Welcome to Brocktober! - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 963
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec0688 View Post
What? Why wouldnt you make one of the top money makers for your business a poster boy?

Outside of GSP, there isn't anyone but Lesnar who constantly get high PPV rating. You might be able to add Rampage to this list, but thats about it.

First and foremost, UFC is a business, they are in the sports/entertainment industry to make money.
a agree, also, imo hes the type of guy people either love or love to hate but either way they wanna watch him in action, i mean can anyone here seriously tell me they dont get excited for his fights??
kay_o_ken is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 911
                     
Brock is the HW Champion and has defended the belt vs a ranked opponent.

he deserves all the hype he gets and im not even a big fan.


Brocktober is just the UFC being marketing genius' and knowing the writing is on the wall and milking Brocks popularity for all it is worth and at the same time, giving Cain alot of spotlight for when his title reign starts.


The UFC is always thinking ahead. Gotta make Cain the biggest meal ticket they can. He has a great chance of winning and Dana and Co. know it very well, they have their ears to the community.
E Lit Er Ate is offline  
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 4,292
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec0688 View Post
What? Why wouldnt you make one of the top money makers for your business a poster boy?

Outside of GSP, there isn't anyone but Lesnar who constantly get high PPV rating. You might be able to add Rampage to this list, but thats about it.

First and foremost, UFC is a business, they are in the sports/entertainment industry to make money.


You could of had a good argument if you posted that reply in a Kimbo/Toney thread, not a Lesnar one.
Brock is a joke. His whole wwe fake antics confined with his one dimensional fighting style. They practically gift wrapped the belt for him, and now he's the biggest marketed guy in the ufc with 5 fights and only one of them being slightly impressive.

I can't wait for the day he's nothing more than a gatekeeper... which I have a feeling will be very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay_o_ken View Post
a agree, also, imo hes the type of guy people either love or love to hate but either way they wanna watch him in action, i mean can anyone here seriously tell me they dont get excited for his fights??
Nope. After ufc 100 I vowed I would never spend a dime on a fight he was in... and I never will. I'll watch it, but I damn sure won't pay for it. And I don't get excited for his fights. I actually despise any event he's in.

The guy is a joke.

RIP Jordan Corder. Watch over me from above brother.

http://youtu.be/d5cUuRoQmMQ
PheelGoodInc is offline  
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Featherweight
 
Iuanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,429
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
The guy is a joke.
And you're a hater.

Seriously, I sort of had a passive dislike for Brock before 100, but seeing so many people get personally offended, butt hurt and indignant over someone who they have no personal connection to, just made me want to jump on the Brock wagon even harder.

There are still people who don't think he's a legitimate fighter, much less a legitimate champion.

Look at this hater,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
I actually despise any event he's in.
Really? You're going to dislike and not pay for an event just because Brock's in it? What about the other fighter's on the card? They don't 'deserve' your paid audience because of your petulant stance on Brock Lesnar?

The thing is you probably think you're being more of a 'real' martial arts fan for your disdain of Brock except that you admittedly will not pay to watch real martial artist because of your overblown bias against Brock Lesnar (who by the way is also a real martial artist).
Iuanes is offline  
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 963
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
Nope. After ufc 100 I vowed I would never spend a dime on a fight he was in... and I never will. I'll watch it, but I damn sure won't pay for it. And I don't get excited for his fights. I actually despise any event he's in.

The guy is a joke.
a joke how? just cause you may not like hes antics hes still the undisputed champion and deserves to be, thats all that matters imo
kay_o_ken is offline  
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 4,292
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iuanes View Post
And you're a hater.

Seriously, I sort of had a passive dislike for Brock before 100, but seeing so many people get personally offended, butt hurt and indignant over someone who they have no personal connection to, just made me want to jump on the Brock wagon even harder.

There are still people who don't think he's a legitimate fighter, much less a legitimate champion.

Look at this hater,



Really? You're going to dislike and not pay for an event just because Brock's in it? What about the other fighter's on the card? They don't 'deserve' your paid audience because of your petulant stance on Brock Lesnar?

The thing is you probably think you're being more of a 'real' martial arts fan for your disdain of Brock except that you admittedly will not pay to watch real martial artist because of your overblown bias against Brock Lesnar (who by the way is also a real martial artist).
Heh. I, like many other people, don't buy every ufc event mostly because of who fights on that event. By your logic we all should be paying to see any and every fighter on any event just because they are martial artist. I am far from a martial artist, and so is brock.

I love this sport. The sport will be better when he's gone.

Edit: The reason I don't buy the cars is because I refuse to let the ufc have my money for placing him on this pedestal. To pay for the event would be to sport the bs the ufc pulled with placing Brock where he is and fueling the hype train. Not worth my $50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay_o_ken View Post
a joke how? just cause you may not like hes antics hes still the undisputed champion and deserves to be, thats all that matters imo
There's been a lot of joke champions in the past. The problem is usually the ufc doesn't put them on magazine covers, the website home page, video game covers, and headlining the biggest event in ufc history.

He's a joke because he beat a guy who could barely compete with a old and un motivated cro cop (mir), a guy who should be retired (couture), a gatekeeper (herring), and a one dimensional power puncher (carwin... who still put him in the fetal position). Yet ufc and co make him out to be the best thing since sliced bead. That's why he's a joke.

RIP Jordan Corder. Watch over me from above brother.

http://youtu.be/d5cUuRoQmMQ
PheelGoodInc is offline  
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Featherweight
 
Iuanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,429
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
Heh. I, like many other people, don't buy every ufc event mostly because of who fights on that event. By your logic we all should be paying to see any and every fighter on any event just because they are martial artist. I am far from a martial artist, and so is brock.

I love this sport. The sport will be better when he's gone.

Edit: The reason I don't buy the cars is because I refuse to let the ufc have my money for placing him on this pedestal. To pay for the event would be to sport the bs the ufc pulled with placing Brock where he is and fueling the hype train. Not worth my $50.



There's been a lot of joke champions in the past. The problem is usually the ufc doesn't put them on magazine covers, the website home page, video game covers, and headlining the biggest event in ufc history.

He's a joke because he beat a guy who could barely compete with a old and un motivated cro cop (mir), a guy who should be retired (couture), a gatekeeper (herring), and a one dimensional power puncher (carwin... who still put him in the fetal position). Yet ufc and co make him out to be the best thing since sliced bead. That's why he's a joke.
By your logic almost all of the UFC heavyweight division is a 'hype' train. Or rather, everyone who hasn't faced Brock Lesnar yet and has the chance to beat him. If you're going to say Brock is a joke fighter because he speculatively can't beat JDS or Velasquez, 2 people in the entire world, or if you prefer to extend it, Overeem and Fedor, 4 people in the world, then you're a hater. Just admit it. We can all go home.

Also, I bet you wouldn't talk shit about Mir, Carwin, Couture, if they beat Brock or were the champion. I bet you weren't calling Carwin a one dimensional fighter before he lost to Brock (though I could be wrong) I bet you would have no problem with the UFC putting any them on the pedestal if they were champions.

Brock is the Champion because he has won the the fights to make him a champion and keep him there. Sure, he was bumped to the front of line by the UFC, but put 99.9999999% of the people in world in the same position, and they would fail.

Also, by your logic you wouldn't buy a GSP vs Silva ppv if Brock was fighting on the undercard. That's messed. My point wasn't that all real martial artist deserve to be watched, but that no fighter in the world deserves to passed on because he/she is fighting on the same card as Brock. That's stupid. It's racist against Vikings.
Iuanes is offline  
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 4,292
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iuanes View Post
By your logic almost all of the UFC heavyweight division is a 'hype' train. Or rather, everyone who hasn't faced Brock Lesnar yet and has the chance to beat him. If you're going to say Brock is a joke fighter because he speculatively can't beat JDS or Velasquez, 2 people in the entire world, or if you prefer to extend it, Overeem and Fedor, 4 people in the world, then you're a hater. Just admit it. We can all go home.

Also, I bet you wouldn't talk shit about Mir, Carwin, Couture, if they beat Brock or were the champion. I bet you weren't calling Carwin a one dimensional fighter before he lost to Brock (though I could be wrong) I bet you would have no problem with the UFC putting any them on the pedestal if they were champions.

Brock is the Champion because he has won the the fights to make him a champion and keep him there. Sure, he was bumped to the front of line by the UFC, but put 99.9999999% of the people in world in the same position, and they would fail.

Also, by your logic you wouldn't buy a GSP vs Silva ppv if Brock was fighting on the undercard. That's messed. My point wasn't that all real martial artist deserve to be watched, but that no fighter in the world deserves to passed on because he/she is fighting on the same card as Brock. That's stupid. It's racist against Vikings.
I am a proud Brock hater... admittedly and no question about it. I've always admitted this. Before the carwin fight I still said it doesn't mean much if he beat carwin.

LAWL at the bold. They could have put any of the top four guys in his place and they would be champs. Hell if nelson was in Brocks shoes he would have got the belt.

its hard to write long replies from my phone. I'll get to the rest of your post later.

RIP Jordan Corder. Watch over me from above brother.

http://youtu.be/d5cUuRoQmMQ
PheelGoodInc is offline  
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 11:48 PM
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,723
                     
LAWL, that's ridiculous. Nelson wouldn't have gotten by Couture, Mir, or Shane.

Herring, maybe. Put down the Kool Aid, son.
Canadian Psycho is offline  
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 4,292
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
LAWL, that's ridiculous. Nelson wouldn't have gotten by Couture, Mir, or Shane.

Herring, maybe. Put down the Kool Aid, son.
Nelson would have probably beat couture. I never said he would still have the belt. I said if put in Brocks shoes he would have won it.

RIP Jordan Corder. Watch over me from above brother.

http://youtu.be/d5cUuRoQmMQ
PheelGoodInc is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome