Anderson Silva fanboy check. How do u think he ranks compared to boxers? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 12-18-2010, 05:31 AM   #21 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 93
pacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
You have to bare in mind that putting together combinations with your hands in MMA is very risky. If you look to fire off a 4-6 punch combo there is a great chance of you getting clinched or take down.

There arnt many fighters i can think of who put together strings of combinations on a consistent basis.
i think that's another lame idea. if u have exceptional speed and significant power, u can pretty much do what u want.
pacmantyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-18-2010, 05:34 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 45
borama will become famous soon enoughborama will become famous soon enoughborama will become famous soon enoughborama will become famous soon enoughborama will become famous soon enoughborama will become famous soon enoughborama will become famous soon enoughborama will become famous soon enoughborama will become famous soon enoughborama will become famous soon enoughborama will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmantyson View Post
stupid reply. i don't agree with the 'boxing stance won't work in mma' idea that mma fans like to throw around. for one thing, all it takes is a hard well timed hook to put a shooting fool on his ass. boxing footwork is useless in mma? totally lame idea. james toney isn't hw champ because he's an old out of shape has been who's merely after some extra cash. it seems like i remember ray mercer doing pretty well during his short stint in mma.
thats because mercer vsed a fat moron called tim sylvia who thought it would be a jolly idea to stand and box with a professional boxer even though he had already been knocked on his ass by old man randy.
borama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:36 AM   #23 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,963
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmantyson View Post
stupid reply. i don't agree with the 'boxing stance won't work in mma' idea that mma fans like to throw around. for one thing, all it takes is a hard well timed hook to put a shooting fool on his ass. boxing footwork is useless in mma? totally lame idea. james toney isn't hw champ because he's an old out of shape has been who's merely after some extra cash. it seems like i remember ray mercer doing pretty well during his short stint in mma.
Right. When was the last time you saw "a hard well timed hook to put a shooting fool on his ass"? Some old wives tale that boxing fans like to hang their hopes on. Its nonsense. The only thing ive ever seen put a shooting fool out is a well timed knee.

Boxing footwork? Really? You would have no fecking knees left by the end of the fight. There are no corners to cut off and even if you do cut the cage off you may very well get clinched. The ref will not split you up.

The fact remains that boxing stance is completely wrong for MMA = footwork needs to work differently. To deny this is to deny everything we've learned over the last 10 years.

EDIT.

I just saw your Mercer comment. lol. Mercer got beat by Kimbo fooking Slice!
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 93
pacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Right. When was the last time you saw "a hard well timed hook to put a shooting fool on his ass"? Some old wives tale that boxing fans like to hang their hopes on. Its nonsense. The only thing ive ever seen put a shooting fool out is a well timed knee.

Boxing footwork? Really? You would have no fecking knees left by the end of the fight. There are no corners to cut off and even if you do cut the cage off you may very well get clinched. The ref will not split you up.

The fact remains that boxing stance is completely wrong for MMA = footwork needs to work differently. To deny this is to deny everything we've learned over the last 10 years.

EDIT.

I just saw your Mercer comment. lol. Mercer got beat by Kimbo fooking Slice!
ok, so mercer was well past his prime. he still tooled the tall white goofy one.

that's another thing about mma fans that comes across rather comical to me. some of u peeps seem to think only muay tie fighters can throw a knee. u say u have to be able to use your knees to catch someone shooting in, well, using knees is pretty damn easy. a top notch boxer is going to get clinched? a top notch boxer would have one hell of an inside striking game and could throw those punches with blinding speed with small gloves, so i don't think so. would have no knees left? why? it's easier to counter a kick than it is a punch.
pacmantyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:13 AM   #25 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,963
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmantyson View Post
ok, so mercer was well past his prime. he still tooled the tall white goofy one.

that's another thing about mma fans that comes across rather comical to me. some of u peeps seem to think only muay tie fighters can throw a knee. u say u have to be able to use your knees to catch someone shooting in, well, using knees is pretty damn easy. a top notch boxer is going to get clinched? a top notch boxer would have one hell of an inside striking game and could throw those punches with blinding speed with small gloves, so i don't think so. would have no knees left? why? it's easier to counter a kick than it is a punch.
I lol'd at "the tall white goofy one"

Do you really want me to go through your points, counter-argue and then wait for your return volley again?

Ok then... if you insist. It is saturday and ive got nuffin to do.

A takedown can be achieved using all parts of the body. Sure, a full double dive can be countered with a hook maybe. But what about takedowns aimed at knees and ankles? A hook will do nothing but lose your balance making it that bit easier. The fact that you threw a hook also means your less likely to have control of the attackers head or arms. The technique Randy used to take down Toney for example? No boxing skill will ever stop that takedown.

The clinch? O come on now! MMA fighters stomp, knee and elbow in the clinch. A boxer with excellent inside boxing cant counter this. If you use boxings nuances with stance and positioning when throwing inside punches, god help you if you miss as your balance will be fecked and your gonna get tripped.

My reference to knees is simply because a boxers lead leg is generally so far forward that his knees will get either kicked or thier ankle grabbed for a takedown. If they tuck their lead leg in then the stance is changed = not the same type of punch thrown = sloppy ( apparently )


In closing. I'm not a fighter. I'm a bit of a soft centred idiot if I'm honest. All of my opinions are based on watching this shit and reading shit from other people. I might be completely wrong. But this being the internet, I'm allowed to hide behind my anonymous shield and call you completely wrong instead.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 93
pacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
I lol'd at "the tall white goofy one"

Do you really want me to go through your points, counter-argue and then wait for your return volley again?

Ok then... if you insist. It is saturday and ive got nuffin to do.

A takedown can be achieved using all parts of the body. Sure, a full double dive can be countered with a hook maybe. But what about takedowns aimed at knees and ankles? A hook will do nothing but lose your balance making it that bit easier. The fact that you threw a hook also means your less likely to have control of the attackers head or arms. The technique Randy used to take down Toney for example? No boxing skill will ever stop that takedown.

The clinch? O come on now! MMA fighters stomp, knee and elbow in the clinch. A boxer with excellent inside boxing cant counter this. If you use boxings nuances with stance and positioning when throwing inside punches, god help you if you miss as your balance will be fecked and your gonna get tripped.

My reference to knees is simply because a boxers lead leg is generally so far forward that his knees will get either kicked or thier ankle grabbed for a takedown. If they tuck their lead leg in then the stance is chanced = not the same type of punch thrown = sloppy ( apparently )


In closing. I'm not a fighter. I'm a bit of a soft centred idiot if I'm honest. All of my opinions are based on watching this shit and reading shit from other people. I might be completely wrong. But this being the internet, I'm allowed to hide behind my anonymous shield and call you completely wrong instead.

let's forget our conversation about relative technical what ifs. how many mma fighters have u seen recently who have consistently been able to take their opponents down at will, regardless of what type of punch was thrown? gsp and maybe sonnen? anyone else? ok, well, isn't light now being shed?

Last edited by pacmantyson : 12-18-2010 at 06:34 AM.
pacmantyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:30 AM   #27 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,963
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmantyson View Post
let's forget our conversation about relative technical what ifs. how many mma fighters have u seen recently who have consistently been able to take their oppenents down at will, regardless of what type of punch was thrown? gsp and maybe sonnen? anyone else? ok, well, isn't light now being shed?
Dude, that's because their opponents are well trained MMA fighters. Thats why its difficult. If we were seeing lots of fighters with very average wrestling, then you would be seeing many more takedowns. You talk as if wrestling is something you get in a Kinder egg.( maybe 2 )
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:40 AM   #28 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 93
pacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Dude, that's because their opponents are well trained MMA fighters. Thats why its difficult. If we were seeing lots of fighters with very average wrestling, then you would be seeing many more takedowns. You talk as if wrestling is something you get in a Kinder egg.( maybe 2 )
i'm tired, so this is my last statement for the night: whether talking professional mma fighters or street brawlers, using wrestling to gain an advantage seems to be much easier when both fighters are already on the ground compared to using wrestling to get someone on the ground.
pacmantyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:43 AM   #29 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,963
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmantyson View Post
i'm tired, so this is my last statement for the night: whether talking professional mma fighters or street brawlers, using wrestling to gain an advantage seems to be much easier when both fighters are already on the ground compared to using wrestling to get someone on the ground.
Being european, Ive just had my morning coffee and am preparing for an afternoon of football and ganja.

Sleep tight friend. See you later!

O... and I dont agree.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:50 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 93
pacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Being european, Ive just had my morning coffee and am preparing for an afternoon of football and ganja.

Sleep tight friend. See you later!

O... and I dont agree.
i'll reply once more, only because i'm part irish. hey, if you're european, u should loath wrestling! no one in all of europe can wrestle. nice chat. see ya.
pacmantyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios