Gerald Harris vs Jon Jones? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 09-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,651
ACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
Well, I've said that multiple times(I don't know how many others have perscribed to this idea)that it doesn't matter how you win, only who you beat. And Bader has a MUCH better resumee than Jones. Jardine and Nogeuira alone are more important and valuable wins IMO than Vera and Matyushenko.

Nogeuira is a (debateable) Top 10 LHW in the UFC. I think that beating a top 10 convincingly, UD or not, gets you top 10 status.

Also Harris is a middleweight. Jones is already a gargantuously lanky LHW, I doubt he could make the cut and Harris isn't a huge MW.
i disagree....i think it matters a lot how you win

just saying ''look who he beat'' doesnt mean anything, unless you are showing it to some casual fan that determines who they are gonna bet on by how impressive a fighters record is on wikipedia

the most important thing is HOW he beat each person, did bader have a tougher competition? yes...in lil nog right now, and lil nog actually got the better of bader in that fight, i really disagree with the decision, round 1 was bader no doubt, but 2 and 3 was lil nog, he rocked bader many times and bader only took him down what? 2-3 times in those 2 rounds? and if im not mistaken 2 of those takedowns lil nog got right back up, bader was in troulbe and in my eyes lost that fight, if the TDs werent scored as effective grappling and octagon control and agressivness and imposing your will bader would have lost

so, lets take a closer look, bader has beaten one tough but overrated fighter in lil nog (even though it was a very close fight and he got rocked many times and didnt really pose a threat to lil nog after the first round)....and thats it...you really mean to tell me jardine is a credible opponent? really?...and he still didnt tool him like JJ has tooled his opponents

vera and hammil is a much more impressive win than jardine and not only did he beat them (well he lost DQ to hammil but everyone knows JJ won that fight) he destroyed both of them as if they didnt even belong in the UFC

how is bader barley ''beating'' lil nog and getting rocked many times and beating jardine (thats a big win?) more impressive than what JJ has done? JJ looks unstoppable while bader looks very beatable

on wikipedia...sure...its more impressive...but if you actually watch their fights...im guessing 9 out of 10 ppl would rather bet on JJ than bader
ACTAFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-28-2010, 03:46 PM   #22 (permalink)
Squirrel Fighting Champ
 
Squirrelfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,719
Blog Entries: 4
Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
i disagree....i think it matters a lot how you win

just saying ''look who he beat'' doesnt mean anything, unless you are showing it to some casual fan that determines who they are gonna bet on by how impressive a fighters record is on wikipedia

the most important thing is HOW he beat each person, did bader have a tougher competition? yes...in lil nog right now, and lil nog actually got the better of bader in that fight, i really disagree with the decision, round 1 was bader no doubt, but 2 and 3 was lil nog, he rocked bader many times and bader only took him down what? 2-3 times in those 2 rounds? and if im not mistaken 2 of those takedowns lil nog got right back up, bader was in troulbe and in my eyes lost that fight, if the TDs werent scored as effective grappling and octagon control and agressivness and imposing your will bader would have lost

so, lets take a closer look, bader has beaten one tough but overrated fighter in lil nog (even though it was a very close fight and he got rocked many times and didnt really pose a threat to lil nog after the first round)....and thats it...you really mean to tell me jardine is a credible opponent? really?...and he still didnt tool him like JJ has tooled his opponents

vera and hammil is a much more impressive win than jardine and not only did he beat them (well he lost DQ to hammil but everyone knows JJ won that fight) he destroyed both of them as if they didnt even belong in the UFC

how is bader barley ''beating'' lil nog and getting rocked many times and beating jardine (thats a big win?) more impressive than what JJ has done? JJ looks unstoppable while bader looks very beatable

on wikipedia...sure...its more impressive...but if you actually watch their fights...im guessing 9 out of 10 ppl would rather bet on JJ than bader
Lyoto Machida. Almost ALL of his wins are UDs. He's one of the most dominant LHW fighters in the world. How is not nearly as important as who.

Bader took him down (almost) at will. They were both landing punches. Though Nogeuira did land more punches in combination, he was obviously a more versed stand-up fighter. However in MMA, takedown=victory(for now). I also disagree with Nog rocking him multiple times. The second round I see going either way, Nog's hands were better, but Bader took him down almost on a whim. In the third Bader scored takedowns, as well as almost matched Nog on regularity of punches, though the pace of that round was rather slow. The punch where Bader stuck his tongue out. I've not only seen this done, but done this. Its more a man, that hurt less than I thought it would, adrenaline reaction than a rocked reaction.

Since he didn't beat Hammil...it doesn't matter. His ground skills were very nice and he was winning without question, however he went and performed the same illegal technique a whole buncha times and got disqualified!
__________________


Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,651
ACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
Lyoto Machida. Almost ALL of his wins are UDs. He's one of the most dominant LHW fighters in the world. How is not nearly as important as who.

Bader took him down (almost) at will. They were both landing punches. Though Nogeuira did land more punches in combination, he was obviously a more versed stand-up fighter. However in MMA, takedown=victory(for now). I also disagree with Nog rocking him multiple times. The second round I see going either way, Nog's hands were better, but Bader took him down almost on a whim. In the third Bader scored takedowns, as well as almost matched Nog on regularity of punches, though the pace of that round was rather slow. The punch where Bader stuck his tongue out. I've not only seen this done, but done this. Its more a man, that hurt less than I thought it would, adrenaline reaction than a rocked reaction.

Since he didn't beat Hammil...it doesn't matter. His ground skills were very nice and he was winning without question, however he went and performed the same illegal technique a whole buncha times and got disqualified!
comparing machida is just unfair, im not saying decisions arent impressive, you can win by decision and be impressive, machida was, he outstruck all of his oppenents, caused more damage and displayed very good TDD...so how he won actually was impressive also, just a different kind of impressive

now how can you say bader almost took lil nog down at will? theres no almost...it wasnt even close to ''at will'', lil nog stuffed almost all of his TDs in the 2nd and 3rd round...i remember thinking either lil nog has really developed some vey impressive TDD or baders wrestling really isnt what i thought it was

getting a W or a L doesnt mean anything because there are so many things to factor in that W or L...in MMA it can happen in a split second, so the most important thing is the performance leading up to that W or L...thats what determines how good a fighter is

yes, JJ got DQed but no1 can debate that he wasnt destorying hammill and making him look like a bum when hes been on a tear of his own in the UFC

getting a win doesnt mean anything, remeber the duffee knockout? hell remember sherk vs dunham?

you actually would rather bet on bader than JJ just because of his wins over lil nog and jardine??....

well, to each his own, i guess we can agree to disagree...i just really dont think W and L are that important when comparing 2 fighters
ACTAFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
Squirrel Fighting Champ
 
Squirrelfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,719
Blog Entries: 4
Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
comparing machida is just unfair, im not saying decisions arent impressive, you can win by decision and be impressive, machida was, he outstruck all of his oppenents, caused more damage and displayed very good TDD...so how he won actually was impressive also, just a different kind of impressive

now how can you say bader almost took lil nog down at will? theres no almost...it wasnt even close to ''at will'', lil nog stuffed almost all of his TDs in the 2nd and 3rd round...i remember thinking either lil nog has really developed some vey impressive TDD or baders wrestling really isnt what i thought it was

getting a W or a L doesnt mean anything because there are so many things to factor in that W or L...in MMA it can happen in a split second, so the most important thing is the performance leading up to that W or L...thats what determines how good a fighter is

yes, JJ got DQed but no1 can debate that he wasnt destorying hammill and making him look like a bum when hes been on a tear of his own in the UFC

getting a win doesnt mean anything, remeber the duffee knockout? hell remember sherk vs dunham?

you actually would rather bet on bader than JJ just because of his wins over lil nog and jardine??....

well, to each his own, i guess we can agree to disagree...i just really dont think W and L are that important when comparing 2 fighters
All disagreement aside, yes, I will be betting 100,000 creds on Bader to win.
__________________


Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
marcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crosses
not a chance bone has to much hype for him not to fight a top 10 guy in LHW. I don't know about you guys i want to see him fight a top 10 guys to see if this hype is real.
marcthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,939
Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Are you ****ing kidding me? Are you absolutely ****ing joking?


Oh look! Two black people! I know! Let's make them fight!

There are nowhere near each other in the rankings, and not only that, they aren't even in the same weight class, but they are black and that's all that matters! YEAAAAH.


GTFO with this bullshit. This is more nonsensical than the constant calls for him to fight Phil Davis.

Or of course, the one poster who said he wanted so see Anthony Johnson vs Melvin Guillard.

Absolute gems of stupidity.

Last edited by Roflcopter : 09-28-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Roflcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,669
MrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By AllMrObjective Is Beloved By All
The hype train will keep rolling till he's LHW champion.

Jon Jones would be a 3:1, 4:1 favorite to beat Bader. They've run out of gatekeepers, it's time for him to contend.

Winner of Bader VS Jones
VS
Winner of Machida VS Rampage

There's time for that to happen concurrently with Rua VS Evans.
MrObjective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
marcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObjective View Post
The hype train will keep rolling till he's LHW champion.

Jon Jones would be a 3:1, 4:1 favorite to beat Bader. They've run out of gatekeepers, it's time for him to contend.

Winner of Bader VS Jones
VS
Winner of Machida VS Rampage

There's time for that to happen concurrently with Rua VS Evans.
I hate to say it but this needs to happen I have the hype train will end once he fights rampage or Machida.
marcthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #29 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,610
Hellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHellboy Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
[quote=Terror Kovenant;1274504]I can't really think of 10 LHWs in the UFC that should be placed above Bader. QUOTE]

Shogun
Machida
Rashad
Jones
Rampage
T.Silva
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Delicious Pudding
 
D.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 10,932
D.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The ForumD.P. Lord of The Forum
Not the same weight class, but I do think Harris should at least be getting a known opponent for his next fight instead of welcoming Falcao. He shows a lot of promise.
__________________


D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios