Cro Cop day job - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 01-26-2007, 10:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 114
vushvush has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Cro Cop day job

From UFC.com:

"I was a police officer, and was then promoted to Special Police which is an Anti-Terrorist unit called ATJ LUCKO. I then ran for the Croatian Parliament, representing the capital city of Zagreb, in 2003 and I was elected. I was fighting already when I was a police officer. I'm currently serving the Croatian Parliament (the equivalent of US Senate). So, it's not like I did something before I became a fighter. I've been a fighter all through my career as a public servant."

Can you imagine Barak Obama or any one of the younger congressmen fighting in the UFC. So Awesome.....
vushvush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-26-2007, 11:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
herton17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London,ON
Posts: 1,546
herton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by vushvush
From UFC.com:

"I was a police officer, and was then promoted to Special Police which is an Anti-Terrorist unit called ATJ LUCKO. I then ran for the Croatian Parliament, representing the capital city of Zagreb, in 2003 and I was elected. I was fighting already when I was a police officer. I'm currently serving the Croatian Parliament (the equivalent of US Senate). So, it's not like I did something before I became a fighter. I've been a fighter all through my career as a public servant."

Can you imagine Barak Obama or any one of the younger congressmen fighting in the UFC. So Awesome.....
Mirko started fighting before he became a member of the Croatian parliament, I dont see how some other congressman should just start fighting in the UFC.
There was a civil war on the Croatian grounds in the early 90's and that completely changed the culture and the way the political issues and elections were handled. There is no way something like this would happen on the american soil.
herton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 114
vushvush has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by herton17
Mirko started fighting before he became a member of the Croatian parliament, I dont see how some other congressman should just start fighting in the UFC.
There was a civil war on the Croatian grounds in the early 90's and that completely changed the culture and the way the political issues and elections were handled. There is no way something like this would happen on the american soil.

So you're suggesting Barak Obama would be an awesome MMA fighter?

I'm kidding obviously, and this wouldn't happen here. But just like imagining Silva vs. Liddell, I can imagine senate filibusters ending with a swift left headkick!
vushvush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
TYKIDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 609
TYKIDD has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Obama couldn't handle himself in the cage. Hillary Clinton would finish him by Kimura at the 4 minute mark of the first round.
TYKIDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
True Grappler
 
IronMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 6,222
IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
The thing is, CroCop is a national hero in Croatia. The man is legend and a symbol of their country. He's like Abraham Lincoln, Muhammed Ali and Jack Bauer put together.
__________________


Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
kds13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 5,148
Blog Entries: 11
kds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level now
everytime i learn more about mirko, he just keeps on proving how amazing he really is.

what a badass.
__________________
kds13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 435
khaldun007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
wow, what an amazing guy. so hardcore, and a public servant.
khaldun007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
Halebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level now
In all seriousness, Mirko may be one of the best men on the whole planet Earth. He's damn near a superhero. He should be a celebrity over here. That is a very very interesting story, even little ole grandma's would be intrigued.
__________________
A groan of tedium escapes me...
Halebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
herton17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London,ON
Posts: 1,546
herton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
The thing is, CroCop is a national hero in Croatia. The man is legend and a symbol of their country. He's like Abraham Lincoln, Muhammed Ali and Jack Bauer put together.
Hhehe...I see what you re saying, but thats a little over the top. There is a actually a couple of other athletes over there that get similar respect as he does.
herton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
WouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop
In all seriousness, Mirko may be one of the best men on the whole planet Earth. He's damn near a superhero. He should be a celebrity over here. That is a very very interesting story, even little ole grandma's would be intrigued.
I agree, I can see him having a segment on 60 Minutes about this time next year.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios