* 10 best fighters not signed by UFC @ end of 2011*
Its almost 2011, so which fighters are the best that by the end of 2011 will NOT be signed by ufc?
(no particular order)
1. Werdum- Doesn’t have exclusive strikeforce contract, and may be fighting next in either japan or abu dhabi next . After that in strikeforce probably against Alistair overeem, but is locked in strikeforce for years to come.
2. Fedor: was offered a great deal from the UFC, but fedor's association with m-1 and vadim finkelstein will deny him the opportunity to fight in the ufc. He’s signing a new contract with strikeforce, Fighting next in January. M1 rejected Antonio Silva and wants Werdum but will probably fight Josh Barnett whose the best Pride heavyweight Fedor never fought.
3. Brett Rogers: Fighting next probably January 29th vs Ray Sefo, and in the future probably against other strikers like Lavar Johnson, Del Rosario, Kharitonov and maybe Arlovski rematch.
4. Daniel Cormier: he has 5 more fights with strikeforce as of now.. will fight Jan 7 against Devin Cole. Wants to fight Chad Griggs (who beat Lashley)
5. Gilbert Melendez: Avenged losses to Ishida and Thomson and defeated Aoki. Is the current strikeforce champion and training partner of Jake Shields, Nick Diaz and Nate Diaz. signed new contract with strikeforce. Next fight probably 2011 rubber match with Thomson
6. Ronaldo “Jacare”: may be locked up in championship clause. Expressed interest in fighting in ufc, but signed a new contract following his win over Tim Kennedy. Is training partner of fellow middleweight champion Anderson Silva
7. Rafael “Feijao”: may be locked up in championship clause. His trainer planned for him to be the ufc champion. Is fighting next most likely Dan Henderson. Other possible opponents include Mike Kyle and Mousasi.
8. Gegard Mousasi: signed a 4 fight deal for 2 years with Strikeforce. he is rumored to be fighting JLB next in Dream. Will fight next in Strikeforce Feb 2011 probably against mike kyle
9. Lawal: previously expressed interest in fighting in UFC and was compared to Phil Davis and Jon Jones, and also had some rivalry going with rampage. he wont be fighting until mid 2011 due to knee injury. Opponents could be Hendo, or Mousasi rematch. Has 2-3 fights left in strikeforce.
10. Jorge Santiago: claims to like his Japanese contract and will fight for strikeforce where they will allow him to keep it.
currently supporting: Cain Velasquez, Fedor, Werdum, Shogun, Machida, Anderson, GSP