MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Disappointed In Silva (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/8484-disappointed-silva.html)

TYKIDD 02-04-2007 01:58 AM

Disappointed In Silva
 
Really thought Lutter exposed Silva. Very possibly the worst takedown defense I have ever seen. Silva showed how to beat him. I see everyone taking advantage of it in the future. Take him down pound him out. Lutter should have won when he had him mounted.

Alex_DeLarge 02-04-2007 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYKIDD
Really thought Lutter exposed Silva. Very possibly the worst takedown defense I have ever seen. Silva showed how to beat him. I see everyone taking advantage of it in the future. Take him down pound him out. Lutter should have won when he had him mounted.

Good thing Anderson has good BJJ to DEFEND the mount pal.

Worst takedown defense? Umm, actually Silva stuffed Lutter plenty of times and when Lutter did take him to the ground, Silva completely had him in control completely through, didn't let Lutter pass, prevented him from doing NOTHING, while also doing more work on the bottom, aside from that one mount Lutter amounted to jack shit.

And as far as worse takedown defense, you obviously didn't watch the Heath Herring fight.

By the way, Rich Frankin still got his ass kicked, no matter how much you down Silva.

anton 02-04-2007 02:03 AM

get off your high horse.

lutter took him down but silva neutralized any real damage lutter tried to do. lutter had mount for maybe 5 seconds before silva bucked him off rather easily.

the he dominated the 2nd rnd and finished with a slick triangle and furious elbows.

HowWePlay_77 02-04-2007 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge
By the way, Rich Frankin still got his ass kicked, no matter how much you down Silva.

LOL...that was a cheap shot

americanfighter 02-04-2007 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge
Good thing Anderson has good BJJ to DEFEND the mount pal.

Worst takedown defense? Umm, actually Silva stuffed Lutter plenty of times and when Lutter did take him to the ground, aside from that one mount he amounted to jack shit.

And as far as worse takedown defense, you obviously didn't watch the Heath Herring fight.

By the way, Rich Frankin still got his ass kicked, no matter how much you down Silva.

ok how did you pull franklin into the equation here? Any way I kind of see where he is coming from silva should have done better.
I am ready for Franklin vs silva 2 Rich will win this time.

TYKIDD 02-04-2007 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge
Good thing Anderson has good BJJ to DEFEND the mount pal.

Worst takedown defense? Umm, actually Silva stuffed Lutter plenty of times and when Lutter did take him to the ground, aside from that one mount he amounted to jack shit.

And as far as worse takedown defense, you obviously didn't watch the Heath Herring fight.

By the way, Rich Frankin still got his ass kicked, no matter how much you down Silva.

All right first off. your right i guess he had the second worst takedown defense right after herring. It was downright awful. And yes Franklin got his ass kicked. But just wait. The guy who fights Silva next takes shot after shot and ends up pounding him out. Silva will lose his title in the next defense garunteed. He exposed the weakness in his game. And When he bucked lutter off that was a joke. If that were someone with some more stamina or strength on top they dont get knocked off.

T.B. 02-04-2007 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anton
get off your high horse.

lutter took him down but silva neutralized any real damage lutter tried to do. lutter had mount for maybe 5 seconds before silva bucked him off rather easily.

the he dominated the 2nd rnd and finished with a slick triangle and furious elbows.

Thank you. You said it for me antonio.

You people are never satisfied. It's pretty ridiculous when you step back and look at it.

Silva displayed good ground defense, got it standing, did damage, was taken down in the 2nd, and finished a BJJ black belt with a submission...oh and not to mention, with his (with what some users here referred to as) "sub-par" ground game. What a joke.

Like anton said, get off your f'n high horse already.

jesse danger 02-04-2007 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYKIDD
Really thought Lutter exposed Silva. Very possibly the worst takedown defense I have ever seen. Silva showed how to beat him. I see everyone taking advantage of it in the future. Take him down pound him out. Lutter should have won when he had him mounted.

ummm i dont think he needs takedown Defense and you could tell he wasent trying to finish it in the 1 and he came in round 2 to finish it and he did,also if you watch in between
round 1 and 2 it looks like hes drinking an alcoholic drink.

asskicker 02-04-2007 02:10 AM

I think Silva could have some real problems with a good ground n pounder but his BJJ looks really good and he could probably make up for it.

<M>MA 02-04-2007 02:14 AM

Lutter's fault he got caught in the triangle, he was looking good up until then.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2