Jones-Bader in the works - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 08:55 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,754
                     
Maybe this isn't as complicated. Bader, in all honesty, doesn't look that good. I'm sure Dana expected him to evolve a little more. I certainly did. He still gasses after round one. Hes shown no real evidence of decent ground and pound. His striking as improved... but not by much at all.

I speculate that Dana expects Bones to win this fight 100%. This will elevate Bones easily into a big fight, due to Baders unbeaten record. And Bader will drop down to gatekeeper status where he belongs. Bader will never hold the belt. Bones certainly can. And also, it stops the big earners: Franklin or Griffen, getting humiliated and losing stock. Thats what I think is going through Danas mind.

What's going through *my* mind is that I don't like Bones and so would like to see him twitching on the canvas.
Soojooko is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Bader is just fresh meat for Jones.

Jones>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bader all day son.
Mckeever is offline  
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Light Heavyweight
 
Danm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 3,345
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
What's going through *my* mind is that I don't like Bones and so would like to see him twitching on the canvas.
That's interesting, why the dislike for Jones? Comes across as a very likeable, humble and talented young chap. I love watching him fight, and he's not a massive douche, so I'm on the Bones bandwagon. I don't dislike Bader, but he's not the most interesting of fighters, or characters, so I'll definitely be cheering on Bones!

Proudly Supporting
Dan Hardy
Conor McGregor
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Chael Sonnen
Mark Hunt
Chris Weidman
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline  
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 09:48 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,754
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danm2501 View Post
That's interesting, why the dislike for Jones? Comes across as a very likeable, humble and talented young chap. I love watching him fight, and he's not a massive douche, so I'm on the Bones bandwagon. I don't dislike Bader, but he's not the most interesting of fighters, or characters, so I'll definitely be cheering on Bones!
Its a funny one. I don't trust Bones. Like his whole persona is a front. Much like Carwin. Much like Rashad. I simply don't believe him when he talks. The fact that they all train at Jacksons is a coincidence, I'm sure.

Strip it all away and I believe Jones is a mean nasty fecker. I honestly do. His body language. The way he fights. I wish he would just be nasty and stop with the humble shit.

Of course, I could be wrong. I've no doubt most of us are wrong when it comes to our opinions of all fighters... seeing as all we have to base said opinions on is the internet interviews and the fights themselves. Not exactly comprehensive!

In other words, I don't like him because I don't like him. Any reasons I give are purely speculative. Completely unreasonable, I know. God bless the internet.
Soojooko is offline  
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Welterweight
 
BrianRClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saint Louis MO
Posts: 2,384
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Maybe this isn't as complicated. Bader, in all honesty, doesn't look that good. I'm sure Dana expected him to evolve a little more. I certainly did. He still gasses after round one. Hes shown no real evidence of decent ground and pound. His striking as improved... but not by much at all.

I speculate that Dana expects Bones to win this fight 100%. This will elevate Bones easily into a big fight, due to Baders unbeaten record. And Bader will drop down to gatekeeper status where he belongs. Bader will never hold the belt. Bones certainly can. And also, it stops the big earners: Franklin or Griffen, getting humiliated and losing stock. Thats what I think is going through Danas mind.

What's going through *my* mind is that I don't like Bones and so would like to see him twitching on the canvas.

This actually makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't have agreed a month ago, but I thought Bader would make much shorter work out of Nog.
BrianRClover is offline  
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Light Heavyweight
 
Danm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 3,345
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Its a funny one. I don't trust Bones. Like his whole persona is a front. Much like Carwin. Much like Rashad. I simply don't believe him when he talks. The fact that they all train at Jacksons is a coincidence, I'm sure.

Strip it all away and I believe Jones is a mean nasty fecker. I honestly do. His body language. The way he fights. I wish he would just be nasty and stop with the humble shit.

Of course, I could be wrong. I've no doubt most of us are wrong when it comes to our opinions of all fighters... seeing as all we have to base said opinions on is the internet interviews and the fights themselves. Not exactly comprehensive!

In other words, I don't like him because I don't like him. Any reasons I give are purely speculative. Completely unreasonable, I know. God bless the internet.
Fair play. I'm the same with Lyoto Machida. It's weird how often subconscious nuances of someones character can be interpreted in different ways. I guess it's a good thing that we do interpret those mannerisms or actions in different ways, as if we didn't, it'd be a very dull place around here, with everyone liking the same fighters.

Proudly Supporting
Dan Hardy
Conor McGregor
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Chael Sonnen
Mark Hunt
Chris Weidman
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline  
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 937
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Maybe this isn't as complicated. Bader, in all honesty, doesn't look that good. I'm sure Dana expected him to evolve a little more. I certainly did. He still gasses after round one. Hes shown no real evidence of decent ground and pound. His striking as improved... but not by much at all.

I speculate that Dana expects Bones to win this fight 100%. This will elevate Bones easily into a big fight, due to Baders unbeaten record. And Bader will drop down to gatekeeper status where he belongs. Bader will never hold the belt. Bones certainly can. And also, it stops the big earners: Franklin or Griffen, getting humiliated and losing stock. Thats what I think is going through Danas mind.

What's going through *my* mind is that I don't like Bones and so would like to see him twitching on the canvas.
This is pretty much all there is to say about this fight. Bader barely got by lil Nog. The fact his bread and butter, his wrestling, didn't even look that dominating while he did it is a huge red flag. Everyone thinks Jones will destroy Bader, and everyone is right.

I'm not sure about the hate for Bones though. I don't pay that much attention to what fighters do or say outside the ring because most of the time I don't really care, but I've never seen anything to suggest he is fake or a jerk. If he is faking his persona, he's doing a damn good job of it, he seems ok to me.
Finnsidious is offline  
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 10:47 AM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,911
                     
Jon Jones is going to eat Bader alive....


Than he's gonna pick his teeth with Baders bones...


----> WWW.MMAFORUM.COM <----



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline  
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,669
                     
That's gives the UFC 3 to 5 months for the Jones/Bader winner to recover/train for VS Machida/Rampage winner at the same time Rua VS Evans is supposed to go down.

UFC 124
GSP Vs Koscheck

UFC 125 (New Years Card)
Edgar Vs Maynard
Thiago Silva vs. Brandon Vera
Chris Leben vs. Brian Stann
Antonio McKee vs. Jacob Volkmann

UFC 126
??? - Maybe a free card OR how about super-rested Carwin VS a super rested Roy Nelson?!


UFC 127 (Superbowl)
Silva Vs Belfort
Jones Vs Bader
MrObjective is offline  
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 11:12 AM
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
Bader seems to have a more pure form of wrestling, like in the Nog fight, i was getting the impression he feels he is in a wrestling match.
Jones' wrestling on the other hand, feels much more adapted to MMA. He made the transition from pure wrestling to MMA wrestling a lot better imo. It is really hard for his opponents to see his TD coming. He has akward angles, gets a TD from absolutely nothing, does sick throws and once he is on the ground, he starts looking for the best way to hurt you as hard as possible. Crazy elbows, nice guard passing: once he is on the ground he has one mission: destroy you. Whereas Bader feels more comfortable by holding dominant position and scoring points on the ground with some...softer, safer GnP.
It would be interesting to see both of them on their back with the other on top, to see how they would handle the situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Hes done work down there... for sure.

But, then theres always the question of heart. Train all you want, but when you are under some big dude dropping elbows and punches on your head and body, then questions about heart come up.

Both Bader and Bones need these questions answered before I get too excited about either of them.
I'm feeling you.
Neither have been on their back with a big-mad dude dropping bombs and elbows.
I remember Bader won his first fight on TUF by dropping a huge bomb on his opponent. But other than that, it's like i've said. He maked his fights like wrestling matches once he goes to the ground.
Jones on the other hand...you know this kid wants to smash your face with elbows. He is mean. You rather have a bear or a tiger on top of you.

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome