Brock Lesnar - 10 Bold Predictions for 2011 - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 12-09-2010, 07:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
tlilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 218
tlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By All
I think Statements like "Brock will never be champion" are a bit on the extreme side.

1) Brock has only 7 MMA fights and has all the resources in the world to train with the best people in the world. I think its not a matter of if he improves but how much he improves.

2) Matchup makes fights. Say what you will about his standup but he is definitely a elite fighter when it comes to the ground game.
Cain beat Lesnar because lesnar couldn't take him down and keep him down. But who is to say that if say JDS beats cain, that JDS can do the same. Remember MMA math doesn't work. Just because Lesnar can't beat cain doesn't mean Lesnar can't beat someone that can beat Cain. (I'm not assuming jds will beat cain but that is just an example)

3. In the HW division, anyone can knock anyone out if they connect We saw it before with lesnar hitting Randy on the side of the head. Although I would never favor lesnar over a guy like cain, if they fought 100 times, there is def no way cain would win 100 times. (maybe 99 times )

all that said, odds are def against brock to regain his belt, but I would never count him out.
__________________
"“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark." - Michelangelo
tlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,857
michelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to behold
Chuck Liddell had the same questions about Kurt Angle when he was "angling" for an MMA career: how will he react when he gets hit? Well, with Brock, now we know.

The question is, will he take pains to spar so that he can develop a tolerance to the pain? If he is willing to do so, he has a chance to become champion again. If not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leifdawg View Post
The gap in the skills isn't as big as some make it out to be. The huge gap that I saw was in their mental game. And in theory the mental aspect of fighting can be improved on a lot quicker.
michelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
enceledus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 1,440
enceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by anth brown View Post
I personally think brocks done … well, maybe not done but I don’t think he’ll ever own the championship again, and fi he does, cain will just take it staright off him, or carwin….i feel he could beat jds, but neither of these two, he’s to old to learn much more in the striking department imo

the gap in skills is to big, while he gets better, so to will cain, who has a much better training camp to develop his skills further
I really have to say I don't understand these sort of comments. He's done?

I agree with him probably not getting the championship again, but I wouldn't say never. He's accomplished a lot, and he's a relatively young fighter in regards to MMA.
__________________
"Existence precedes essence"

- Jean Paul Sartre

My podcast/blog: http://lifeashumans.blogspot.com/

Funniest thing you may ever find on the internet: www.gentlemanbob.com

or look for gentlemanbob on facebook

NPFFL: Cain Velasquez, Demian Maia, Lyoto Machida, Joseph Benavidez
enceledus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
enceledus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 1,440
enceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level nowenceledus is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlilly View Post
I think Statements like "Brock will never be champion" are a bit on the extreme side.

1) Brock has only 7 MMA fights and has all the resources in the world to train with the best people in the world. I think its not a matter of if he improves but how much he improves.

2) Matchup makes fights. Say what you will about his standup but he is definitely a elite fighter when it comes to the ground game.
Cain beat Lesnar because lesnar couldn't take him down and keep him down. But who is to say that if say JDS beats cain, that JDS can do the same. Remember MMA math doesn't work. Just because Lesnar can't beat cain doesn't mean Lesnar can't beat someone that can beat Cain. (I'm not assuming jds will beat cain but that is just an example)

3. In the HW division, anyone can knock anyone out if they connect We saw it before with lesnar hitting Randy on the side of the head. Although I would never favor lesnar over a guy like cain, if they fought 100 times, there is def no way cain would win 100 times. (maybe 99 times )

all that said, odds are def against brock to regain his belt, but I would never count him out.
It's nice to see a newb to the forum that isn't a complete idiot. I agree with most of what you're saying.
__________________
"Existence precedes essence"

- Jean Paul Sartre

My podcast/blog: http://lifeashumans.blogspot.com/

Funniest thing you may ever find on the internet: www.gentlemanbob.com

or look for gentlemanbob on facebook

NPFFL: Cain Velasquez, Demian Maia, Lyoto Machida, Joseph Benavidez
enceledus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
dario03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,001
dario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlilly View Post
I think Statements like "Brock will never be champion" are a bit on the extreme side.

1) Brock has only 7 MMA fights and has all the resources in the world to train with the best people in the world. I think its not a matter of if he improves but how much he improves.

2) Matchup makes fights. Say what you will about his standup but he is definitely a elite fighter when it comes to the ground game.
Cain beat Lesnar because lesnar couldn't take him down and keep him down. But who is to say that if say JDS beats cain, that JDS can do the same. Remember MMA math doesn't work. Just because Lesnar can't beat cain doesn't mean Lesnar can't beat someone that can beat Cain. (I'm not assuming jds will beat cain but that is just an example)

3. In the HW division, anyone can knock anyone out if they connect We saw it before with lesnar hitting Randy on the side of the head. Although I would never favor lesnar over a guy like cain, if they fought 100 times, there is def no way cain would win 100 times. (maybe 99 times )

all that said, odds are def against brock to regain his belt, but I would never count him out.
Yeah, who knows maybe Cain will try to stand with jds and get knocked out (not likely). Or maybe Cain will get hit by a bus (hopefully not), then Brock could definitely be champ again lol.
__________________
The Reigning, Defending, Undisputed MMAFNPFFL Grand Master Champion of The Universe!!!
dario03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
Amateur
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 199
ashokjr is a splendid one to beholdashokjr is a splendid one to beholdashokjr is a splendid one to beholdashokjr is a splendid one to beholdashokjr is a splendid one to beholdashokjr is a splendid one to beholdashokjr is a splendid one to beholdashokjr is a splendid one to beholdashokjr is a splendid one to beholdashokjr is a splendid one to beholdashokjr is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
Haha, this proves that the sig works my friend.
Sure it does. I never realized that I could reach for Alt + Tab in keyboard that fast. :-)
ashokjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 22
RedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by enceledus View Post
It's nice to see a newb to the forum that isn't a complete idiot. I agree with most of what you're saying.
You sound more of a noob then he does. Assumptions are ridiculous only time will tell if Lesnar will be able to regain the championship or not. If he doesn't retire I see no way that will he not be able to regain the championship belt. Be it Cain or JDS, Lesnar has the potential but the skill as of now. Nobody can tell the future and comparing Lesnar with Sapp is uber foolish. Lesnar is not just another big man. He is bigger, stronger and moves like a light weight(reminds me of classic boxing fights of Mike Tyson), s a div 1 wrestler and had a victory of Randy Couture amongst many of his vicories.
So he is not a striker, is Chael Sonnen a striker? And look what he did to Anderson Silva... enough said.
RedNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:10 AM   #28 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
js9234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Currently stationed in Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,166
js9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant future
Yeah, he got submited by Silva with busted ribs LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNite View Post
You sound more of a noob then he does. Assumptions are ridiculous only time will tell if Lesnar will be able to regain the championship or not. If he doesn't retire I see no way that will he not be able to regain the championship belt. Be it Cain or JDS, Lesnar has the potential but the skill as of now. Nobody can tell the future and comparing Lesnar with Sapp is uber foolish. Lesnar is not just another big man. He is bigger, stronger and moves like a light weight(reminds me of classic boxing fights of Mike Tyson), s a div 1 wrestler and had a victory of Randy Couture amongst many of his vicories.
So he is not a striker, is Chael Sonnen a striker? And look what he did to Anderson Silva... enough said.
js9234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:33 AM   #29 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 22
RedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the roughRedNite is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by js9234 View Post
Yeah, he got submited by Silva with busted ribs LOL
Everybody knows the result, but perhaps I was mentioning about the entire 22 minutes of domination before that fluke victory of Silva.
If I were to apply your logic then Werdum is a better fighter than Fedor because he submitted him?
Come up with something better to back up your argument, your logic doesn't makes sense.

Last edited by RedNite : 01-20-2011 at 05:36 AM.
RedNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:16 AM   #30 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
js9234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Currently stationed in Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,166
js9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant futurejs9234 has a brilliant future
Wow! You sure took a lot from that post. Logic? Argument? I think you need to chill and have a drink little man...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNite View Post
Everybody knows the result, but perhaps I was mentioning about the entire 22 minutes of domination before that fluke victory of Silva.
If I were to apply your logic then Werdum is a better fighter than Fedor because he submitted him?
Come up with something better to back up your argument, your logic doesn't makes sense.
js9234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios