How do all you UFC fans feel about... - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 01-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Mr. Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 604
Posts: 607
Mr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura about
How do all you UFC fans feel about...

Pride fighters walking in and taking the titles?

And please dont assume that I'm being a "troll"...I'm asking this question sincerely because I'd like to hear your opinions. I also consider myself a UFC fan and while I find it slickly produced and extremely entertaining I've always believed that the talent was second rate. I've seen so many of you vehemently (sometimes violently) argue against even any inkling of a suggestion like that but do you see it any differently now? Or I guess I should say will you see it differently when most of or all of the titles are held by former Pride fighters?

Your thoughts?
Mr. Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-21-2007, 11:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
 
Organik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,458
Organik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level now
anderson silva was the beginning... mirko SHOULD also do the same thing...

i dunno about rampage but if they got shogun or wandy chucks days might be over

gsp is pretty secure..

but gomi may take sherk also
Organik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 222
Ghizman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
no comment on that, enough people will. Great f-in avatar!! I'm still laughing
Ghizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
randyspankstito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: eugene, oregon
Posts: 1,673
randyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organik
anderson silva was the beginning... mirko SHOULD also do the same thing...

i dunno about rampage but if they got shogun or wandy chucks days might be over

gsp is pretty secure..

but gomi may take sherk also
that seems pretty accurate. I think Rampage can take chuck too though, we'll see what he looks like next weekend.
__________________
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...n/49a5a6cb.png
Thanks to Plazzman for the sig
randyspankstito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
herton17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London,ON
Posts: 1,546
herton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bungle
Pride fighters walking in and taking the titles?

And please dont assume that I'm being a "troll"...I'm asking this question sincerely because I'd like to hear your opinions. I also consider myself a UFC fan and while I find it slickly produced and extremely entertaining I've always believed that the talent was second rate. I've seen so many of you vehemently (sometimes violently) argue against even any inkling of a suggestion like that but do you see it any differently now? Or I guess I should say will you see it differently when most of or all of the titles are held by former Pride fighters?

Your thoughts?
Devils advocate is the role I chose for this argument.
In the same regard as your argument that former Pride fighters are taking the UFC belts, I am going to say that former Rings fighter holds the PRIDE heavyweight title, former UFC fighters holds the middleweight and welterweight titles and the former Shooto figher holds the Lightweight title.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that Anderson Silva is now a UFC fighter. Mirko Filipovic is also a UFC fighter. The talent comes and goes, it's just what it is. UFC has been around longer, correct?
You may like the rules or the setting in one organization better than the other, but saying that one is talentless and the other one is not is inaccurate. It merely states the current fighter distribution, at best.
This argument tecnically settles all UFC vs. PRIDE BS arguments. You're either an MMA fan or you're not. You love it or you don't.
This is an MMA forum...
herton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
( . )( . )
 
Zender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 843
Zender is just really niceZender is just really niceZender is just really niceZender is just really niceZender is just really niceZender is just really niceZender is just really niceZender is just really niceZender is just really niceZender is just really niceZender is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyspankstito
that seems pretty accurate. I think Rampage can take chuck too though, we'll see what he looks like next weekend.
Agreed, spoke about it all before but just thought I'd get my post count up.
Zender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
<M>MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 510
<M>MA Is Running Through The Rankings<M>MA Is Running Through The Rankings<M>MA Is Running Through The Rankings<M>MA Is Running Through The Rankings<M>MA Is Running Through The Rankings<M>MA Is Running Through The Rankings<M>MA Is Running Through The Rankings<M>MA Is Running Through The Rankings<M>MA Is Running Through The Rankings<M>MA Is Running Through The Rankings<M>MA Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by herton17
Devils advocate is the role I chose for this argument.
In the same regard as your argument that former Pride fighters are taking the UFC belts, I am going to say that former Rings fighter holds the PRIDE heavyweight title, former UFC fighters holds the middleweight and welterweight titles and the former Shooto figher holds the Lightweight title.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that Anderson Silva is now a UFC fighter. Mirko Filipovic is also a UFC fighter. The talent comes and goes, it's just what it is. UFC has been around longer, correct?
You may like the rules or the setting in one organization better than the other, but saying that one is talentless and the other one is not is inaccurate. It merely states the current fighter distribution, at best.
This argument tecnically settles all UFC vs. PRIDE BS arguments. You're either an MMA fan or you're not. You love it or you don't.
This is an MMA forum...


Well said.
<M>MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
-----------------
 
Unseen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 1,315
Unseen is a jewel in the roughUnseen is a jewel in the roughUnseen is a jewel in the roughUnseen is a jewel in the roughUnseen is a jewel in the roughUnseen is a jewel in the roughUnseen is a jewel in the roughUnseen is a jewel in the roughUnseen is a jewel in the roughUnseen is a jewel in the roughUnseen is a jewel in the rough
I think the more competition in the UFC the better
Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Slamnbam88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 891
Slamnbam88 is an unknown quantity at this pointSlamnbam88 is an unknown quantity at this pointSlamnbam88 is an unknown quantity at this point
silva and crocop are the only guys who are holding/will hold a title

....i think vera/herring are good hw fighters...esp vera whos young and still undefeated(great matchup for crocop btw)

chucks fine
gsp is fine
the talents spread out....hughes/gsp/penn could beat most it not all the people in their weightclass in pride...as could sherk and chuck
Slamnbam88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Mr. Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 604
Posts: 607
Mr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Bungle has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by herton17
Devils advocate is the role I chose for this argument.
In the same regard as your argument that former Pride fighters are taking the UFC belts, I am going to say that former Rings fighter holds the PRIDE heavyweight title, former UFC fighters holds the middleweight and welterweight titles and the former Shooto figher holds the Lightweight title.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that Anderson Silva is now a UFC fighter. Mirko Filipovic is also a UFC fighter. The talent comes and goes, it's just what it is. UFC has been around longer, correct?
You may like the rules or the setting in one organization better than the other, but saying that one is talentless and the other one is not is inaccurate. It merely states the current fighter distribution, at best.
This argument tecnically settles all UFC vs. PRIDE BS arguments. You're either an MMA fan or you're not. You love it or you don't.
This is an MMA forum...

I completely agree with what you're saying but it doesn't really address the question of my thread. I want know if the fans who have been so stubborn and defensive when the talent in the UFC was questioned feel any differently now that it's so obvious that the talent in other organizations is far superior. I just want to hear if they can admit it...I can see having a true passion for MMA and but c'mon, it's silly to be loyal to a league or organization isn't it? Why is it so hard for some people to admit that yeah the fighters in the UFC were good but only B-Level when compared to Pride.

Either way I'm sure we can all agree that it's great that the UFC is finally getting some real talent.
Mr. Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios