mma sorry im not saying im better than you or what not , but if you truely believe Brock is the only one who tries to be the villian or is then you dont watch enough.
Nonsense. MMA is involved in my every day life. Obvious ad hominem.


To whoever said that he's bringing over other fans: I don't care. They can stay in WWE. I don't want them. MMA is the most respectable sport in the world due to the athleticism and technical aspects. I don't want guys who watch people pretend to beat other people up with chairs and ladders involved in MMA. No thanks.
__________________


Team PheelGood Fantasy Fight League

Jon Jones / Mark Hunt / Cub Swanson / Dustin Poirier / Darrell Montague
PheelGoodInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #36 (permalink)
On a Rampage
 
rockybalboa25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,845
Blog Entries: 1
rockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
No, it's not. You're not paying attention. Brock did beat who he needed to at the time. I'm not disputing that. The fact is who he beat was not the best in the division. They were thought to be at the time. I'm not blaming Brock for this.

However to give Brock the publicity he's receiving for beating guys who are now not even in the picture is comical.





Read my first post. I did not say the UFC should get rid of him. I said they should have never signed him. Wow Mir is the number 5 heavyweight. Yay for the champ to beat the fifth guy in line!
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...Rankings-18004

Sherdog's rankings for June 2009 right before UFC 100

Fedor and Barnett are 1 and 2. Mir is ranked third. Higher than Lesnar. Who should he have fought #9 Carwin or unranked Velasquez. Your argument makes no sense. So your saying the only way Brock earns your respect is if Dana White can see into the future and see that Cain and Carwin are the best two in the division? Then Dana would give Carwin (whose biggest win was against Gonzaga) or Velasquez (whose biggest win was against Kongo) an unearned title shot. Your logic makes no sense. So if Brock beats Carwin does he not get credit for that because Carwin is then out of the title picture? You simply dislike Lesnar. You have no argument besides "I don't like Brock, because he's a dick"

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
rockybalboa25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #37 (permalink)
The Bearded One
 
AmdM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lisbon - Portugal
Posts: 3,813
AmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Random Person View Post
Patrick Smith is still relatively new
Epic...

__________________
Lyoto Machida, former UFC LHW hamp
Future UFC MW Champ
Benavidez, Barao, Aldo, Nate, Nick, Lyoto, TBD, JDS
Forever hanging in Anderson Silva nuts
AmdM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #38 (permalink)
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,591
G_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...Rankings-18004

Sherdog's rankings for June 2009 right before UFC 100

Fedor and Barnett are 1 and 2. Mir is ranked third. Higher than Lesnar. Who should he have fought #9 Carwin or unranked Velasquez. Your argument makes no sense. So your saying the only way Brock earns your respect is if Dana White can see into the future and see that Cain and Carwin are the best two in the division? Then Dana would give Carwin (whose biggest win was against Gonzaga) or Velasquez (whose biggest win was against Kongo) an unearned title shot. Your logic makes no sense. So if Brock beats Carwin does he not get credit for that because Carwin is then out of the title picture? You simply dislike Lesnar. You have no argument besides "I don't like Brock, because he's a dick"

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
OOOOOOO Snap son you just got served by Rocky!!!!! I agree with you on this Rocky I have nothing to add except IN YO FACE hahaha
G_Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #39 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,353
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
I hate pro wrestling as much as anyone but at the end of the day you have to give it a rest, Brock IS a good enough wrestler that he is running the UFC HW division now. It is simply undeniable and he deserves credit, to do otherwise is frankly irrational.
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #40 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 3,965
PheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...Rankings-18004

Sherdog's rankings for June 2009 right before UFC 100

Fedor and Barnett are 1 and 2. Mir is ranked third. Higher than Lesnar. Who should he have fought #9 Carwin or unranked Velasquez. Your argument makes no sense. So your saying the only way Brock earns your respect is if Dana White can see into the future and see that Cain and Carwin are the best two in the division? Then Dana would give Carwin (whose biggest win was against Gonzaga) or Velasquez (whose biggest win was against Kongo) an unearned title shot. Your logic makes no sense. So if Brock beats Carwin does he not get credit for that because Carwin is then out of the title picture? You simply dislike Lesnar. You have no argument besides "I don't like Brock, because he's a dick"
Uhg. This is like teaching geometry to a second grader.

Brock beat who he needed to beat at the time. I AM NOT DISPUTING THAT. However we now know that the guys who he beat were NOT the most talented in the division... regardless of what rankings said.

Now the UFC is making Brock their golden child with 3 wins over guys who we now know should have been there. (IE Carwin, JDS, or Cain could have and would have beat all 3 of Brocks wins if they were givent he chance).

Is that clear enough?

Quote:
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Positive Rep for Billy Madison
__________________


Team PheelGood Fantasy Fight League

Jon Jones / Mark Hunt / Cub Swanson / Dustin Poirier / Darrell Montague
PheelGoodInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios