What was GSP's most valuble weapon against Hughes - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Megaweight
 
kds13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 5,148
Blog Entries: 11
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe
I am a HUGE Hughes fan. I will say that GSP was just more confident. he has incredible speed and power. He plan and technique worked that night. I think the next time they meet GSP will have a much different fight on his hands.
I strongly feel that Hughes has more heart than GSP and heart wins fights not cockiness which is one reason Hughes lost. GSP doesn't have the heart of Hughes and if you ask me he is kind of tender. Don't get me wrong he is the ultimate fighter right now and will make a great champ but he shouldn't get too use to the belt.

Todays kind of man(in general, not all, but just about all) compared to the men lets say 50-60 years ago are much weaker and sensitive. The men today are cry babies and lack courage and heart. We have become a society of metrosexual pusses and Hughes has the mentality, heart and hard work ethic of the men long gone from the past. He is what America use to be like. Honest hard working Christians who cares about his family and other people. I hope Hughes beats GSP's a** and brings pride back to America.

Sorry for the rant and I am sure I will hear about it.

GSP doesn't have a good work ethic? he's a puss? he's tender?



did you watch the fight? even the first fight...GSP was winning that round till matt caught that armbar. GSP plays a huge role in his community and alot of people love mma because of him. if you take what you're saying then what i get out of it is..."matt got absolutely dismantled by a tender guy with no heart"

that doesnt say alot about hughes then, does it?





"I will say that GSP was just more confident. he has incredible speed and power. He plan and technique worked"
-only part of your quote i agree with.

kds13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Bantamweight
 
<M>MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 533
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpimp88
You sure as hell will. I will spare you, because others will do that.

Please, no offence or anything, but you sound like you just ****ing watched a UFC commercial or Dana White just brainwashed your ass. Once again, no offence, but you can't honestly believe all that crap you just said. You are implying that GSP has no heart and is a puss. Please don't disrespect GSP. I hate to flame, but I am sorry that GSP whooped your beloved Matt Hughes' ass and shattered your dreams of the posterboy winning.

Hey, what do you know. I lied.

lol

Hughes and GSP both have huge heart and are both fierce athletes, GSP is a very tough opponent and he wont go down easy. Standing GSP can knock Hughes out or submit him with strikes, Hughes wont knock GSP out standing. Hughes probably wont knock GSP out on the ground either but he might be able to submit him. I think even though GSP's ground game is solid Hughes has probably the best in that division.

If Hughes can get GSP to the ground and keep him there he could pull out a victory if he cant ground GSP he'll lose. I just hope we dont see a boring fight where Hughes wins via just a bunch of non lethal take downs just scoring points. I dont see him getting TKO'd again.
<M>MA is offline  
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 07:29 PM
SugaRUSH!
 
brownpimp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by kds13
GSP doesn't have a good work ethic? he's a puss? he's tender?



did you watch the fight? even the first fight...GSP was winning that round till matt caught that armbar. GSP plays a huge role in his community and alot of people love mma because of him. if you take what you're saying then what i get out of it is..."matt got absolutely dismantled by a tender guy with no heart"

that doesnt say alot about hughes then, does it?





"I will say that GSP was just more confident. he has incredible speed and power. He plan and technique worked"
-only part of your quote i agree with.
Excellent post. I agree. Rep.

Support Mixed Martial Arts, not Ultimate Fighting

brownpimp88 is offline  
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 160
                     
OK. What I mean is that GSP already has had to back out of 2 fights due to injury. I am not saying that GSP is not a great fighter because he is definetly of high caliber when it comes to his skills. Matt Hughes didn't care what kind of shape he is in, if he was injured or if he just got finished fighting someone. He fought anyone they put in front of him whenever the UFC wanted to. he didn't care because he is a true champion with an unmatched heart that is tough as nails. If he just got finished fighting in a PPV UFC match and was beat up he turns around afights again in a month or 2 and defends his title. Injured or not he sucks it up and does what a true champion does.
LittleJoe is offline  
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 01:54 PM
IDL
Bantamweight
 
IDL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 648
           
I think it would depend on what type of injury you are talking about. Sure fighters fight with injuries all the time but mostly minor ones.

For you to prove your point about Hughes you'd have to come up with a time when Matt Hughes fought with an injury as bad as GSP's

Admittedly I don't know much about GSP's injury
IDL is offline  
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 02:46 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 70
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe
Matt Hughes didn't care what kind of shape he is in, if he was injured or if he just got finished fighting someone. He fought anyone they put in front of him whenever the UFC wanted to. he didn't care because he is a true champion with an unmatched heart that is tough as nails. If he just got finished fighting in a PPV UFC match and was beat up he turns around afights again in a month or 2 and defends his title. Injured or not he sucks it up and does what a true champion does.
Tank Abbott would fight every week in the UFC if asked him to. So after thinking about these enlightening posts, Im gonna have to agree with Little Joe's philosophy, and say that Tank is by far the Best Champion Eva and has more heart than any man alive, even christian men 50 to 60 years ago that weren't big pussies like the men today. I also sold my car to buy a tractor cuz i aint gonna be a pussie no more.
fedor8719 is offline  
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Flyweight
 
Bebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: St Catharines, ON
Posts: 428
                     
Dammit! You mean my pick polk-a-doted shirt and my pet shitzu makes me a wussie? Jeez, I wish men from 50 years ago could tell us how to be "real men with real heart".

I know! I'll trade in my little Japanease mirco-compact for some good 'ol Detroit Steel. Or maybe even follow that other guy and get a tractor! Grandpa would be so proud.
Bebop is offline  
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Megaweight
 
kds13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 5,148
Blog Entries: 11
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe
OK. What I mean is that GSP already has had to back out of 2 fights due to injury. I am not saying that GSP is not a great fighter because he is definetly of high caliber when it comes to his skills. Matt Hughes didn't care what kind of shape he is in, if he was injured or if he just got finished fighting someone. He fought anyone they put in front of him whenever the UFC wanted to. he didn't care because he is a true champion with an unmatched heart that is tough as nails. If he just got finished fighting in a PPV UFC match and was beat up he turns around afights again in a month or 2 and defends his title. Injured or not he sucks it up and does what a true champion does.
alright f%ck that. seriously. would you rather have GSP fight hurt and put on a terrible show or wait till he's healthy and see a good fight? stupidest post ever. heath herring, did you watch ufn 8? because he was pathetic. he looked awful. and he came out right after the fight and said he tore his mcl and wasn't healthy enough to fight good. why do i wanna see that sh!t?


pulling out of a fight because of injury is 10 times better for the fans than "sucking it up" and putting on a terrible performance.

kds13 is offline  
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Lightweight
 
TheJame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,615
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe
I am a HUGE Hughes fan. I will say that GSP was just more confident. he has incredible speed and power. He plan and technique worked that night. I think the next time they meet GSP will have a much different fight on his hands.
I strongly feel that Hughes has more heart than GSP and heart wins fights not cockiness which is one reason Hughes lost. GSP doesn't have the heart of Hughes and if you ask me he is kind of tender. Don't get me wrong he is the ultimate fighter right now and will make a great champ but he shouldn't get too use to the belt.

Todays kind of man(in general, not all, but just about all) compared to the men lets say 50-60 years ago are much weaker and sensitive. The men today are cry babies and lack courage and heart. We have become a society of metrosexual pusses and Hughes has the mentality, heart and hard work ethic of the men long gone from the past. He is what America use to be like. Honest hard working Christians who cares about his family and other people. I hope Hughes beats GSP's a** and brings pride back to America.
I don't imagine Matt Hughes' heart has anything to do with pretty much faking two low blows from St. Pierre.

Takes real character to pretend you're hurt to buy time.
TheJame is offline  
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Bad boys bad boys!
 
pauly_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: GY, England
Posts: 2,477
                     
Providing Hughes has a clear run to the re-match, I see him winning next time. I also see BJ beating GSP. Maybe I just don't like the guy.
pauly_j is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome